Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

View Poll Results: which F3 next year @ monaco historic GP?
1000cc 10 33.33%
1600cc 6 20.00%
2000cc up to 1976 4 13.33%
2000cc up to 1983 10 33.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 Mar 2009, 11:13 (Ref:2410271)   #1
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
F3, Monaco 2009, Poll!

What's the Monaco poll doing here??

Marcus

(Poll now moved here, Osella thread left in History - JT)

Last edited by John Turner; 6 Mar 2009 at 11:54.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 16:18 (Ref:2409670)   #2
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Monaco Historic GP 2010 - F3 Poll

This poll seems to have been hijacked by the thread on the Osella F3! It would be interesting to see how people vote on this matter as it is very much on the agenda here in Monaco. Let's try to get a few more votes to make the poll more representative!
Marcus
Old 5 Mar 2009, 16:50 (Ref:2410275)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Whats the news from Monaco Marcus? are there going to two races for different class F3?.Bet you can guess what i voted for,
Old 5 Mar 2009, 16:51 (Ref:2410276)   #4
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suggest a race in 4 classes?
Old 5 Mar 2009, 20:35 (Ref:2409846)   #5
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No voting buttons, but I'd say the race should be for cars from 71-80 excluding Ralt RT3's. basically similar to the rules for the British Classic F3 series. Furthermore preference should be given to cars and drivers that are regulars in either the British. French or German classic F3 series.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 21:30 (Ref:2409894)   #6
Finn
Racer

Finn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
one litre F3 screamers gets my vote. Un silenced if possible!
Old 5 Mar 2009, 21:54 (Ref:2409920)   #7
ralt-racer
Racer

ralt-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Marcus

My opinion Up to 80's f3 cars (but only with period Marlboro Livery )

cue Trotty.....

Benn
Old 5 Mar 2009, 22:14 (Ref:2409943)   #8
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cars up to 1978 and no drivers with first names begining with the letter 'B'!
Cars with 'Monaco history' as mine has and I plan to race later this year so watch out Ben.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 11:19 (Ref:2410236)   #9
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok, I was hoping someone would have offered a hint in the posts before I displayed my ignorance, but where exactly is this poll? Do you want me to set one up, and if so, what wording/choices do you wish to use?
Old 6 Mar 2009, 11:24 (Ref:2410242)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
There is going to be a Historic F3 race at Monaco 2010. We are all waiting John to see what F3 cars are going to be invited.Looks like Marcus is trying to get an idea as to who wants to race there and what class F3.Somehow the poll has started over in the Historic site.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 11:38 (Ref:2410260)   #11
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Ok, I was hoping someone would have offered a hint in the posts before I displayed my ignorance, but where exactly is this poll? Do you want me to set one up, and if so, what wording/choices do you wish to use?
Its under Osella F3 in the history section!
Also people like Delta are replying to this thread on the other thread. What is the world coming to? Is it global warming (but we have had 7 metres of snow so far this winter in the South of France)? Is it the credit crunch? Where are the web police?

The ACM is waiting for Jean Sage to recover from an operation to hold their Meeting to decide about F3 next year. As JS cannot speak I would have thought it was now the ideal moment to hold the meeting, but obviously they think not.

I have been asked if I think it wise to run all the F3 categories together, but I thought one cannot mix 1000 cc and 2000 cc, the performance difference particularly cornering speeds is too different. What do others think?

One must remember that the first time they had a race for FJ they mixed every class - subsequently they split the races into front and rear engine.

The problem in Monaco is space - however there is a plan to eliminate something that I think is a complete waste of time, which might provide space for two F3 races. But let's wait and see.

Marcus
Old 6 Mar 2009, 11:40 (Ref:2410263)   #12
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Right, thanks, I'll take a look and see whether I can sort this all out ..... or not!
Old 6 Mar 2009, 11:55 (Ref:2410289)   #13
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Ok, poll moved over, so you have your buttons!
Old 6 Mar 2009, 12:55 (Ref:2410338)   #14
ralt-racer
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Mussa View Post
Its under Osella F3 in the history section!
Also people like Delta are replying to this thread on the other thread. What is the world coming to? Is it global warming (but we have had 7 metres of snow so far this winter in the South of France)? Is it the credit crunch? Where are the web police?

The ACM is waiting for Jean Sage to recover from an operation to hold their Meeting to decide about F3 next year. As JS cannot speak I would have thought it was now the ideal moment to hold the meeting, but obviously they think not.

I have been asked if I think it wise to run all the F3 categories together, but I thought one cannot mix 1000 cc and 2000 cc, the performance difference particularly cornering speeds is too different. What do others think?

One must remember that the first time they had a race for FJ they mixed every class - subsequently they split the races into front and rear engine.

The problem in Monaco is space - however there is a plan to eliminate something that I think is a complete waste of time, which might provide space for two F3 races. But let's wait and see.

Marcus

I agree Marcus running both the 1000 screamers with 2000 F3 is not a good idea corner speeds, driving lines and brakes are too different especially at Monaco.

Trotty looking foward to you coming out especially with Bill should be great fun
Old 6 Mar 2009, 13:53 (Ref:2410385)   #15
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralt-racer View Post
Hi Marcus

My opinion Up to 80's f3 cars (but only with period Marlboro Livery )

cue Trotty.....

Benn
It's ok Trotty as Ben will never make it through France with his Marlboro livery! Unless he has a covered trailer that is.
The French fined a guy once for having an old Gitanes windscreen sticker!

Thanks JR for sorting this out; what would we do without you?!

Marcus
Old 6 Mar 2009, 15:25 (Ref:2410450)   #16
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Quote:

Marcus
Sorry I meant to say JT not JR!
Old 6 Mar 2009, 16:21 (Ref:2410472)   #17
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Steady Marcus JT also sorted me out this week getting rid of my PM's.Friday night John. "Plannet Rock night"
Old 6 Mar 2009, 19:09 (Ref:2410546)   #18
RICHARD.T
Racer

Racing this year will be great fun as long as I win (not that I am competitave)! I have got to come up with a plan to slow you and Bill down.
On to Monaco: I think Marcus already knows what would work such as seperating the classes and having a cut off date of 1980, although I would prefer 1978 to get rid of Ben and Bill. The problem will be us Uk racers geting a reasonable number of entries and how it gets decided as to who should go as I am sure it will be oversubscribed in the UK. Again I think Marcus is right in that the entries should go to the regular competitors. (except last year as I had an excuse why I did not race) I think the organising club will prefer cars with Monaco history and are in the original livery. But should a preference be given to the more competitave drivers as we would like the UK racers to be at the front? It is a race and not a presetion. (it sounds like I am blowing my own trumpit) What do you think? And in the end, who will decide on who gets an entry out of the UK racers?
Old 6 Mar 2009, 19:12 (Ref:2410549)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Ive never asked you this Richard "did you not get a chance to race at Monaco when you raced against Senna and Brundle?"
Old 6 Mar 2009, 20:54 (Ref:2410601)   #20
RICHARD.T
Racer

I never did Monaco so that is why I would like to go. I was a poor professional racing driver (professional because I did not do anything else).
In my day Monaco was expensive and wining the British Championship was more important than a one off race. Also, Michelin tyres had the monopily on decent tyres for Monaco and so the French were the ones to get them so there was not a lot of point in the Brits going.
Thinking more about it, and a couple of glases of wine! Say there are 24 places and if the French are the ones to decide on divinind them up equally between the Brits, French and Germans we would end up with 6 places at best (24 divided by 3 = 8 but theFrench are doing the sums) I would have thought there would be at least twice if not three times that number in the UK that would show an interest in going.
Perhaps it would be fair to say that the top six in this years championship should have first go as they would be the ones that would have done the most races combined with the best driving ability. At least it would be a system that is seen to work rather than who is in favour with whoever is making the decisions, as there is going to be a lot of unhappy people whichever way it is done.
Who is making the decision and can I buy them a drink!
Old 7 Mar 2009, 07:24 (Ref:2410827)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
If the race goes ahead next year i wonder what the regs will be on the subject of tyres
Old 7 Mar 2009, 11:04 (Ref:2410909)   #22
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
If they accept to have a race for 2000 cc cars the rules will be either to UK or to French regulations, but these are identical except for the cut-off dates, and tyres are the same in both series (Avon). The ACM will never accept to restrict the entries only to drivers who compete regularly in the French or UK (or any other) series - I have already asked this question. They say they are not part of any championship, so they cannot make any restrictions. They will select entries on the basis of the cars, avoiding too many of the same model. With the entry form they do ask for the driver's results for the previous two years, but they still let in some highly inexperienced drivers.
Normally they accept 34 or so entries per race.
Old 7 Mar 2009, 12:48 (Ref:2410967)   #23
RICHARD.T
Racer

Thank's for the information Marcus.
You mentioned 'entry forms'. I have seen a number of forms but how would we go about getting the official entry form and what will the procedure for entering?
Old 7 Mar 2009, 12:54 (Ref:2410973)   #24
ralt-racer
Racer

Quote:
It's ok Trotty as Ben will never make it through France with his Marlboro livery! Unless he has a covered trailer that is.
The French fined a guy once for having an old Gitanes windscreen sticker!

Marcus

Its all covered up thanks
Old 7 Mar 2009, 13:45 (Ref:2410996)   #25
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Are the French guys using the same compound tyre as us then Marcus.