Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 24 Apr 2006, 21:22 (Ref:1594151)   #51
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scott was at Chicago motorspeedway yesterday, testing at the oval in Indy Pro

Hopefully, if he did ok, that might mean he'll get a race at Indy next month, and beyond?
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 25 Apr 2006, 17:02 (Ref:1594758)   #52
BOSSman
Veteran

BOSSman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports
Anyone got anys ideas where the Germans are? Becker's Minardi and the 2x IRL cars which ran last year? Eddie Mclurg might bring his Arrows out to play he usually supports the UK rounds of Boss.....
The Germans? Becker will sell his Minardi (to have more time "and money") for his little daughter. Think this is not the last word from Karl-Heinz, it is normal for him. Sell, not sell, sell, not sell...
Joachim Ryschka with the ex-Montoya G-Force Indycar has for the moment other "problems", but i dont know it exactly which. That is what i heard last week in Oschersleben.

In 2005 it only gave one Indycar (Ryschka). You mean the other IRL-Car from Eric Glorieux, 2004 one race, 2005 only the test day at Spa!

We have also very interesting new entrys for this weeks double-header at Brands Hatch! I published the names/cars if it was confirmed.
For the moment i can say, they comes from the "good old" EuroBOSS days!

Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing
Old 25 Apr 2006, 19:58 (Ref:1594857)   #53
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sarah Kavanagh and a Jordan?
Old 25 Apr 2006, 23:01 (Ref:1594992)   #54
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My guess would be Matther Mortlock Arrows FA13. However would a certain Mr Stoddart have some time on his hands.............
Old 25 Apr 2006, 23:29 (Ref:1595006)   #55
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And just wondering...there were 2 old Tyrrells testing in Spa right? A white and a black version, one for Frits van Eerd and one for ... (spare/other driver?)
Old 26 Apr 2006, 08:44 (Ref:1595232)   #56
BOSSman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
And just wondering...there were 2 old Tyrrells testing in Spa right? A white and a black version, one for Frits van Eerd and one for ... (spare/other driver?)
Spare and for other drivers (with enough money or talent).

To the new entrys for Brands this week:
Come and see!

But it is not Matthew Mortlock or Sarah Kavanagh and also no Jordan.
I think on Michael Schumacher and Jean Alesi...

When i have the Ok, i will posted here!

Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing
Old 26 Apr 2006, 09:36 (Ref:1595266)   #57
BOSSman
Veteran

It gives a new timetable for Brands Hatch!

EuroBOSS

Saturday 29/05/06

Free Testing: 10.10-10.30

Qualifying: 12.20-12.40

Race 1: 17.10 (20 Laps)

Sunday 30/05/06

Race 2: 16.00 (30 Laps)

Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing
Old 26 Apr 2006, 10:17 (Ref:1595300)   #58
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
Van Eerd has bought some (3?) cars from Stoddart.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 14:13 (Ref:1595466)   #59
BOSSman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Van Eerd has bought some (3?) cars from Stoddart.
I have heard from two cars, which Frits van Eerd has bought. These two Tyrells 025 had their first outing on April 1, at the EuroBOSS test day in Spa-Francorchamps.

For the races and tests is everything in the hand of the best Dutch Formula Ford race team of Gert Valkenburg (Geva Racing). This team has won 21 titles in the past (with very popular drivers like Jeroen Bleekemolen) and i think this is not the end.

I look forward to see this new team in EuroBOSS.

Christian
EuroBOSS Racing
Old 26 Apr 2006, 14:53 (Ref:1595501)   #60
BOSSman
Veteran

The season opener comes near and i have more fantastic news.

I can publish, that you can see all EuroBOSS races 2006 completely and in full length (with interviews, podium...) on Raceworld TV. Free on air via television or over internet on www.raceworld.tv! Please look at the website for the frequencies and times.

For all which were not at the EuroBOSS test day in Spa.

Here you can find a 10min coverage from Raceworld TV:

http://www.raceworld.tv/content/chan...oser.asp?cid=9

Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing
Old 26 Apr 2006, 23:18 (Ref:1595821)   #61
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Late entries

The two "late entries" Mr Euroboss posted about are as follows;
Nigel Greensall-Benetton B194-Kockney Koi racing
Paul Osbourne-Ferrari F310-Fred Goddard racing.
See you at Brands.....................
Old 27 Apr 2006, 08:05 (Ref:1596007)   #62
BOSSman
Veteran

Quote:
Edit...

Last edited by BOSSman; 27 Apr 2006 at 08:08.
Old 27 Apr 2006, 08:06 (Ref:1596009)   #63
BOSSman
Veteran

Quote:
What for a surprise for me! Thanks to Mr Thundersports!
Hope we see this two cars really in Brands...

Come and enjoy!

Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing
Old 27 Apr 2006, 08:11 (Ref:1596013)   #64
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Nigel Greensall is out in a Benetton he has got to be a strong contender for the win. I have had some private tuition from the chap and he is unbelievably quick.
Old 27 Apr 2006, 08:40 (Ref:1596031)   #65
BOSSman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstart
If Nigel Greensall is out in a Benetton he has got to be a strong contender for the win. I have had some private tuition from the chap and he is unbelievably quick.
That is correct!
Nigel is always quick and has won some races in the past (with a Tyrrell). This car won many EuroBOSS races, is in superb condition and very fast! A good pair for a win this year!
Fingers crossed for Nigel and welcome back in EuroBOSS!
Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing
Old 27 Apr 2006, 13:28 (Ref:1596239)   #66
BOSSman
Veteran

EuroBOSS - Brands Hatch

Entry-Update:
What i knew since two days is no officially!
Paul Osborn comes with one of the loudest F1 cars ever, the 1993 ex-Alesi V12 3,5l ...and not with the F310 from 1997!

Here are our newest Press release for Brands Hatch:

NOISY AND NOSTALGIC ACTION AS EUROBOSS ARRIVES AT BRANDS!

Brands Hatch is the place to be this weekend for all Motorsport fans, as some of the most famous cars from F1 history line-up to compete in the first race of the 2006 EuroBOSS season. Fast, furious racing on slick tyres with overtaking guaranteed – that’s EuroBOSS – as the gathered crowds get close to the action to witness these awesome machines blast off around the circuit at speeds of up to 300kph. The sight of a field of 16 cars from the world of F1 and F3000 is enough to stir the passion of any enthusiast as Europe’s fastest motor racing series heads an action packed two days of racing at the EuroBOSS SuperPrix.

Among the cars competing is the 1993 Ferrari V12 of veteran EuroBOSS racer, Paul Osborn. The car, newly aquired by Osborn's Car International and only just shipped to the UK from California, will be prepared by Fred Goddard Racing. The ferrari will be competing against the former Benettons of Jean Alesi and Gerhard Berger, Arrows and Footwork cars previously driven by Michele Alboreto and Derek Warwick and the Simtek of Mimmo Schiatarella. It promises to be an action packed weekend of high class racing, oozing with nostalgia.

The 2006 EuroBOSS season is a high octane series which visits some of the most prestigious circuits throughout Europe, including Lausitzring, Zandvoort and for the first time this year, the Ascari Resort in Spain. The teams competing in the series have been responsible for setting lap records at seventeen European circuits, including a 38.032 lap at Brands in 2004 which the drivers are looking to better this weekend.

EuroBOSS ZIG-ZAG SuperPrix - Saturday 29th April 2006

Free Practice :: 10.10 - 10.30
Qualifying :: 12.20 - 12.40
Race 1 (20 laps) :: 16.50 approx

EuroBOSS ZIG-ZAG SuperPrix - Sunday 30th April 2006

Front of garage :: 12.40 for
Pit Road Walkabout :: 13.00 - 13.15
Race 2 (30 laps) :: 16.00 approx

Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing
Old 29 Apr 2006, 20:56 (Ref:1597740)   #67
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to see and hear the euroBOSS cars today It's been too long since they last ran in the UK.

One question.......where's the theme music gone ?
Old 30 Apr 2006, 19:35 (Ref:1598274)   #68
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Good stuff again from the Euroboss crowd today those cars sound fantastic, I'd also forgotten just how fast they are! Superb (particularly liked the black Tyrrell and the Jordan).
Old 1 May 2006, 10:13 (Ref:1598631)   #69
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup Euroboss put on a good show round Brands, I had never seen F1 cars go round there before, now I have . My only question is what happened to the Ferrari? Did it not show up, or did it have a mishap in Saturdays race?

Slightly off topic, one thing I love about Brands is you can get 'amateur' photos you can only dream of getting at other circuits like Silverstone.
Old 1 May 2006, 23:30 (Ref:1599049)   #70
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
The two Euroboss races at Brands were great, I have to say Nigel Greensall in the Benetton was awesome in the second race on Sunday back of the grid to 2nd, had the race been the 30 laps as planned I think he would of caught the leading Benetton of D'Aubery. Mr Zwaart must of been a bit miffed by his cars lack of reliability on sunday his car had a box of neutrals and Lausans car was missing more than one gear.
Bravery award has to go to Tony Hansford after his Arrows suffered from a stuck wide open throttle moment going up Hailwood Hill to Druids which tore the near side front corner off and destroyed the nose. The guy had it repaired and went out to race in the afternoon to finish 6th despite sore ribs and neck.
Last point was anyone impressed with the way Jodie Hemming applied herself to her first Boss race? I was and think perhaps she may have the potencial to take her career in single seaters to a high level...................
Old 2 May 2006, 07:52 (Ref:1599162)   #71
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Last point was anyone impressed with the way Jodie Hemming applied herself to her first Boss race? I was and think perhaps she may have the potencial to take her career in single seaters to a high level...................
Yep,a podium first time out in anything quicker than a Jedi,can't be bad.
Old 2 May 2006, 09:04 (Ref:1599214)   #72
Old Ropey
Racer

Old Ropey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A quicker driver than many people give her credit for, Jodie obviously has made a good transition from 105 bhp Formula Honda to 720 Jordan. I know for a fact that she had had only 30 odd laps in the car before Brands.
Well Done.
Old 2 May 2006, 13:27 (Ref:1599368)   #73
BOSSman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brands
One question.......where's the theme music gone ?
The theme music is still the same... The Hives with "The hives are law, you are crime"! Why we play nothing, it is simple... Roger had forget to give the "old" version to the race organisation...

Story:
Roger (Cowman) came on friday with a new version from our theme song, but he was not happy with this.
Then i must hear this in my rented car, for a opinion from a "younger" men.
Bad, very bad...not only the version, also the quality!

For the next race we hope, that we have a new remix with more "power" and in better quality!

Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing
Old 2 May 2006, 13:51 (Ref:1599382)   #74
BOSSman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazbaz_99
My only question is what happened to the Ferrari? Did it not show up, or did it have a mishap in Saturdays race?
Paul Osborn was on sunday in Brands Hatch, but not with his Ferrari.
The car was shipped back from California to the UK. Was well prepared for this race from Fred Goddard Racing and so on...

The "problem" was Paul himself. For this race at Brands, with a F1 car, he must have an medical check. Paul was going on thursday the his doctor and he say no! I know why, but the only thing which i will say, it was not a big health problem. The doctor says, for this weekend, in a very fast and difficult car like F1... No! This is the story!

Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing
Old 2 May 2006, 15:09 (Ref:1599411)   #75
BOSSman
Veteran

EuroBOSS - Brands Hatch

Yeah, it was generally a very good weekend on one of the best circuits in GB. Sunny days, a large crowd and spectacular races (particularly the MiniĀ“s).

Very impressive for me was Jodie Hemming. Fifth on saturday and then third on sunday. A podium place in their second EuroBOSS race... fantastic, awesome! She is really a very talented and fast driver. The only test with the Jordan F1 car were 30 laps in Silverstone.
Very quick also Nigel Greensall (we know this). He arrives Brands Hatch on sunday morning, after his vdev race on saturday in Spa-Francorchamps.
Driven from the last position to second, it was a great achievement!

For all the results, please see here:
http://www.msttiming.com/meeting.asp...ttype=barcclub

But when we talk over a very good race meeting, we must talk also over a big problem, which could prevent a possible return to Brands!
What not many people knows, the second EuroBOSS race on sunday should be cancelled 30min! before the start!
There was a very big noise problem!
The point is, on saturday a men from the circuit was testing the noise from the cars, all cars where over the limit (it is a normal result, everyone knows that F1 and F3000 cars are very noisy)!
Strong discussions until sunday with the end-result, the race can start with 25 and not 30 laps.
Therefore at the moment and this is very sad, it looks not good for a EuroBOSS return to Brands Hatch!

Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing

PS 1: After his very good test last week, Scott Mansell have now found the money for the rest oft the Indy Pro series season 2006 in America! Good luck Scott!
PS 2: Team Mansell Motorsport (Scott`s father) plans for a return to the EuroBOSS series in 2006! ...and these are not the only one that wants to come back...

Tags
cosworth, euroboss, judd, old f1 cars, single seater