Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 6 Feb 2013, 17:58 (Ref:3200267)   #51
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemun View Post
Oh yes....plenty of rumours but if I told you I'd have to kill you

Not sure about the quality of the overseas drivers but Dan Cammish must be considered a favourite for JTR to retain their British title this season............and yes I too would love to see the Ray marque return. Remember they came very close to winning this championship in 2010 with Scott Malvern & CDR.

Actually I did see Scott & Gavin Ray chatting together on the Ford stand at The Autosport Show last month.....not trying to start any rumours or anything

It is looking like a cracker and can't wait for more news!
Old 14 Feb 2013, 23:30 (Ref:3204945)   #52
Deemun
Racer

Deemun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
It is looking like a cracker and can't wait for more news!
There will be more news quite soon............
Old 15 Feb 2013, 16:50 (Ref:3205390)   #53
Alex87
Rookie

Argentina
Buenos Aires
Alex87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There will be more news quite soon............
Look forward to see the argentinean on the grid!
Old 15 Feb 2013, 17:48 (Ref:3205428)   #54
Deemun
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex87 View Post
Look forward to see the argentinean on the grid!
There could be more than one. There was another one testing today at Brands Hatch.
Old 16 Feb 2013, 17:43 (Ref:3205925)   #55
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a question. Are the Ecoboost 200 rules exclusive to UK FFord or are other international series adopting this package.

And how will it work festival wise?
Old 16 Feb 2013, 18:41 (Ref:3205935)   #56
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Just a question. Are the Ecoboost 200 rules exclusive to UK FFord or are other international series adopting this package.

And how will it work festival wise?
Ford are naturally hopeful that it will flourish in other territories but currently the UK is the only place where these regulations will be raced.

Obviously Ford would like to make the ECOboost the blue headline class at the Festival so as the winner is crowned The Formula Ford Festival Champion but they will need sufficient numbers to enter to make it credible. I guess a decision will be deferred until later in the season depending on how the championship goes.
Old 7 Mar 2013, 19:18 (Ref:3215677)   #57
BtccLee
Veteran

News burst today.

First of all, opening track test for the Sinter in James Abotts hands: http://www.britishformulaford.co.uk/...at-rockingham/

Must say, I think it has a better "Nose Job" than on the Mygale and the livery looks good.

And then with more Sinter related news, Fred Martin Dye has become a "Works" driver for Fluid Motorsport: http://www.britishformulaford.co.uk/...ula-ford-2013/

Overall the gird looks good. Any clue on numbers though and I know I keep on but will anyone run a Ray???
Old 12 Mar 2013, 20:44 (Ref:3217572)   #58
Deemun
Racer

Check out Motorsport News tomorrow
Old 13 Mar 2013, 08:25 (Ref:3217707)   #59
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Deemun, are you on commission?

I just went out and bought one thus doubling the MSN circulation in Essex.

If I say nothing others might do the same so we can split the cheque?
Old 13 Mar 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3217710)   #60
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[QUOTE=BtccLee;3215677]News burst today.

First of all, opening track test for the Sinter in James Abotts hands: http://www.britishformulaford.co.uk/...at-rockingham/

Must say, I think it has a better "Nose Job" than on the Mygale and the livery looks good.

And then with more Sinter related news, Fred Martin Dye has become a "Works" driver for Fluid Motorsport: http://www.britishformulaford.co.uk/...ula-ford-2013/

QUOTE]

according to Lindsay he is not a works driver...
Old 13 Mar 2013, 12:22 (Ref:3217806)   #61
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I assume this is the same story?

Malvern Announces Formula Ford Return

Great news
Old 15 Mar 2013, 20:34 (Ref:3219073)   #62
Deemun
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
I assume this is the same story?

Malvern Announces Formula Ford Return

Great news
Well it's great news that Scott is racing something but must be frustrating for him when he sees those that have achieved so much less than him moving onwards & upwards

There is also a report on the BRSCC website today

http://brscc.co.uk/

Some may consider it brave or foolish to put his reputation on the line in a championship that won so emphatically in 2011 but you also have to admire his will to keep racing no matter what.
Old 15 Mar 2013, 23:30 (Ref:3219116)   #63
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh I agree, it's perhaps more 'great' for the championship and us followers than for Scott himself. Undoubtedly he deserves to have RSF or suchlike step in and help fund a single seater programme at a higher level. It seems like he's resigned to his future hopes lying in the more affordable BTCC or GTs. But if he manages a third title on the trot, that would be an impressive way to show team bosses what they're missing.
Old 23 Mar 2013, 21:50 (Ref:3223362)   #64
BtccLee
Veteran

Any clue on actual grid numbers for Brands.

I have heard everything from 12 to 20...
Old 23 Mar 2013, 23:16 (Ref:3223381)   #65
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I have heard everything from 12 to 20...
The Formula Ford website lists 12 drivers as being currently registered for the championship. Nonetheless, a Malvern v. Cammish battle could be rather interesting.
Old 24 Mar 2013, 14:40 (Ref:3223705)   #66
Deemun
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
The Formula Ford website lists 12 drivers as being currently registered for the championship. Nonetheless, a Malvern v. Cammish battle could be rather interesting.
Yes the numbers are a little disappointing. One wonders where are the 15 drivers that were all signed up to the free places back in January? However I think there is a possibilty of one or two more names being announced this week and also more drivers joining for round two at Donington.

As for the Cammish V Malvern (JTR V Jamun) battle I would say that Scott is a little on the back foot this time. Dan has a few solid days testing under his belt and Scott is yet to sit in the new car and will likely be going straight in at the first event, pretty much as he had to do last year in Formula Renault. However Scott did overcome the highly experienced Josh Webster last season so he is definetely capable of producing the goods.

At least we have two manufacturers on the grid this season. It would be great if Ray could produce a car as well to get this back to being a multi manufacturer champioinship especially if Epsilon also go ahead with building a car as they have spoken about.

Either way, looking forward to Brands next week; if it stops snowing!
Old 24 Mar 2013, 17:15 (Ref:3223777)   #67
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can someone confirm if Fred Martin Dye is the Sinter works driver? Seems confusing on the website
Old 25 Mar 2013, 18:37 (Ref:3224578)   #68
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entries are now up to 13 as FF1600 racer, Neil Winn has signed for Falcon.
Old 27 Mar 2013, 11:37 (Ref:3225483)   #69
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Juan Rosso has broken his hand and Autosport journalist and club racer Ben Anderson will sub for him at Jamun:

https://twitter.com/BenAndersonAuto/...17347286466563
Old 27 Mar 2013, 11:43 (Ref:3225490)   #70
simon drabble
Veteran

lets hope he has insurance - would not wish a Mark Hales on him
Old 27 Mar 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3225493)   #71
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
12 cars is a poor grid. Where are the 30 car FFord grids gone to?
Old 27 Mar 2013, 16:09 (Ref:3225630)   #72
edenrace
Racer

edenrace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be realistic, 12 cars is quite a good grid in todays climate with other series with very similar options available to potential drivers, F4, F Renault
Old 27 Mar 2013, 18:22 (Ref:3225669)   #73
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
Quote:
Originally Posted by edenrace View Post
Be realistic, 12 cars is quite a good grid in todays climate with other series with very similar options available to potential drivers, F4, F Renault
I appreciate the above; however, the rhetoric behind the new regulations and the move to the TOCA package was that grids would improve beyond last year's levels. Of course, what we don't know is how many cars the championship would have attracted had it retained last year's regulations and remained on the F3/GT package (as this may have lead to further decline).
Old 27 Mar 2013, 18:35 (Ref:3225671)   #74
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by edenrace View Post
Perhaps my first comment was slightly abrupt. I just don't understand these series organisers. How many single seater feeder series do we need. You have (correctly) highlighted the very problem. Too many series, not enough drivers, not enough money to go around. Years ago, I used to think the Formula Vauxhall Junior was a bit of a waste of time on the BTCC bill, especially when the FFord did pretty much the same thing and gained massive grids, perhaps at the expense of FVJ.

I personally feel that if a series can't muster up a grid of at least 16 runners, then it seriously needs to have a re-think about its direction.
Old 27 Mar 2013, 20:09 (Ref:3225711)   #75
BtccLee
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Perhaps my first comment was slightly abrupt. I just don't understand these series organisers. How many single seater feeder series do we need. You have (correctly) highlighted the very problem. Too many series, not enough drivers, not enough money to go around. Years ago, I used to think the Formula Vauxhall Junior was a bit of a waste of time on the BTCC bill, especially when the FFord did pretty much the same thing and gained massive grids, perhaps at the expense of FVJ.

I personally feel that if a series can't muster up a grid of at least 16 runners, then it seriously needs to have a re-think about its direction.

Well, the website lists 15 (including JTR TBA). We have Beta Epsilon entering at the end of the year, as well as Ray, and a few more entries from Sinter cars. It is a solid start, that can only get better. And those in Formula 4 have to surely view Formula Ford as a step up. Also, and this is fact, if you can't afford FFord, then really you will really struggle to reach F1....

Also, these series should be able to survive, three is about it enough I would say. We can't forget Formula Ford was here long before BRDC F4...