Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Mar 2014, 05:51 (Ref:3382906)   #1
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Classic (& Le Mans) Spectating advice

Guys (and girls) can anyone recommend the best grandstands for both the Le Mans Classic and the Silverstone Classic. I am thinking of attending both this year
Old 22 Mar 2014, 06:30 (Ref:3382913)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I guess the best grandstands will be same for any race at same venue? Maybe best to ask on 'Trackside' as well for maximum response.
Old 22 Mar 2014, 08:15 (Ref:3382935)   #3
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you check out the Le Mans threads on 10-Tenths they provide a lot of this sort of information - mainly in relation to the 'modern' Le Mans race - but a lot of the 'viewing area' stuff is relevant to the Classic. Also try the following (which I found via the aforementioned threads) - a real mine of information and a credit to those who produce it:

http://www.clubarnage.com/wiki/doku.php

I've attended the last two Classics (and again this year hopefully) but don't bother with Grandstands as I prefer to wander around, so can't offer any first hand advice re grandstands.
Old 22 Mar 2014, 15:14 (Ref:3383025)   #4
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Can someone make one LMC thread?
Old 22 Mar 2014, 17:07 (Ref:3383052)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The thought crossed my mind but this was specifically about spectating, I'll change the title.
Old 24 Mar 2014, 10:50 (Ref:3383568)   #6
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Testing on nurburgring gp yesterday and got talking to some old german friends from years ago, VERY unimpressed theres no pre war grid this year.I wont repeat what was said about French organisers!
Old 24 Mar 2014, 11:25 (Ref:3383578)   #7
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
No Pre War grid where?

Le Mans,Oldtimers at Ring,Silverstone Classic,Goodwood......?

Explain what you are saying as I am totally lost.
Old 24 Mar 2014, 11:56 (Ref:3383585)   #8
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

What has this stuff got to do with grandstands?

Have been told that stands after pits on outside of circuit are best and most convieient to use .

Older cars get sideways and stuff.

It enables you to wander to pits and paddocks as and when you want to.

Many cars vanish into pits as soon as they are opened as if preppers have more than one grid to cover it proves impossible with the paddock system.
Old 24 Mar 2014, 13:31 (Ref:3383612)   #9
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
No Pre War grid where?

Le Mans,Oldtimers at Ring,Silverstone Classic,Goodwood......?

Explain what you are saying as I am totally lost.

This is a thread about Le Mans?
Old 24 Mar 2014, 15:28 (Ref:3383646)   #10
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

But there is a full Pre War grid at Le Mans Classic?

That's why I assumed they/ you were referring to another meeting where there is no Pre40 Grid.
Old 24 Mar 2014, 15:31 (Ref:3383647)   #11
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
maybe he meant the Great War?
Old 24 Mar 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3383678)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
But there is a full Pre War grid at Le Mans Classic?

That's why I assumed they/ you were referring to another meeting where there is no Pre40 Grid.

Perhaps they had their wires crossed then? They were very annoyed about it though, and yes, they have pre war cars?????
Old 24 Mar 2014, 21:31 (Ref:3383787)   #13
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Could it be that they have Pre40 cars and they didn't get an entry.?