Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 18 Jan 2012, 10:20 (Ref:3013312)   #1501
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
He's not doing commentary/summariser work though is he? He's doing the magazine and comment style stuff.....
I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
Oh dear, not sure Damon was a good edition to the team. He was incredibly dull when he attempted to cover for Brundle a couple of years ago at the Hungarian GP (I think). Obviously this is a different role, but not convinced his voice is made for TV. I could change my mind of course.
Would you like to borrow my glasses?
Old 18 Jan 2012, 12:33 (Ref:3013383)   #1502
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
oh yeah Crufty has gone somewhere else, Im confused as to where mind. Is Legard still odd jobbing at the Beeb on lower league football and Darts?
Would you really want Legard over James Allen given the choice?
Old 18 Jan 2012, 12:47 (Ref:3013390)   #1503
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasnt that Crofty doing the live darts commentary on the beeb at the weekend (as opposed to Legard)
Old 18 Jan 2012, 12:52 (Ref:3013391)   #1504
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Crofty was Freelance when working for USP/5Live. Not sure whether he'll remain freelance or whether he'll take on a Sky Contract.

If he is on a Sky Contract, it may have been a case of honouring previous agreements as they didn't interfere with the F1 stuff.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 12:54 (Ref:3013392)   #1505
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
I certainly wouldn't. Leggard should be given a lifetime gagging order. I maybe being a bit optimistic but I can't help but think that Allen will have matured in the years since he was at ITV. He won't be unaware of the criticism that's been leveled at him and as long as he's curbed his more annoying habits, he'll be O.K, IMO.

As for Damon Hill, as long as Sky has forgotten about Nigel Mansell, I'm happy enough.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:36 (Ref:3013552)   #1506
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I've just resubscribed to Sky Sports in anticipation of the new season.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:38 (Ref:3013553)   #1507
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Sorry matt, I had to re-read that twice. (My initial scan came over as "Would you really want a legover with James Allen!"
Obviously, the answer to 'both' questions is a very definite NO!
Old 18 Jan 2012, 17:03 (Ref:3013572)   #1508
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
infidel! unclean, unclean!!

(did they offer you any incentives?)
Old 18 Jan 2012, 17:54 (Ref:3013638)   #1509
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
(did they offer you any incentives?)
Yes, Martin Brundle.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 18:22 (Ref:3013650)   #1510
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-16544335
Bernie wouldn't even need to extradite you

Perhaps being forced to is a defence?
That guy was hosting a website pointing everyone to the sources. It's not exactly illegal yet to watch one of the links.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 19:43 (Ref:3013708)   #1511
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Given Peugeot's withdrawl from the WEC and Le Mans, Ant Davidson could now be available for the whole season on SkySPortsF1.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 20:10 (Ref:3013729)   #1512
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wasn't even hosting the stream, just a link to it.

Which site will you be forced to go to? Do tell.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 20:22 (Ref:3013735)   #1513
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Welcome to the dark side mate!
Old 19 Jan 2012, 01:41 (Ref:3013886)   #1514
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Yes indeed.

Says Mr V
Old 19 Jan 2012, 11:53 (Ref:3014039)   #1515
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I certainly wouldn't. Leggard should be given a lifetime gagging order. I maybe being a bit optimistic but I can't help but think that Allen will have matured in the years since he was at ITV. He won't be unaware of the criticism that's been leveled at him and as long as he's curbed his more annoying habits, he'll be O.K, IMO.

As for Damon Hill, as long as Sky has forgotten about Nigel Mansell, I'm happy enough.
In a M News piece this week he said he had learnt a lot since leaving ITV and also offered the view that the coverage then was Lewis overkill and he was more balanced in his approach nowadays.
Old 19 Jan 2012, 11:56 (Ref:3014041)   #1516
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Saw Sky advert today stating the the F1 channel will be included in HD subscription, so I don't think you need to be a Sky Sports subscriber to get it. Hope not anyway as we already pay for HD and don't fancy a sports sub as well!
Old 19 Jan 2012, 11:59 (Ref:3014045)   #1517
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Saw Sky advert today stating the the F1 channel will be included in HD subscription, so I don't think you need to be a Sky Sports subscriber to get it. Hope not anyway as we already pay for HD and don't fancy a sports sub as well!
This has been stated time and time again, if you have any HD subscription you get F1 free.
Old 19 Jan 2012, 13:04 (Ref:3014086)   #1518
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89 View Post
That guy was hosting a website pointing everyone to the sources. It's not exactly illegal yet to watch one of the links.
that's what google do too, and they do a far better job of it. which is the mad bit.

/offtopic
Old 20 Jan 2012, 00:39 (Ref:3014344)   #1519
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
In a M News piece this week he said he had learnt a lot since leaving ITV and also offered the view that the coverage then was Lewis overkill and he was more balanced in his approach nowadays.
I do think James Allen has the potential for redemption whereas both Leggard and Karlton Kirby have been forever lost to madness.
Old 20 Jan 2012, 11:47 (Ref:3014505)   #1520
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I do think James Allen has the potential for redemption
Be careful you're not being lost to madness yourself
Old 20 Jan 2012, 21:04 (Ref:3014715)   #1521
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Get in there.
Old 22 Jan 2012, 00:29 (Ref:3015159)   #1522
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Be careful you're not being lost to madness yourself
I past that point once I clicked the register link.
Old 25 Jan 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3016946)   #1523
lescombes
Rookie

United Kingdom
Huntingdon
lescombes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having sorted a HD Satellite...I am sorted for RTL & Sport1 for F1 coverage and enjoying so far... Dakar and WRC on Eurosport for free.... just for the £60 outlay for the kit and a free android phone app to align the dish to Astra 19.2 ...Eurosport have DTM too and Astra 19 have Dmax with Dmotor (Sabine Schmidt etc) plus even our Top Gear..... some channels have English subtitles too but being a German speaker ...I'm made up....
Old 25 Jan 2012, 18:52 (Ref:3016958)   #1524
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Das ist sehr gut mein freund.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3017262)   #1525
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
The last time I watched F1 on RTL they used to have those ten minutes adverts. Used to drive me up the wall.

Missed the news that Eurosport has bagged the DTM.
Closed Thread

Tags
outrage, sky