Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 17 Jan 2010, 08:27 (Ref:2614529)   #51
Deemun
Racer

Deemun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFfan View Post
End of season just got even busier with Snetterton now being moved to August bank holiday weekend. That means final four events take place over five weekends and a very tight turn around between Snetterton (Bank Hol Monday) and DTM support event at Brands the following weekend. Revised calendar is now:
  • 03-05 April, Oulton Park , British F3
  • 08/09 May, Knockhill, British GT
  • 05/06 June, Zandvoort, Formula 3 Masters
  • 19/20 June, Castle Combe, Britcar
  • 17/18 Jul, Rockingham, British F3
  • 14/15 Aug, Silverstone GP, British F3
  • 29/30th August, Snetterton, British F3 (Sunday/Monday)
  • 4/5 Sep, Brands Hatch Indy, DTM
  • 18/19 Sep, Donington, BTCC
  • 25/26 Sep, Brands Hatch GP, British F3
There will be an "official" British Formula Ford Championship launch day at Oulton Park on 10th March. I also understand there is an "unofficial" test at Guadix in Spain planned for the end of this month
Old 17 Jan 2010, 21:50 (Ref:2614831)   #52
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wouldnt it cost $$$ to test in Spain - Why not test in the UK?
Old 17 Jan 2010, 23:38 (Ref:2614878)   #53
50-SIX
Racer

50-SIX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Wouldnt it cost $$$ to test in Spain - Why not test in the UK?
Because Dunlop don't have spiked tyres out yet for the FF

Seriously though, Its a bit more fuel in the truck, easy jet flights for drivers, cheaper testing fees, longer sessions and better weather and valuable dry testing on the new slick doesn't work out that much more expensive then a rain lashed, 4x30min for £380 at Oulton park.
Old 19 Jan 2010, 08:17 (Ref:2615549)   #54
alias99
Racer

alias99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many drivers are expected to go to this test? and how many are we expecting on the grid in 2010
Old 19 Jan 2010, 09:08 (Ref:2615568)   #55
JNWRF01
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
JNWRF01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
50-Six... I was looking at testing at Spa this summer for a bit of fun - it was EUR480 for 4 sessions inc a garage.... !!!

Agree your point on Spain - miles better to spend a week down there - zero point testing on tyres with zero temp in them unless ur a total novice who needs miles...
Old 22 Jan 2010, 17:35 (Ref:2617657)   #56
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNWRF01 View Post
50-Six... I was looking at testing at Spa this summer for a bit of fun - it was EUR480 for 4 sessions inc a garage.... !!!

Agree your point on Spain - miles better to spend a week down there - zero point testing on tyres with zero temp in them unless ur a total novice who needs miles...
I have heard Qz is quite good for winter testing
Old 30 Jan 2010, 23:23 (Ref:2622533)   #57
Deemun
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer77 View Post
I have heard Qz is quite good for winter testing
Any news or updates from anyone? According to MN Cammish is OZ bound on development work for Spectrum for a month or so which would seem to confirm that he has re-signed to KMR....Jamun have been testing the Grand Prix Shoot out top two (FF News website)....and may have agreed a deal with Australian Scott Pye..........any opinions on who the contenders will be? Cammish looks good but bear in mind only Mygales have won championship last 5 years...is Hill the favourite as a 2nd year driver with the champions as Cole was last year?...what about Benson at GV and the return of Cliff Dempsey with Scott Malvern? Will the Ray be good enough???
Old 1 Feb 2010, 09:58 (Ref:2623537)   #58
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new Ray is good enough. Expecting at least a few wins hopefully Scott win be a championship contender.

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 6 Feb 2010, 17:59 (Ref:2627960)   #59
08u05
Racer

08u05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time to put together a provisional entry list?

(Parentheses are rumoured)

Jamun: Josh Hill, Jeroen Slaghekke, (Tio Ellinas, Daniel Domit, Scott Pye)
Fluid: Jesse Antilla, (Denis Lind, Kieran Vernon) ?
KMR: Dan Cammish, (Scott Pye), ?
GV: Josh Benson (Nils Verstergaard)
CDR: Scott Malvern, (Cormac O'Neill)
Raysport: Tristan Mingay, Zaamin Jaffer
JTR: ?, ?, ?
Getem: ?, ?, (Down - GETEM)
Century JUNO: (Bradshaw), ?
Enigma: (Buri), ?
Minister: De Zille
Spirit: David Ellesley, Richard Huddart
DWR: ?, ?
LWR: Luke Williams
Harkesport: Mark Harper, ?
Myerscough: ?, ?

Will Julian Hoskins or another team race with the Aquila chassis this year? Will the new Woodard Racing team appear this year? Other drivers being mentioned are Felix Fisher, Sam Oliveira, Jake Green, James Tucker, Marcus Allen, Jake Cook.
We COULD have grids of up to 30 again if all the seats above are filled. Grids of around 45 could be seen at the Masters of F3 event at Zandvoort and at the end of season festival.

As always feel free to add or change names!

Last edited by 08u05; 6 Feb 2010 at 18:06.
Old 6 Feb 2010, 22:53 (Ref:2628149)   #60
Deemun
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08u05 View Post
Time to put together a provisional entry list?

(Parentheses are rumoured)

Jamun: Josh Hill, Jeroen Slaghekke, (Tio Ellinas, Daniel Domit, Scott Pye)
Fluid: Jesse Antilla, (Denis Lind, Kieran Vernon) ?
KMR: Dan Cammish, (Scott Pye), ?
GV: Josh Benson (Nils Verstergaard)
CDR: Scott Malvern, (Cormac O'Neill)
Raysport: Tristan Mingay, Zaamin Jaffer
JTR: ?, ?, ?
Getem: ?, ?, (Down - GETEM)
Century JUNO: (Bradshaw), ?
Enigma: (Buri), ?
Minister: De Zille
Spirit: David Ellesley, Richard Huddart
DWR: ?, ?
LWR: Luke Williams
Harkesport: Mark Harper, ?
Myerscough: ?, ?

Will Julian Hoskins or another team race with the Aquila chassis this year? Will the new Woodard Racing team appear this year? Other drivers being mentioned are Felix Fisher, Sam Oliveira, Jake Green, James Tucker, Marcus Allen, Jake Cook.
We COULD have grids of up to 30 again if all the seats above are filled. Grids of around 45 could be seen at the Masters of F3 event at Zandvoort and at the end of season festival.

As always feel free to add or change names!
I think a couple of the drivers in brackets are more or less signed up. Yes hopefully it will be another strong year for the championship. Who are the contenders though? It's hard to bet against Jamun whoever they have in the seat although I'm not sure at the moment which of their drivers will be no1. Kevin Turner, in last weeks Autosport, rates Dan Cammish as the main challenge to the red cars and the fact that he is down in Australia for a month or so doing development work with Spectrum shows how serious they are about winning. Opinions anyone?
Old 7 Feb 2010, 21:33 (Ref:2628832)   #61
brakedisc
Racer

brakedisc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am going to stick my neck out and suggest that Jamun will win the championship again. I will go further and suggest that Josh Hill will have got his act together and will win the Championship.

There is no doubt that KMR and the Spectrum deserve a championship for all their hard work but I just cannot see it happening this year unless they have a large stock of Dunlops in OZ.

As for the rest ?
Old 7 Feb 2010, 21:56 (Ref:2628844)   #62
Redracer77
Veteran

Why do KMR need a large stock of Dunlops in Oz? They are going through a very well put together development program with the Dunlops to get the car set up well before returning to the UK. From the initial tests I think the Dunlop will suit the Spectrum quite well. Jamun always had an advantage in making a tyre last all weekend but the Dunlop seems to be very even throughout a long run....this will help other chassis than than the Avon did......we will also see in April
Old 7 Feb 2010, 22:15 (Ref:2628858)   #63
Deemun
Racer

Quote:
Why do KMR need a large stock of Dunlops in Oz? They are going through a very well put together development program with the Dunlops to get the car set up well before returning to the UK. From the initial tests I think the Dunlop will suit the Spectrum quite well. Jamun always had an advantage in making a tyre last all weekend but the Dunlop seems to be very even throughout a long run....this will help other chassis than than the Avon did......we will also see in April
I agree with Redracer77 the new tyres do create a leveller playing field and Cammish as a 2nd year pilot must be a contender given what he did last year. Interesting that he elected to remain with KMR rather than move to Jamun which possibly endorses Redracer77's point of view. Also don't believe that CDR are back just to make up the numbers. Jamun were also very interested in Malvern and he naturally had a good relationship with them given that they employed him in 08 but Cliff is a wiley old fox who's been around the block a few times and knows how to get results. I hope it's a close year which will be great for the championship.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 12:40 (Ref:2629250)   #64
Peter Cammish
Rookie

Peter Cammish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brakedisc View Post
I am going to stick my neck out and suggest that Jamun will win the championship again. I will go further and suggest that Josh Hill will have got his act together and will win the Championship.

There is no doubt that KMR and the Spectrum deserve a championship for all their hard work but I just cannot see it happening this year unless they have a large stock of Dunlops in OZ.

As for the rest ?
Dan has enough Dunlops for the tests planned and uses the Australian Spec tyre for circuit learning. He did 65 laps on the Dunlops at Winton and did his best laps at the end however this is not a pointer in any way to the tyre as it may have been he just hooked a good lap at the end, also he has not been in the car since Rockingham in November 2009. Dan does two days at Wakefield Park (Tuesday/Wednesday) this week then back to Winton for Day 3 of 4 tests this week (last one at Philip Island), as he has the friday knowledge of Winton then we should have a clearer picture by the end of that test.

The Spectrum 011C was always very fast on new tyres, Dan should have taken pole at Oulton in round one and he did take Pole in round 2 and all the data the team have suggests he would have done same at Knockhill however his team mate had a moment in the top chicane just as Dan got there and he had to come out of the Throttle which destroyed the lap. Dan Erickson had two very good poles as well so in many ways the car should have taken 5 poles which gives an indication of the one lap pace it had. The big problem was the tyre degradation which was much more pronounced on the car than say a Mygale or Van Deimen and really compromised the team, the focus for 2010 is on keeping the tyres good but ideal would not be to lose the 1 lap pace. Dan always felt that if the 2nd and 3rd race understeer could be dialed out that the car was every bit a match for a Mygale and with significant development coming onto the car for the 2010 season we felt that continuity of Team, Chassis and Engine builder would be beneficial also Dan has solid support from Borland the car builder who is very motivated for the new season so despite some very good offers from all the leading teams we felt that on balance the package we now have gives Dan the best chance of a good 2010 season, we wont know until mid season if we have made a wise choice!!. As every one knows the financial climate is very bad so I do hope that the teams can get some deals done and we see full grids because it could be a really good season with no clear favourites as I can see.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 12:46 (Ref:2629252)   #65
Peter Cammish
Rookie

Quote:

As for the rest ?
Dan has enough Dunlops for the tests planned and uses the Australian Spec tyre for circuit learning. He did 65 laps on the Dunlops at Winton and did his best laps at the end however this is not a pointer in any way to the tyre as it may have been he just hooked a good lap at the end, also he has not been in the car since Rockingham in November 2009. Dan does two days at Wakefield Park (Tuesday/Wednesday) this week then back to Winton for Day 3 of 4 tests this week (last one at Philip Island), as he has the friday knowledge of Winton then we should have a clearer picture by the end of that test.

The Spectrum 011C was always very fast on new tyres, Dan should have taken pole at Oulton in round one and he did take Pole in round 2 and all the data the team have suggests he would have done same at Knockhill however his team mate had a moment in the top chicane just as Dan got there and he had to come out of the Throttle which destroyed the lap. Dan Erickson had two very good poles as well so in many ways the car should have taken 5 poles which gives an indication of the one lap pace it had. The big problem was the tyre degradation which was much more pronounced on the car than say a Mygale or Van Deimen and really compromised the team, the focus for 2010 is on keeping the tyres good but ideal would not be to lose the 1 lap pace. Dan always felt that if the 2nd and 3rd race understeer could be dialed out that the car was every bit a match for a Mygale and with significant development coming onto the car for the 2010 season we felt that continuity of Team, Chassis and Engine builder would be beneficial also Dan has solid support from Borland the car builder who is very motivated for the new season so despite some very good offers from all the leading teams we felt that on balance the package we now have gives Dan the best chance of a good 2010 season, we wont know until mid season if we have made a wise choice!!. As every one knows the financial climate is very bad so I do hope that the teams can get some deals done and we see full grids because it could be a really good season with no clear favourites as I can see.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 08:43 (Ref:2629727)   #66
brakedisc
Racer

brakedisc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter, glad you understood what I was meaning regarding tyres. That said I would expect that testing in the OZ summer will not find you much time at a cold Oulton. Too many IFs and BUTs last year, the driver and team need to deliver but lack of car numbers for data is going to be a problem. Good luck for the season ahead.

"Jamun always had an advantage in making a tyre last all weekend" Why would this be? Could it be down to the fact that the team have done their homework better than anyone else.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 10:51 (Ref:2629791)   #67
Peter Cammish
Rookie

Quote:
Peter, glad you understood what I was meaning regarding tyres. That said I would expect that testing in the OZ summer will not find you much time at a cold Oulton. Too many IFs and BUTs last year, the driver and team need to deliver but lack of car numbers for data is going to be a problem. Good luck for the season ahead.

"Jamun always had an advantage in making a tyre last all weekend" Why would this be? Could it be down to the fact that the team have done their homework better than anyone else.
I think the tyre situation on Jamun is clear they were in 2009 the best team at making the tyre last for the whole meeting and my understanding is that they have long been considered pre-eminent in this area , to get that advantage they clearly have better data and a better understanding which is why it is better for Dan to do 160 laps a day on Slicks in Australia and not have the in out weather that normally occurs in UK in pre-season testing so that hopefully we can close down some of that gap, you are suggesting that tyre wear and performance may differ in the heat of Australia to the cool of Oulton and I am not qualified to answer the question but you have to start somewhere and the first 3 rounds will probably give us some answers.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 12:57 (Ref:2629845)   #68
50-SIX
Racer

I am convinced the majority of Jamun's pace comes from the efficiency of the car, through whatever methods, in a straightline (and I am not saying they are bent, I am saying that they maybe doing a better job in that area through whatever means). It can shift focus when you see the Jamun driver not looking like he is trying why other teams are sideways by the 3rd race. But if you have that slight advantage in a straight line you don't get (or Jamun teach their drivers to avoid) over-driving. They keep it smooth and look after the tyres.

It will be tough to beat them again this year as they have a good driver in Pye, and also Hill, and they will have alot of Spanish mileage under their belts before Oulton. However, Cammish is now getting some quality pre-season seat time, and he has every chance with KMR of over hauling the Jamuns. I for one hope KMR succeeds.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 22:54 (Ref:2630269)   #69
Redracer77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50-SIX View Post
I am convinced the majority of Jamun's pace comes from the efficiency of the car, through whatever methods, in a straightline (and I am not saying they are bent, I am saying that they maybe doing a better job in that area through whatever means). It can shift focus when you see the Jamun driver not looking like he is trying why other teams are sideways by the 3rd race. But if you have that slight advantage in a straight line you don't get (or Jamun teach their drivers to avoid) over-driving. They keep it smooth and look after the tyres.

It will be tough to beat them again this year as they have a good driver in Pye, and also Hill, and they will have alot of Spanish mileage under their belts before Oulton. However, Cammish is now getting some quality pre-season seat time, and he has every chance with KMR of over hauling the Jamuns. I for one hope KMR succeeds.
Having spoken to Dan today. He seems pleased with the new rubber. It maybe doesnt have the ultimate 1/2 lap pace the Avon had, it does seems to last a massive amount of time. But big teams like Jamun will always still have an advantage due to the amount of data they will generate at each test. Jamun possibly have 5 drivers this season if they sign the Grand Prix Shootout drivers.

But Spectrum is looking a strong package at the moment but Jamun must still be favourites.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 13:20 (Ref:2633785)   #70
Deemun
Racer

Quote:
Having spoken to Dan today. He seems pleased with the new rubber. It maybe doesnt have the ultimate 1/2 lap pace the Avon had, it does seems to last a massive amount of time. But big teams like Jamun will always still have an advantage due to the amount of data they will generate at each test. Jamun possibly have 5 drivers this season if they sign the Grand Prix Shootout drivers.

But Spectrum is looking a strong package at the moment but Jamun must still be favourites.
Updates anyone? Obviously Jamun have another driver signed in young Dutchman Jeroen Slaghekke and there is still a question mark over the two successful candidates from the Grand Prix Shootout competition. Obviously this is a change from the originally announced prize for one driver to have a fully funded season in FBMW Europe and I'm wondering to what extent these two "winners" are being financially assisted by the scheme?

Any news on Scott Pye? Hope we will be seeing him in the championship. I hear from another source that Patrick McKenna looks likely to be US bound in the re-surgent 2 litre formula there.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2633898)   #71
50-SIX
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemun View Post
Any news on Scott Pye?
I thought it was a done deal with Jamun, but maybe I'm wrong.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 01:45 (Ref:2639459)   #72
Morris Dancer
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Morris Dancer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's what I've heard too, not that you'd know from Jamum's website which is nearly two years out of date.

Apparently Pye is paying Jamum the full fee (ie. no discount) of around Stg135,000 so it'll be interesting to see who his sponsors are given that the Australian Motor Sport Foundation usually gives its International Rising Stars around Stg33,000 ($AUS50,000) and sometimes a lot less than that.

There'll be no excuses if Pye doesn't finish the British Championship in the top three at least.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 11:29 (Ref:2639628)   #73
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Dancer View Post
That's what I've heard too, not that you'd know from Jamum's website which is nearly two years out of date.

Apparently Pye is paying Jamum the full fee (ie. no discount) of around Stg135,000 so it'll be interesting to see who his sponsors are given that the Australian Motor Sport Foundation usually gives its International Rising Stars around Stg33,000 ($AUS50,000) and sometimes a lot less than that.

There'll be no excuses if Pye doesn't finish the British Championship in the top three at least.
I was at the BRSCC awards the other night and feeling was that Scott Pye was pretty much confirmed at Jamun. In fact it was said that Jamun now had a full compliment for 2010 and that neither of the Grand Prix Shoot Out winners who had tested had signed.

One thing that was very interesting was that Chrissy Palmer could return to the series this year and depending on where he drives and whether or not he puts a full campaign together you'd have to say he is a major contender especially if he does return to Jamun for a full season.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 13:20 (Ref:2639707)   #74
Morris Dancer
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Morris Dancer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I was at the BRSCC awards the other night and feeling was that Scott Pye was pretty much confirmed at Jamun. In fact it was said that Jamun now had a full compliment for 2010 and that neither of the Grand Prix Shoot Out winners who had tested had signed.

One thing that was very interesting was that Chrissy Palmer could return to the series this year and depending on where he drives and whether or not he puts a full campaign together you'd have to say he is a major contender especially if he does return to Jamun for a full season.
So maybe there should be three classes: Outright, Scholarship and Jamum! Seriously, that team seems to have the ingredients for success (ie. top drivers, top car and plenty of testing) while the others lack one or more.

Being an Aussie I'd love to see KMR do well again with 'our' Spectrum, but the 'drop off' problem will have to solved because in 2009 their drivers could rarely match the fronrunners after the first race at almost every round of the championship.

It will be interesting to see how whether Daniel Cammish is more mature this year, too. He was quick at times but threw away what should have been a solid fifth place in the championship to his team-mate (Daniel Erickson) at the end.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 14:33 (Ref:2639746)   #75
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

OK forget the Chrissy Palmer update. According to todays MN he's likeley to be Formula Renault bound with Fortec