Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 10 Dec 2013, 01:59 (Ref:3342199)   #26
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd have thought that you'd have wanted as much run off as possible on the outside of T4, that's the first time the right hand side of the tyre sees tarmac since penultimate corner, though with that angle on the apex, not sure how much lean angle you'd have, with 8-9-10 being the only other right handers on the circuit.
Old 10 Dec 2013, 04:16 (Ref:3342238)   #27
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
I'd have thought that you'd have wanted as much run off as possible on the outside of T4, that's the first time the right hand side of the tyre sees tarmac since penultimate corner, though with that angle on the apex, not sure how much lean angle you'd have, with 8-9-10 being the only other right handers on the circuit.
That's quite a low speed hairpin and I have drawn some 25 meters of run off before a wall is encountered, I totally understand the point and appreciate you bringing that up!

Last edited by LuiggiSpeed; 10 Dec 2013 at 04:30.
Old 10 Dec 2013, 04:22 (Ref:3342243)   #28
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
There's a little more terrain available in front of the horse ranch and less terrain where a small building it's still in use, so I had to rethink my design yet again, but I think my version it's "getting there" somewhat...I've tried as hard as I could to avoid stop and go, but with the limitations I barely managed to put some kinks and turns that don't even feel like a turn, I'm trying to reduce the number of corners to 13 at max, counting the kinks, 12 if you count T1 as T1a/T1b , I really see no need to label 2 turns when in fact you're only doing one turn with the ideal raceline.
Attached Thumbnails
IslaGrandeFinalAltTop.jpg   IslaGrandeFinalAltPersp.jpg  
Old 10 Dec 2013, 05:05 (Ref:3342247)   #29
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post

Basically, motorcycles will be trying to trail brake as much as they can, so front end crashes there could be common within the first couple of laps, so yeah, your point it's totally valid. Quite frankly, it's probably a 1rst or 2nd gear at best, but that problem happens in Sachsenring but with a high speed turn, giving quite some headache to the GP safety commission and the Bridgestone tech department. In all I don't think it needs to be changed, it's one of those features that gives "personality" to a track
Old 10 Dec 2013, 15:45 (Ref:3342401)   #30
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
A little bit of an update, it's not easy to find 1.5 miles in such a place but I think the spacing and safety is OK for the predicted speeds.
Attached Thumbnails
IslaGrandeFinalAltTopRev1.jpg  
Old 15 Dec 2013, 21:21 (Ref:3344382)   #31
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Another shot at the same area, different idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Isla GDE 1.63.jpg  
Old 30 Jan 2014, 00:30 (Ref:3361915)   #32
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuiggiSpeed View Post
Another shot at the same area, different idea.
Wow! I must have missed this one, I like it a lot, very interesting. There is so much track in such little space! Great job.

My only modification would be to move the pit entry onto the start of the pit straight, it's a little cramped at it's current location.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 17:01 (Ref:3418788)   #33
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
hi all, I've been quite silent lately, my job has evolved into many planes many countries and I have had barely any time to design, but I had a little time to sketch a small project in the usual vicinity, here's a very simple track design, as always, use of a small space is paramount in my designs, (forced by the space conditions) I tried to put 2 miles with various challenges.
The track lap would be a run to the first corner of about 450mt into a kind of a twisted DA , my only intention here is to sparse the bunch a little bit before a real overtaking spot is found (first corner pileups SUCK) , although T2 & T3 may offer overtaking when there's a big difference in corner speed, the first good one would be T4, a decreasing radius. T5 also offers opportunity for an out-braking maneuver, T6 T7 & T8 are quite fast sweepers offer a chance to test the huevos of motorcyclists and cars alike, with various changes in direction all the way to T9 which offers a nice opportunity for another overtaking, T10 & T11 may be a little of follow the leader until T12 where you have the last out-braking spot, then I put T13 T14 & T15 as a series of wide chicanes to induce some kind of last corner action before the checkered flag. The drawing it's not detailed at all, so I expect to win no beauty contests, it's not the intended purpose of this design, but I rather want you guys to think of the lap itself and the way the space has been optimized. Also it looks to me that for the speed possible there is enough run-off everywhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Bechara2.0~.jpg  
Old 20 Jun 2014, 03:23 (Ref:3424047)   #34
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
I walked the area where I designed the above circuit, and I was able to see what kind of terrain I was dealing with, well it turned out that area is full of wet sumps and mangles , so the actual area where track can be laid it's quite smaller. I hate to do this yet again but I had to come up with one of my "forced drills" to find out how can I unroll a track that is usable, has variety of turns yet some distance in between them so that there can be overtaking opportunities and over all, it's safe. So to lay out 1.5 miles of track I had to be very careful, it came out as kind of a mega-karting track or a small circuit although this one came out larger than the newly rebuilt Bushy Park, in Barbados. Hope you like it, please pinpoint if missed any safety considerations or if you see a mayor screw up that may have escaped my eyes.
The main straight is ~400M just so that you have an idea of the size.
Attached Thumbnails
bechara_Mini_Circuit.jpg