Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 24 Aug 2006, 14:00 (Ref:1690365)   #26
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I tread on the hallowed marshal's turf from the equally hallowed historics ground to ask Stephen, if you'll be wearing 'those' shoes and will you be within hailing distance of the spectators area. I'd like to say 'hello' again!
Old 24 Aug 2006, 14:25 (Ref:1690718)   #27
BrendanM
Racer

United Kingdom
Colchester
BrendanM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Stephen only wears "those shoes".

Nice quite straight bit for me (10), what does it mean if you name had no post against it - does it mean carrying G&Ts for Trevor and Alec ?

Hotel this year, think of of you 'camping it up'....

(next seen Mallory somewhere this weekend MGCCs.....)
Old 24 Aug 2006, 14:33 (Ref:1690726)   #28
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
John, you should know I don't possess any other shoes other than 'those' ones you mention. Actually, that's a lie. I now have a second pair of red shoes (in case the first pair get wet). As I'm at Woodcote I would hope to be within easy chatting distance so please drop by (with a gin & tonic of course) and say hello.

As for Murphy staying in a hotel.....wimp
Old 24 Aug 2006, 18:38 (Ref:1690918)   #29
Aardvaark
Rookie

England
Timperley, Altrincham
Aardvaark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
M Greenslade (Balders?) - Stephen is exactly right - James bought his 3 day tickets months ago because he was convinced his old man wouldn't be selected and then he could laugh at me scrabbling around trying to pick a ticket up at the last minute, having already booked the B&B! Offspring are such a comfort in your dotage! The only reason James hasn't offered them himself is that his computer is bust (who's laughing now!). Hope that clears it up. I never have and never would try to sell marshals guest tickets.
Old 24 Aug 2006, 19:48 (Ref:1690977)   #30
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Don't worry, we had already reached that conclusion
Old 24 Aug 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1691022)   #31
mark ch
Racer

United Kingdom
Shepshed
mark ch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Post 7 St Mary's,
Old 24 Aug 2006, 20:49 (Ref:1691041)   #32
Kavokid
Rookie

England
Henley on Thames
Kavokid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Fangdoc and Skip_rat will be causing the usual concrete sleeping policemen in pit lane. I believe brooms of various lengths will be available to fit all.... Watch out for Steve Tarrant as he'll be testing the scrapheap challenge four poster fornication chariot, so ladies beware... Hoping for fine weather, fine wine and good friends to share a beer or two with. See you all in the campsite.
Old 24 Aug 2006, 23:09 (Ref:1691119)   #33
danccooke
Veteran

England
West Sussex
danccooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
post 8 for myself, Dee (wifey), and the rest of the Goodwood taliban,

Sorry to who ever we are with, bring your earplugs, we have been known to be less then quiet.
Wont be camping as i can see the track from my back door almost. Looking forward to seeing you all though.
Old 24 Aug 2006, 23:12 (Ref:1691121)   #34
danccooke
Veteran

England
West Sussex
danccooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If there is a bit of a party though might be tempted to ride back to the camp site with a case of tins on my back, and stagger home in the early hours. I asked Dee if she would give me a piggy back home but the answer was quite short.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 07:30 (Ref:1691219)   #35
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aardvaark

Apologies for any confusion, my fault

Balders
Old 25 Aug 2006, 09:12 (Ref:1691282)   #36
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavokid
Fangdoc and Skip_rat will be causing the usual concrete sleeping policemen in pit lane.

Watch out for Steve Tarrant as he'll be testing the scrapheap challenge four poster fornication chariot, so ladies beware...
I think an explanation is required here!!!!!

I had hospital surgery 2 weeks ago for an incisional stomach hernia (legacy of my original accident) and therefore wasn't too keen to camp at the circuit, laying on the ground to sleep and then trying to raise myself into my wheelchair each morning, as this would put immense strain on the wound and potentially re-open it. Therefore my "friends" (term can be applied loosely if the above comments are anything to go by!!!!! ) are building a bed that is raised so that I can slide across from bed to wheelchair and therefore put no strain on the healing wound!!!!!

BARC have chosen not to make use of me, but have sent me a set of tickets, so you'll find me behind the pit counters or around the paddock - but wheeling much slower than normal!!!

Let's hope for fine weather.

Steve
Old 26 Aug 2006, 17:36 (Ref:1692944)   #37
Aardvaark
Rookie

England
Timperley, Altrincham
Aardvaark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Balders

Apology totally accepted - no problem.

Aardvaark

Still haven't flogged the ticket though - Suze, as I am not totally computer literate not sure whether you've had my reply - would appreciate a yea or nay. 1 day is OK. Wish James would get his computer mended - he knows what he's doing with this new fangled nonsense!