Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Nov 2012, 01:17 (Ref:3168235)   #26
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't see it being a drama.

a) In V8s it very rarely happens and, when it does, it only cuts it down by a lap or two at the most*. Not a huge loss and really has naff-all impact in the scheme of things.
b) The TV channel is paying the money, they get some say in it. It's still better than in rugby league where Channel 9 and Fox dictate the scheduling of matches for their own interests, regardless of fan preferences. Only AFL has stood up in any way shape or form in this regard.

*Yes - I know there will be an example of a major impact - the exception does not disprove the general rule.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 02:01 (Ref:3168246)   #27
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The timetabling of the weekend probably wasn't the best. The last Formula Ford race was cut from 10 to 6 laps. Even taking into account a slow recovery from the Utes, the 10 lap race was supposed to fit into a 15 minute window.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 02:24 (Ref:3168251)   #28
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I imagine that today's snafu in the utes caused the start of the V8Supercar race to be delayed
Nah, the V8's started spot on time.

The extrication of the ute driver and clean up took about as much time as the race would've taken to run. That Ute race was then rescheduled to be run and won after the V8 race and presentations were completed.

The rule is the race is time certain if it hasn't been completed by 17:15 plus one lap, that is if they cant do their full quota of laps then they do one more lap after the leader crosses the line after 17:15.

All races, even the Bathurst 1000, whether they be the Main Game, Dunlop Series or supports are time certain to an extent.

After all if Bathurst runs really really late they'll pull the pin by sunset
Old 19 Nov 2012, 02:59 (Ref:3168256)   #29
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
I don't see it being a drama.

a) In V8s it very rarely happens and, when it does, it only cuts it down by a lap or two at the most*. Not a huge loss and really has naff-all impact in the scheme of things.
b) The TV channel is paying the money, they get some say in it. It's still better than in rugby league where Channel 9 and Fox dictate the scheduling of matches for their own interests, regardless of fan preferences. Only AFL has stood up in any way shape or form in this regard.

*Yes - I know there will be an example of a major impact - the exception does not disprove the general rule.
Frosty wouldn't have finished! I know it isn't major but it would have really blown their wish to have it go to Homebush out the window before Sunday even started.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 03:18 (Ref:3168265)   #30
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Frosty wouldn't have finished! I know it isn't major but it would have really blown their wish to have it go to Homebush out the window before Sunday even started.
One could argue FPR did the maths and knew the race would finish early. Or maybe he pushed harder and used more fuel

Thats a reason for not changing the rules on the run
Old 19 Nov 2012, 03:52 (Ref:3168278)   #31
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
One could argue FPR did the maths and knew the race would finish early. Or maybe he pushed harder and used more fuel

Option B and pretty sure i heard Edwards say as much whilst being interviewed pre race on Sunday.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 08:09 (Ref:3168326)   #32
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
My biggest hate is running in a race series where the rules change mid season,

But end of season maybe it could be looked at.??
Old 19 Nov 2012, 22:04 (Ref:3168773)   #33
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Will you please stop talking common sense
Old 20 Nov 2012, 02:12 (Ref:3168873)   #34
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Agreed - but you're mixing sporting impact v fan viewing impact. I was addressing the latter, which has been most of the thread comments have been about.