Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I Really Wanted for Xmas...

http://www.johnstarkeycars.com/pages/publish_nr.html

Old 26 Dec 2004, 20:46 (Ref:1188122)   #2
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Awww, Martin. Too bad...

I got French Kiss with Death and a couple of Porsche books by Peter Morgan... Oh and a photographic archive of the 1950 Cunningham campaign at Le Mans.

... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 26 Dec 2004, 20:52 (Ref:1188127)   #3
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
I'm sure I'll get over it with a lot of theraphy... That and the fact that both Lee & John live 'down the street' from me too...

Martin
Old 26 Dec 2004, 21:00 (Ref:1188129)   #4
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hey, any idea if John's considering doing post-GTP IMSA?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 26 Dec 2004, 21:10 (Ref:1188134)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
Looks great

Today I made a list with books which might be interesting to buy. This book is certainly an option. Also John Starkey's other books
"Lightning Speed" The Nissan GTP & Group C Racecars and From R to GT3R The Racing Porsches 911 & 930 (very expensive ) are looking interesting.
Old 26 Dec 2004, 21:12 (Ref:1188136)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
Awww, Martin. Too bad...

I got French Kiss with Death and a couple of Porsche books by Peter Morgan... Oh and a photographic archive of the 1950 Cunningham campaign at Le Mans.

Did you get Porsche in Motorsport: The First Fifty Years by Peter Morgan? It's a great book.
Old 26 Dec 2004, 21:57 (Ref:1188155)   #7
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
No, I got the 917 and 956/962 books.

FIRE, any word on "More than 24 Hours?"

-Bill James
Old 26 Dec 2004, 22:12 (Ref:1188160)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
No, I got the 917 and 956/962 books.
These books are also on my list.

Quote:
FIRE, any word on "More than 24 Hours?"
You mean the book on this page? I don't know this book. From the text on the website I understand it's a photo book about the race and the events around it. Every entry is described in 4 pages (2 of them with photo's). Jan Lammers did the foreword and Andy Wallace, Chris Dyson and Hans Hugenholtz are telling about their Le Mans experience. The book ends with the total result and a list of pitstops each team did. Personally I like more books with text and photo's (i.e. Brian Laban's Le Mans).

Last edited by FIRE; 26 Dec 2004 at 22:12.
Old 26 Dec 2004, 22:13 (Ref:1188161)   #9
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Also John Starkey's other books "Lightning Speed" The Nissan GTP & Group C Racecars and From R to GT3R The Racing Porsches 911 & 930 (very expensive) are looking interesting.
I can recommend both of them... very nice!!!

martin
Old 27 Dec 2004, 00:49 (Ref:1188209)   #10
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Wow Martin, you live in a fun neighborhood!

Forget the books, I want the ex-Akin 935!!!!

But, seeing that the 401K probably isn't going to go quite that far, maybe the books are better.
Old 27 Dec 2004, 03:10 (Ref:1188231)   #11
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
FIRE: Yes, the Anders / Bresser / Rijkhoek book. www.morethan24hours.com

Are they connected to RfH at all?

-Bill James
Old 27 Dec 2004, 07:35 (Ref:1188257)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Not quite the topic, but my gift to you for x-mas : some videos by Philippe Chemin, from 2000 to 2004 ; thanks to the link posted by Infocourse this morning...

Enjoy ! They're still the smells missing, though...
Old 27 Dec 2004, 11:14 (Ref:1188334)   #13
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
I got Blue and Orange by Michael Cotton, very pleased
Old 27 Dec 2004, 12:15 (Ref:1188375)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
FIRE: Yes, the Anders / Bresser / Rijkhoek book. www.morethan24hours.com

Are they connected to RfH at all?
They are Dutch photographers and probably RfH fans. Don't know about other links with RfH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
I got Blue and Orange by Michael Cotton, very pleased
Blue and Orange looks interesting. Does someone know the DVD Gulf/Wyer GT40s 917s in action?
Old 27 Dec 2004, 13:42 (Ref:1188417)   #15
500mm
Rookie

500mm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
They are Dutch photographers and probably RfH fans. Don't know about other links with RfH.

Blue and Orange looks interesting. Does someone know the DVD Gulf/Wyer GT40s 917s in action?
Rubens, Michel and Joost are long time big supporters and friends of Jan........

Blue & Orange is great.........buy a copy before they run out...........

I have the 917/GT40 video somewhere in the collection.........I remember it being worth getting if you are a fan of racing at that time.
Old 27 Dec 2004, 23:37 (Ref:1188624)   #16
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Quote:
Hey, any idea if John's considering doing post-GTP IMSA?
Lee & John have a second volume planned. Same format as this one, based around Lee's photographs and John's chassis history. Originally was to be one volume, but it grew so much they decided to split the Porsche cars off by themselves and do that one first. So, the rest of the IMSA cars (?) should be the planned second volume...

Martin