Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 10 Aug 2013, 12:36 (Ref:3287961)   #1
olivk
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
olivk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Olivk's tracks

So far i've done 2 and a half tracks in 3 years... i hope to change that. And since not all future tracks will be called Three Lakes Circuit i thought i'd start another thread and let the other one die.

So.. As a start here's the final version of the Circuit des Trois Lacs, a bit fine-tuned since the previous version.

Cheers
Olivk
Attached Thumbnails
130810 Circuit des trois lacs_plan.jpg   130810 Circuit des trois lacs_situation.jpg   130810 Circuit des trois lacs_fiche.jpg  

Old 10 Aug 2013, 14:14 (Ref:3287987)   #2
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"So far i've done 2 and a half tracks in 3 years..."

Got enough of them, quite frankly

bio
Old 10 Aug 2013, 16:14 (Ref:3288029)   #3
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This one would be quite amazing for sportscars. Thank you for contributing.
Old 10 Aug 2013, 22:11 (Ref:3288135)   #4
olivk
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
Z-Ring, Zurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio View Post
"So far i've done 2 and a half tracks in 3 years..."
Got enough of them, quite frankly
bio
Bad luck here's the next one An old idea that's been sketched a few times on paper.

Z-Ring is located right next to Zurich international airport, an area that's already noisy. The land plot is currently used by military as a training field and since i prefer motorsports to military stuff i didn't have too bad feelings planing a racetrack there.

This track is a but under 4.5 km, it's fast with a wide variety of curves and turns. It can be splitted in 2, a shorter racetrack and a training track for example.

This track would be suited to host about any kind of race car categories except F1.

The lant plot has a slight slope of about 5 meters, the pit straight would be down and T6-T11T12 would be up.

Unfortunately at this time the airport-runway parallel to the pit straight is only used for landings mostly incomming in opposite direction, so no plane-car race
Attached Thumbnails
130811 Z-Ring_plan.jpg   130811 Z-Ring_situation.jpg   130811 Z-Ring_fiche.jpg  

Old 10 Aug 2013, 22:41 (Ref:3288151)   #5
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm concerned about the logistics here: this seems to be a remote location. How are the teams and fans gonna get to the site from the closest airport?

Jokes aside, it's a seriously good looking one.

bio
Old 10 Aug 2013, 22:58 (Ref:3288161)   #6
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't like the chicane in the Green circuit. You say a training circuit, but there is nowhere with the chicane in place for a driver/rider to really open the throttle and experience higher speeds and the associated hard braking the next corner brings. Keep it an option for handling training perhaps.

The Big circuit...
T2 and T7 might be a little close in terms of T2 run-off.
Personally I don't feel the need for the double esses of 8-9 and then10-11, I'd arc out from 9 to 11 giving a faster apex on 11 and run down to 12. T10 could remain as an option.

Overall once again nice use of space within a real world setting. Yes like this one
Old 10 Aug 2013, 23:53 (Ref:3288175)   #7
olivk
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio View Post
I'm concerned about the logistics here: this seems to be a remote location. How are the teams and fans gonna get to the site from the closest airport?

Jokes aside, it's a seriously good looking one.

bio
There is a road that would need to be developped, with parking areas added etc.. i didn't use the whole military area so that should be manageable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
I don't like the chicane in the Green circuit. You say a training circuit, but there is nowhere with the chicane in place for a driver/rider to really open the throttle and experience higher speeds and the associated hard braking the next corner brings. Keep it an option for handling training perhaps.
The chicane is an option, up to the user to chose which configuration he wants But i'm not really sure it's a useful chicane anyway... I'll see what config will be used the most. When the track is built. If it is. Someday. Later....

Quote:
The Big circuit...
T2 and T7 might be a little close in terms of T2 run-off.
Hmm yeah it's a bit tight there, i hoped the cars would lose enough speed in T1 to make T2 safe but i'm not sure.

Quote:
Personally I don't feel the need for the double esses of 8-9 and then10-11, I'd arc out from 9 to 11 giving a faster apex on 11 and run down to 12. T10 could remain as an option.

Overall once again nice use of space within a real world setting. Yes like this one
I like esses But indeed it could be an option to bypass T10 but then i feel it would be too similar to T5-T6 ... and thanks
Old 11 Aug 2013, 00:15 (Ref:3288177)   #8
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You could open T5 up a bit, making T4-5-6 really fast direction changes, opening out through T7 with T8 then being the harder stop, before accelerating out through 9 to 11. I think it would only require the apex of 5 to move a few metres
Old 12 Aug 2013, 18:26 (Ref:3288922)   #9
olivk
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
Circuit du Chablais

The region of Chablais is famous for its vinyards and for the Tamoil (Ex-Ghadafi's) oil refinery. The second one makes SLP (sportscar liquid propellant), the 1st one HLP (human liquid propellant), so it was quite naturally that this region got its own racetrack.

The track uses a plot of land between different industrial zones (A racetrack right across steep vinyards would be nice too but maybe a bit too much). It is in the same size category as Circuit des trois lacs and intended primarily as a club and testing track that could host a handful of racing events a year, mainly national series.

The terrain is flat, no elevation change. It's in the middle of the Alps and it's FLAT
Attached Thumbnails
130812 Circuit Chablais_plan.jpg   130812 Circuit Chablais_situation.jpg   130812 Circuit Chablais_fiche.jpg  

Old 13 Aug 2013, 04:29 (Ref:3289098)   #10
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivk View Post
Bad luck here's the next one An old idea that's been sketched a few times on paper.

Z-Ring is located right next to Zurich international airport, an area that's already noisy. The land plot is currently used by military as a training field and since i prefer motorsports to military stuff i didn't have too bad feelings planing a racetrack there.

This track is a but under 4.5 km, it's fast with a wide variety of curves and turns. It can be splitted in 2, a shorter racetrack and a training track for example.

This track would be suited to host about any kind of race car categories except F1.

The lant plot has a slight slope of about 5 meters, the pit straight would be down and T6-T11T12 would be up.

Unfortunately at this time the airport-runway parallel to the pit straight is only used for landings mostly incomming in opposite direction, so no plane-car race
Funny, I believe I've driven right down that road to the north of the track before. Twice.

Zürich-Kloten Airport, good memories. Very fine place to put a racetrack indeed. I was just there in June and then in July so I have, er, first-hand experience without the layout. All in all, very good track. I love that triple-apex corner!

Of course, Zürich traffic can be horrendous (like as bad as Paris) so I'd expect getting in and out would be a nightmare. Not a bad place to be stuck, though.

Very good track! 9/10!