Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 2 Sep 2014, 16:02 (Ref:3449749)   #51
Pete2cv28
Rookie

Pete2cv28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
As for improving it for marshals, sort out the car numbers! Many were invisible from many angles. Take a leaf from car 77 who had the numbers in LED lights. While I loved the rainbow colors on the cars if every team put the same effort into doing the numbers the same way it would have been much appreciated
It will be taken on board. Its cheap enough to buy this stuff from China now.
Some numbers may be a hassle but hell will it be pretty!

As drivers we could do a back lit or dot matrix board for start line signals like black flags and warnings. We had one guy going round for about an hour who didn't see pit signals or the black flag.

All stuff to work on. Cheers for the feed back
Old 2 Sep 2014, 18:06 (Ref:3449776)   #52
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As one of the guys trying to get Car 90 in I have every sympathy with him. A black and orange and then a black flag must be very difficult to see at night, even when we stood in the brightest part of the pit wall, but he was also ignoring his own team board! If it's any consolation, he wasn't the only one.

We can only work with what we have so if you can bring illuminated boards or whatever next year that will be great.
Old 3 Sep 2014, 08:22 (Ref:3449920)   #53
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
haggispeed has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yep, black flags at night don't really stand out much... How did you guys get on at Snett in the past ? was the pit wall just better illuminated ?
So maybe we just need an illuminated board for Signal 1 and the drivers made aware of it at briefing.
A matrix style board on the gantry would be great but those things don't come cheap !
But if that was the only problem, what a meeting !
Old 3 Sep 2014, 09:27 (Ref:3449926)   #54
Pete2cv28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggispeed View Post
Yep, black flags at night don't really stand out much... How did you guys get on at Snett in the past ? was the pit wall just better illuminated ?
Good question. I only did Snett for 10 years and can't remember?? perhaps i never got one although that seems unlikely.
The 2cv racing club has started a feed back system where you can send ideas on how we can improve the event and the weekend overall. We would appreciate any help you can give us.
We are aiming to you lot more involved in the weekend in general, we certainly want to recreate the vibe of the evenings. In hindsight not enough information was given out. This will be improved for 2105.
I have put forward the idea of the LED strip lighting for the numbers on the cars, simple and effective.
Anything else please feel free to email it to the club 2cvanglesyfeedback@gmail.com
cheers
Pete
Old 4 Sep 2014, 12:29 (Ref:3450213)   #55
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Well I had a wonderful time

Agree about the numbers - tbh the lights over the numbers were probably ok for anyone on a raised post - but for those of us at the same ground level as the cars, they just didn't get the job done. I do think we need to up our game a little on the light signals - those yellow batons really were very difficult to see from post to post and if we couldn't see them while we were standing still, what chance did the drivers have?!
But it was certainly the fun event I remembered from Mondello, the atmosphere was amazing and my only regret is that I didn't go out to post early and missed what was, by all accounts, a really superb parade
Please please please Anglesey again next year so we can make sure we can get to it!
Old 4 Sep 2014, 15:57 (Ref:3450271)   #56
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i loved the parade, maybe because i was chasing it so to speak in the Citroen cactus, getting all sorts of looks from around the track about that
Old 4 Sep 2014, 19:23 (Ref:3450325)   #57
Paul Newns
Veteran

From the pit wall the light sabres were highly visible, Terry. Not sure what the drivers could see but I was surprised how effective they were. Your sabre dance was apparently very entertaining - heard it'd get you get a ten from Len! Just wish there was video of it so we could all learn the technique.
Old 5 Sep 2014, 08:50 (Ref:3450489)   #58
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Newns View Post
From the pit wall the light sabres were highly visible, Terry. Not sure what the drivers could see but I was surprised how effective they were. Your sabre dance was apparently very entertaining - heard it'd get you get a ten from Len! Just wish there was video of it so we could all learn the technique.
I was cold. It was dance on the spot or be found in the morning, rock solid and having to be removed from the post using a forklift

I'm told that, with therapy, the Rescue Unit may still recover from the emotional trauma of 5 hours of watching a dancing pumpkin.....!
Old 5 Sep 2014, 15:03 (Ref:3450559)   #59
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a brilliant time at this meeting I was a tad mindful
That 2cv's wouldn't be as entertaining as the the other 24 hours races I have done
Featuring gt3 machines. How wrong could I be a fabulously event great racing and as always Anglesey was lovely I will be back and what I great event. Loved it
Old 7 Sep 2014, 18:03 (Ref:3451075)   #60
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin View Post
I do think we need to up our game a little on the light signals - those yellow batons really were very difficult to see from post to post and if we couldn't see them while we were standing still, what chance did the drivers have?!
The best method I've seen was Surfer's Paradise. Highly reflective coloured board in all the colours, but also different shapes for each - circle for yellow, diamond for red, square for green. I had a trip round in the SC and I can confirm they were very visible.

I'll see if I can dig out a photo to post.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 23:31 (Ref:3451133)   #61
Pete2cv28
Rookie

Guys
You may find some pictures of yourselves on this group of photos taken by my mate Adam Lines. I think he caught the atmosphere just right.
At points it doesn't even look like a race track. What an amazing place.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=88600d6de5
Old 8 Sep 2014, 07:29 (Ref:3451182)   #62
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
saw a few people I recognise - Mr Newns, is this you lurking out of focus at the back of this pic?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0d6de5&theater
Old 8 Sep 2014, 08:51 (Ref:3451194)   #63
Pete2cv28
Rookie

This is just an idea but would any of you be interested in marshals track sessions at Anglesey next year?
There are all sorts of strange things going on.
Old 8 Sep 2014, 15:23 (Ref:3451254)   #64
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete2cv28 View Post
This is just an idea but would any of you be interested in marshals track sessions at Anglesey next year?
There are all sorts of strange things going on.
Track sessions? As in letting us loose in 2CVs?
Old 8 Sep 2014, 16:44 (Ref:3451268)   #65
Paul Newns
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin View Post
saw a few people I recognise - Mr Newns, is this you lurking out of focus at the back of this pic?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0d6de5&theater
There's only one person that ugly in orange on the planet so yes that is definitely moi.
Old 9 Sep 2014, 21:05 (Ref:3451641)   #66
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
what an idea that is pete, dangerous but fun. i think most people were panicked enough on Friday night when i went out to do my sighting laps driving the safety car, apparently there was even a pool going on of were i would stuff it, and some cheeky get even had pit exit
Old 9 Sep 2014, 21:14 (Ref:3451644)   #67
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel_monkey View Post
apparently there was even a pool going on of were i would stuff it, and some cheeky get even had pit exit
That was my guess, and sadly? He failed to bin it!

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 9 Sep 2014, 21:21 (Ref:3451648)   #68
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
i knew it was but wasn't gonna grass, most popular was over the top at rocket and into the spine.

Pete, would you be kind enough to pass a massive massive thanks from the safety car team to all at tete rouge. even when their car was on track they took time out to swop a studded tyre on the safety car as we had no tools to do it. a massive massive help and a massive massive thank you.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 08:42 (Ref:3453496)   #69
tete rouge
Rookie

England
Retford
tete rouge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel_monkey View Post
i knew it was but wasn't gonna grass, most popular was over the top at rocket and into the spine.

Pete, would you be kind enough to pass a massive massive thanks from the safety car team to all at tete rouge. even when their car was on track they took time out to swop a studded tyre on the safety car as we had no tools to do it. a massive massive help and a massive massive thank you.
Absolutely no problem at all ,a pleasure to help.In 20 years that's the first time we have pitted the safety car.
Old 19 Sep 2014, 21:33 (Ref:3455250)   #70
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
Quote:
Originally Posted by tete rouge View Post
Absolutely no problem at all ,a pleasure to help.In 20 years that's the first time we have pitted the safety car.
massive thanks again, we got the sc fri night and between then and sat qual we found a tyre wall stud in the front. after speaking to citroen it became apparent there was only a re inflation kit. so after knicking a spare wheel of the display one we still had no gear so massive massive help. thanks again