Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Oct 2014, 14:44 (Ref:3466476)   #26
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Anything can happen" says Bruce Jones - just as I notice @dscracelive tweet that the Alpine has a SG!
Old 19 Oct 2014, 14:47 (Ref:3466478)   #27
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it's for 77.1.5.2, which is the too many people in the wrong place at the wrong time regulation - page 64.

http://www.europeanlemansseries.com/...V11_140514.pdf
Old 19 Oct 2014, 14:50 (Ref:3466479)   #28
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Watching race live on the new freeview motors tv
Just back from West Country and enjoying Motors coverage with glass of wine. Particularly like the camera positions - really shows Estoril off in a good light.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 14:53 (Ref:3466482)   #29
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
this ligier is more fragile than a box of eggs in elms, but didn't it survive le mans?
I think there must be a really interesting back story to what's going on with the Ligier - with all three of them getting to the finish strongly in June, it's really odd the number of problems that seem to have cropped up more recently. Beginner's luck at Le Mans and then more traditional new car gremlins latterly?

If I was in the shoes of an ambitious existing Onroak customer I think I might be tempted to stick with the Morgan for 2015.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 15:19 (Ref:3466489)   #30
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Just back from West Country and enjoying Motors coverage with glass of wine. Particularly like the camera positions - really shows Estoril off in a good light.
it's one of those places that doesn't really need a good light to make it look epic, i think. aside from the dual carriageway behind the main grandstand it's very scenic, and things that would look run-down anywhere else just look old school here. like the main grandstand, and the terraces on the other side of the circuit.

it looked pretty awesome in an apocalyptic kind of a way with the clouds low over the top of the hills too.

definitely one to put on The List
Old 19 Oct 2014, 15:22 (Ref:3466490)   #31
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I think there must be a really interesting back story to what's going on with the Ligier - with all three of them getting to the finish strongly in June, it's really odd the number of problems that seem to have cropped up more recently. Beginner's luck at Le Mans and then more traditional new car gremlins latterly?

If I was in the shoes of an ambitious existing Onroak customer I think I might be tempted to stick with the Morgan for 2015.
Maybe they turned down the wick for the Le mans to make sure they get to the end? I dont know really just a theory.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 15:33 (Ref:3466493)   #32
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
3 minute stop and go penalty for spinning the wheels leaving the pitstop... i think that was webb leaving after the last penalty.

a fag packet calculation says they'll lose the lead but keep third? maybe?
Old 19 Oct 2014, 15:37 (Ref:3466495)   #33
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
3 minute stop and go penalty for spinning the wheels leaving the pitstop... i think that was webb leaving after the last penalty.

a fag packet calculation says they'll lose the lead but keep third? maybe?
On what planet is that a proportionate penalty?
Old 19 Oct 2014, 15:39 (Ref:3466496)   #34
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Perhaps it took into account the fact that the team had prior pitstop-related penalties in the race?
Old 19 Oct 2014, 15:40 (Ref:3466497)   #35
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
the same one where improving a time on a yellow flag sector is worth a stop/go...

my fag packet calculations demonstrating there why i was crap at maths at school. down to 6th...
Old 19 Oct 2014, 15:42 (Ref:3466498)   #36
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Quote:
75 1.4.4 – It is strictly prohibited to spin the wheels when a car leaves its pit. Penalty: Stop and Go, 3 minutes.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 15:43 (Ref:3466499)   #37
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Drama in GTE #72 has to win to take the championship, #85 Aston leads by a lap but has to stop again and will have to use Goethe where as Bertolini is in the #72 to the end.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 15:48 (Ref:3466500)   #38
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaro Zukovsky View Post
75 1.4.4 – It is strictly prohibited to spin the wheels when a car leaves its pit. Penalty: Stop and Go, 3 minutes.
It's a rule, I'm not going to quibble about it, and the teams know it's a rule.

It feels, however, like a dumb rule. Two lap penalty for a bit of wheelspin? Really?
Old 19 Oct 2014, 15:52 (Ref:3466502)   #39
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

The best way to stop people doing something you don't want them to do, is to give them a massive penalty if they do it...
Old 19 Oct 2014, 15:55 (Ref:3466504)   #40
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
It's a rule, I'm not going to quibble about it, and the teams know it's a rule.

It feels, however, like a dumb rule. Two lap penalty for a bit of wheelspin? Really?
evidently webb regressed to single seaters and forgot about it :/ it does sound harsh, but there's far more naughty things out there...

i think i've got it worked out (my strict no commentary rule is biting me on the backside here ). as it stands, signatech alpine would still be champions?
Old 19 Oct 2014, 15:57 (Ref:3466505)   #41
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The gap in GTE was smalled than i thought it was, SMP now lead and will take the title.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 16:01 (Ref:3466507)   #42
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
evidently webb regressed to single seaters and forgot about it :/ it does sound harsh, but there's far more naughty things out there...

i think i've got it worked out (my strict no commentary rule is biting me on the backside here ). as it stands, signatech alpine would still be champions?
Strict no commentary rule?

Moving on - it has made this last section of the race considerably more intriguing, which I suspect is fitting given how generally top quality this season has been.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 16:08 (Ref:3466510)   #43
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i don't listen to commentary when i'm watching races with full live timing and cars going round in front of me. it's just a habit from never having english commentary to hand!

it's a nailbiter now, that's for sure. it's just a shame it took 2 gos on the naughty step to achieve it. the interesting thing is if you look back on the season you'd not necessarily think it had been dominated by anybody.

as far as i can see the only thing that could happen to change the championship lead bar meteor strikes and retirements is tincknell grabbing 2nd, but that'd be a big ask?
Old 19 Oct 2014, 16:09 (Ref:3466511)   #44
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
having just said that.... frey's stuck at turn 1! drama...
Old 19 Oct 2014, 16:14 (Ref:3466512)   #45
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
i don't listen to commentary when i'm watching races with full live timing and cars going round in front of me. it's just a habit from never having english commentary to hand!

it's a nailbiter now, that's for sure. it's just a shame it took 2 gos on the naughty step to achieve it. the interesting thing is if you look back on the season you'd not necessarily think it had been dominated by anybody.

as far as i can see the only thing that could happen to change the championship lead bar meteor strikes and retirements is tincknell grabbing 2nd, but that'd be a big ask?
Okay, I can see that, fair enough.

ELMS is genuinely a series where you look at any given round and while you can sometimes spot someone who's not going to win it, picking a winner in advance is more or less impossible. Mild resolution for 2015 is to go and see it live in more places than just Silverstone.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 16:21 (Ref:3466515)   #46
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
has tincknell suddenly put his foot down?
Old 19 Oct 2014, 16:26 (Ref:3466516)   #47
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
has tincknell suddenly put his foot down?
Looks that way, but don't quite think it's going to be enough.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 16:28 (Ref:3466517)   #48
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
in amongst all this championship stuff, this is going to be a fantastic result for sebastian loeb racing... they played a blinder at imola too, didn't they?
Old 19 Oct 2014, 16:32 (Ref:3466523)   #49
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Agree completely, SLR getting a win is fabulous news for the series. Been an utterly absorbing season. Roll on 2015.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 17:54 (Ref:3466540)   #50
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I must say I didn't get to watch much of today's race or much more of the entire season, but I've enjoyed my 2014 ELMS viewing. It'll definitely make it onto my calendar for 2015. Today was quite refreshing coming off Petit Le Mans attendance.