Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Mar 2017, 08:17 (Ref:3719955)   #2726
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting article, puts some of speculation to rest, however you'd still have expected a few more logos or a sunstrip if they're pumping in as much as he claims!
Old 19 Mar 2017, 11:01 (Ref:3719980)   #2727
Liquoriceman
Racer

England
Lancashire
Liquoriceman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
Interesting article, puts some of speculation to rest, however you'd still have expected a few more logos or a sunstrip if they're pumping in as much as he claims!
He makes it sound like a swap of Vauxhall parts for an Automotive Brands address list rather than a conventional sponsorship arrangement and Vauxhall would still have to pay for any on car branding in the future.
Old 19 Mar 2017, 12:44 (Ref:3719996)   #2728
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplodeTheApex View Post
http://www.touringcars.net/2017/03/a...-deal-bit-coup
Interesting article on the PMR-Vauxhall arrangement

a business-to-business relationship and a clever way to go about getting manufacturer involved. mutual back-scratching is how so many motor racing deals happen. well done to him!
Old 19 Mar 2017, 13:19 (Ref:3719999)   #2729
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquoriceman View Post
He makes it sound like a swap of Vauxhall parts for an Automotive Brands address list rather than a conventional sponsorship arrangement and Vauxhall would still have to pay for any on car branding in the future.
Just where he says they're very much a manufacturer backed team, you'd expect a tad more that's all.

It's a very good deal and the prospect of more input the better they do has got to be a great incentive to get towards the thick end.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 10:52 (Ref:3720146)   #2730
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And as I've said before it gives teams more financial stability, instead having to find it themselves
Old 20 Mar 2017, 11:07 (Ref:3720149)   #2731
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Well I dare say the BMW money would have paid for Turkington too.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 17:12 (Ref:3720238)   #2732
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm nitpicking, but you know, phones + driving etc...

Old 20 Mar 2017, 17:27 (Ref:3720243)   #2733
Tja
Racer

Tja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
I'm nitpicking, but you know, phones + driving etc...

How did you spot that??
Tom Coronel was given a hefty fine by the FIA for posting a short clip of him celebrating on the cool down lap at the Nürburgring last year. Let's see if someone at the MSA follows this forum.
Old 21 Mar 2017, 07:24 (Ref:3720364)   #2734
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe worth knowing if there was permission asked before jumping to conclusions. After all it was media day and the picture was taken during tracking shots.
Old 21 Mar 2017, 09:31 (Ref:3720380)   #2735
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Maybe worth knowing if there was permission asked before jumping to conclusions. After all it was media day and the picture was taken during tracking shots.
Even so, it's a bit of silly image to publish during a time when the current Think! campaign is about the use of handheld phones while driving.
Old 21 Mar 2017, 11:26 (Ref:3720391)   #2736
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Controlled conditions
Old 21 Mar 2017, 11:36 (Ref:3720393)   #2737
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Even so, it's a bit of silly image to publish during a time when the current Think! campaign is about the use of handheld phones while driving.
Would you say the same to Terry Grant when he gets out of a donuting car ?

Context is key here. And this and the original post are taking the subject way way out of it.
Old 21 Mar 2017, 12:39 (Ref:3720398)   #2738
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Would you say the same to Terry Grant when he gets out of a donuting car ?

Context is key here. And this and the original post are taking the subject way way out of it.
No - because Terry Grant is a stunt driver, and the act of performing a doughnut would be part of his entertainment.

But - when a professional car driver performs a doughnut, or any other stunt, it would usually be accompanied by a message that it was carried out in controlled conditions and should not be tried at home.

This was not a deliberate stunt performed by a driver - this was a major star in BTCC (some would argue a household name) pictured using a mobile phone whilst at the controls of a car. Whatever context it is in, it surely is not the right message to send to spectators?
Old 21 Mar 2017, 13:06 (Ref:3720404)   #2739
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Geez, give the guy a break....

In the Netherlands we have a saying called 'putting salt on all snails', which roughly translates into 'looking for all the little things to comment on'. This is a bit like that imho...
Old 21 Mar 2017, 13:15 (Ref:3720406)   #2740
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
Geez, give the guy a break....

In the Netherlands we have a saying called 'putting salt on all snails', which roughly translates into 'looking for all the little things to comment on'. This is a bit like that imho...
Considering a Dutch touring car driver has already been fined for such an action, Plato should know better.
Old 21 Mar 2017, 13:29 (Ref:3720407)   #2741
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's a difference between a live track and a photo op in my opinion. Though Coronels action didn't bother me either.
Old 21 Mar 2017, 14:31 (Ref:3720414)   #2742
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's all nothing, it's only during launch day, leave it till one of them does in race conditions
Old 21 Mar 2017, 15:29 (Ref:3720428)   #2743
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Old 22 Mar 2017, 19:48 (Ref:3720736)   #2744
Ry44
Racer

Ry44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silly season may be over but dont suppose anyone knows anything about this

https://twitter.com/EppsRacer/status/844629611635916800
Old 23 Mar 2017, 06:39 (Ref:3720823)   #2745
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
Possibly the wheel nuts that were coming loose?
Old 23 Mar 2017, 08:42 (Ref:3720841)   #2746
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://twitter.com/RMLGroup/status/844825932779028481

Not RML whatever it is
Old 23 Mar 2017, 09:11 (Ref:3720845)   #2747
RED55
Racer

Sweden
Banbury
RED55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats Team Hard at the back of the emergency parts Q this year now then !

Isnt there a testing Ban on now anyway so close to season start ? I thought it was outlawed 2 weeks before season start or has that changed ? anyone know ?
Old 23 Mar 2017, 10:22 (Ref:3720864)   #2748
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED55 View Post
Isnt there a testing Ban on now anyway so close to season start ? I thought it was outlawed 2 weeks before season start or has that changed ? anyone know ?
No - the restrictions on testing come into force on 29 March, and are given below.

Proctor said in an interview during Media Day something along the lines of 'We can always get more test days in, and we will have plenty of opportunity before Brands'. They will also get an extra 5 days permitted during the season because of the new model. I wonder whether any of the CC, Avensis, or Chevrolet cars are allowed this, as the drivers are keen to point out the cars are effectively new?

'Testing after the last race of the 2016 Championship is unrestricted until 5pm, Wednesday,
March 29 2017.
ii) During the course of the 2017 Championship testing will be permitted for entrants on Circuit
General Test Days up to a maximum of 4 days per registered driver (or up to 8 half days). Teams
competing with new design cars will be permitted up to 5 additional test days. For the avoidance
of doubt, ‘new design cars’ are models that have not previously competed in the Championship
under NGTC technical regulations and which are significantly technically different from the make
or model previously used by that Team. The venue and the purpose of the test must be notified
at least 48 hours in advance to the Co-ordinator and a Championship sealed engine must be
used. For the avoidance of doubt any testing by any registered driver, team or entrant of any
kind whatsoever and regardless of the type of vehicle cannot be undertaken at a venue that
hosts a Meeting of the 2017 Championship until after that Meeting, unless with the specific
authorisation of the Administrator.
Using one of the above test days, each team is permitted to test once (with the prior approval of
the Administrator) on a non-exclusive basis at a circuit that hosts a Meeting of the 2017
Championship providing the test takes place no less than 30 days prior to that Championship
Meeting.'

Old 24 Mar 2017, 14:04 (Ref:3721176)   #2749
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
How are the support grids looking for 2017? Healthy?
Old 24 Mar 2017, 15:00 (Ref:3721199)   #2750
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
How are the support grids looking for 2017? Healthy?
Clios are in mid to high twenties with potentially a few more coming in yet. Porsche Cup is low twenties. Not sure on F4, I think they have an entry in the low twenties but they're having quite a few part season entries so it's difficult to say how many will be at each round. Seen quite a few drivers being announced in the Ginetta Juniors but not sure on an exact number, I would hazard a guess that it's low to mid twenties. Ginetta GT4s looks to be the lowest again, but not sure on an exact number, I'm not really bothered about them to be fair, I usually use their races as a chance to have a wander.

All in all the entire package is looking extremely healthy.