Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Aug 2011, 08:36 (Ref:2938394)   #201
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How much of the sponsorship comes through Dumbrell seems to be the question given race driving would not appear to be his primary source of income.
How many of the potential drivers can raise the level of sponsorship including their own wage? Much shorter list GTR?

Does Rod Nash own the car?
Old 11 Aug 2011, 08:38 (Ref:2938395)   #202
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
why would you presume that GTR, maybe its not on the car because they dont kick in the $100s of thousands necessary to get on the car and maybe they are not interested

maybe they are happy with being a baming sponsor of a race
Old 11 Aug 2011, 10:41 (Ref:2938430)   #203
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If the number Mr Moffat is alleged to be bringing to DJR ($800k was reported..) is close, it could take title sponsorship at a number of other teams, and get almost full car signage...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Aug 2011, 11:10 (Ref:2938439)   #204
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ok, if the number was that high then that would make sense. and if it was closer to a lower number then the current situation makes sense
Old 12 Aug 2011, 09:00 (Ref:2938828)   #205
snappa
Racer

snappa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the Moffat to DJR thing was a deal done by ford to get him seat time in the main game to see if he could make it in the main game
Old 12 Aug 2011, 11:07 (Ref:2938868)   #206
smokinJ
Racer

smokinJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
interesting you say about the helmet, I had worked for a company that sponsored drivers helmet as a personal sponsor. the reason being is that you didnt have to pay the HUGE V8 supercar cut. and you still get on tv (in car shots, podiums etc)
they are quite happy to remain this way

also Supercheap I remember that they never paid full market sponsorship with PPM or previously with PWR or Ellery, is this still the case?
(I also worked for them) and I cant imagine them paying full price on anything
Old 14 Aug 2011, 04:23 (Ref:2939416)   #207
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinJ View Post
interesting you say about the helmet, I had worked for a company that sponsored drivers helmet as a personal sponsor. the reason being is that you didnt have to pay the HUGE V8 supercar cut. and you still get on tv (in car shots, podiums etc)...

It's been a Lonnnnng time since I saw a driver's helmet on the Podium.
Old 14 Aug 2011, 23:13 (Ref:2939706)   #208
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
It's been a Lonnnnng time since I saw a driver's helmet on the Podium.
They drop the helmet in front of the rider in MotoGP for the podium presentation, but its not visible after that...
Old 14 Aug 2011, 23:20 (Ref:2939709)   #209
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
With Mr Power getting his knickers in a twist most recently with other drivers (Mr Franchitti isnt on his Christmas card list) and with officials (Mr Barnhart for restarting a wet race too soon, in his opinion, over the weekend)... it has me wondering if his time in ChampCar is becoming more limited than first thought...

... and whether a ride aboard #55 on a full time basis would be more to his liking?

He seems quite an angry young man at the minute...

... perfect for getting rid of a few FPR chassis
Old 15 Aug 2011, 00:31 (Ref:2939726)   #210
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
With Mr Power getting his knickers in a twist most recently with other drivers (Mr Franchitti isnt on his Christmas card list) and with officials (Mr Barnhart for restarting a wet race too soon, in his opinion, over the weekend)... it has me wondering if his time in ChampCar is becoming more limited than first thought...

... and whether a ride aboard #55 on a full time basis would be more to his liking?

Tell him he's dreaming... That's a James Phelpsian piece of thinking... Right up there with those journos who used to keep asking Mark Webber when he was going to "make it" to the V8s...

He's got every right to be angry, after recent goings on in that series...

I can't see Will going from being the lead driver in one of the most famous racing teams on the planet, to a satellite, semi-works, V8 Supercar operation... There are plenty of rungs on the ladder between those two set-ups - or even up that ladder from Indycars given his reputation enhancement over the past two years.

Heck, his exploits at New Hampshire were a perfect advertisement for a NASCAR gig...

Of which, precisely none of this takes into account his new American wife - currently working as the Dreyer & Reinbold Indycar team's PR...

Last edited by mac; 15 Aug 2011 at 00:37.
Old 15 Aug 2011, 00:57 (Ref:2939736)   #211
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

GTRMagic=James Phelps? Quiet weekend GTR?
Old 15 Aug 2011, 05:34 (Ref:2939765)   #212
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
GTRMagic=James Phelps? Quiet weekend GTR?
Plenty of racing on... the live stream from Morgan Park was great on Sunday..

I wish I was James Phelps... I could be rich
Old 15 Aug 2011, 06:14 (Ref:2939767)   #213
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
Of which, precisely none of this takes into account his new American wife - currently working as the Dreyer & Reinbold Indycar team's PR...
Exactly

For that same reason (wife's work committments) is why Ryan Briscoe won't be racing fulltime down here any time soon
Old 15 Aug 2011, 08:01 (Ref:2939797)   #214
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I wish I was James Phelps... I could be rich

Will Power aint coming back anytime soon, he'll hang onto Indycar for as long as he can, he lives for open wheelers as does Briscoe.
Old 15 Aug 2011, 08:10 (Ref:2939799)   #215
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:

Will Power aint coming back anytime soon, he'll hang onto Indycar for as long as he can, he lives for open wheelers as does Briscoe.
Except Mr Penske really doesnt have the budget to run 3 ChampCars, plus an ensemble of expensive pilots.. and with the change to the new car... never say never...
Old 15 Aug 2011, 08:13 (Ref:2939802)   #216
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Except Mr Penske really doesnt have the budget to run 3 ChampCars, plus an ensemble of expensive pilots.. and with the change to the new car... never say never...
Team Penske isnt the only team in Indycar
Old 15 Aug 2011, 08:18 (Ref:2939806)   #217
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Team Penske isnt the only team in Indycar
Other than Ganassi, its the only one that is commercially funded...
Old 15 Aug 2011, 08:37 (Ref:2939814)   #218
cavvy
Veteran

Quote:
Other than Ganassi, its the only one that is commercially funded...
Was the Penske livery last weekend inhouse?

Bit like HSV sponsoring HRT?

Not my idea of 'commercially funded' - fully funded OK!
Old 15 Aug 2011, 09:02 (Ref:2939821)   #219
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post

I was thinking more that Mr Penske can pick and choose his drivers, and not need to do a credit check before he tests them
Old 15 Aug 2011, 21:29 (Ref:2941538)   #220
cavvy
Veteran

Quote:
I was thinking more that Mr Penske can pick and choose his drivers, and not need to do a credit check before he tests them
Roger that, Rogers bankroll !!

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/finan.../D9ONIPFO0.htm
Old 16 Aug 2011, 00:41 (Ref:2941600)   #221
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post

That would be a bit out of the ordinary. The Captain usually doesnt pay to race, others pay him
Old 16 Aug 2011, 01:07 (Ref:2941602)   #222
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Perhaps a more realistic and pertinent question surrounding Power is whether or not this year will be his final year with any connection to FPR??? Given that Penske is signed up as Chevrolet's anchor team for 2012 engines in Indycar... Don't know how keen they would be to see photos of him splashed around the place with a blue oval on his overalls...
Old 17 Aug 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2942283)   #223
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Restructuring at Kelly Racing

Quote:
Todd Kelly has reaffirmed his commitment to driving in the V8 Supercars Championship until the end of the 2013 season at the very least.
So there won't be a spot open in #7 next year
Old 17 Aug 2011, 22:35 (Ref:2942308)   #224
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So how does this announcement manage to make it on the 8.30am Macquarie National News, when even the results of races across the V8 weekend barely rate a mention?
Old 18 Aug 2011, 00:49 (Ref:2942325)   #225
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
So how does this announcement manage to make it on the 8.30am Macquarie National News, when even the results of races across the V8 weekend barely rate a mention?
Slow news week maybe?