Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 24 Jul 2016, 05:15 (Ref:3660528)   #76
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
nm

Last edited by Coach Ep; 24 Jul 2016 at 05:21.
Old 24 Jul 2016, 05:50 (Ref:3660536)   #77
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
That was Tandy, crashed into Kevin Estre I think?
Or when Estre in the #911 took out Jan in the #3 at Sebring this year.

L.P.
Old 24 Jul 2016, 07:51 (Ref:3660551)   #78
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Or when Estre in the #911 took out Jan in the #3 at Sebring this year.

L.P.

Or it could of been the incident at long beach this year too.....

I swear I thought bergmiester was one of the dirtiest drivers out there,but man this core porsche team since 2014 make the flying lizards driving standards from back then seem clean.
Old 24 Jul 2016, 07:52 (Ref:3660552)   #79
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about bmw though,what a miserable year so far......
Old 24 Jul 2016, 15:36 (Ref:3660755)   #80
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
fantastic race.

very hot.

the bump and grind is a great thing.
Old 24 Jul 2016, 16:43 (Ref:3660835)   #81
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
What about bmw though,what a miserable year so far......
I've been cheering for BMW all year. Some of the issues was there fault. But what happened at Lime Rock was robbery. R.L.L should send the CORE Porsche guys the bill.
Old 24 Jul 2016, 17:05 (Ref:3660851)   #82
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
fantastic race.

very hot.

the bump and grind is a great thing.
I thought so too.

L.P.
Old 24 Jul 2016, 17:19 (Ref:3660866)   #83
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
One thing IMSA has going for it is a great variety of tracks that produce a variety of different racing styles. Lime Rock will always have this style of racing, and is a great contrast to the next couple of rounds.
Old 24 Jul 2016, 18:50 (Ref:3660891)   #84
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
This track is worse than a street circuit. Why come here when Watkins Glen is in the area?
I feel the need to address this poor comment. Might as well fit in a fan-report from Lime Rock while I am at it.

Have you ever been to Lime Rock? I am going to presume you have not. This circuit is one of the most beautiful and picturesque venues in North American sports car racing that provides some of the most exciting on track action on the IMSA calendar...they don't call it a bull ring for nothing. It also carries with it legions of dedicated fans that flock to this place every time the circuit hosts a major racing event. So, for you to claim that this circuit is no better than a concrete canyon course is quite an affront to those (including me) who love the facility and happily attend all the races held there. More to your line stating why they don't just go to Watkins Glen because its "in the area", I'll tell you right now that it is not at all "in the area", and I also feel I need to remind you that they just raced the Glen at the beginning of this month for six hours.

Now whilst you enjoyed your air-conditoning, I made the trek to the track this past Saturday with my lady-friend despite the grueling heat that was forecast. There was sweating, cheering, lots of water consumption and many great experiences had. I thoroughly enjoyed the closing half hour and watching the battles develop in GTD and GTLM, thrilling action! I must say this is the first time I have seen the fabled WeatherTech grid girls as well....my god....sweet nectar for the eyes. The Corvettes were ear-bleeding as usual and to my surprise, the factory Porsches were shockingly loud! It was also the first time that I had seen the Ford GTs in the flesh and all I can say is - visually stunning!! A nice treat put on by the track to allow the Lime Rock Drivers Club SCCA Spec Miata race in the interim between the Conti race and the WeatherTech race too!

Overall, it was a fantastic $160 spent (plus a few concessions here and there) with a wonderful mix of vendor stations in the midway and a huge attending crowd to boot. I also managed to capture some photos of my experiences...so feel free to check out my posted album.

Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/nick.woodbu...9476707&type=3
Old 24 Jul 2016, 21:24 (Ref:3660934)   #85
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Great stuff Nick!

Lime Rock is also one of the most historic road racing tracks in North America.
Old 24 Jul 2016, 21:37 (Ref:3660937)   #86
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
We were very close to each other during the VL celebrations.
Old 25 Jul 2016, 11:57 (Ref:3661061)   #87
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well said, Nick. I was there on Saturday as well and agree with all you said. It's a terrific venue-I've been going since the early '70's-and it never fails to deliver an exciting race or a memorable day. I was very disappointed that the Risi Ferrari faded toward the end, hoping to see Fisi on the podium. Great pix as well-I think I took many of the same views and will upload them when I find my GD patch cable.
Old 25 Jul 2016, 14:38 (Ref:3661084)   #88
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
My unedited pictures from the weekend, mainly Friday:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/984521...57668575630773

Old 25 Jul 2016, 16:31 (Ref:3661104)   #89
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great pictures you guys. Thanks for posting.

I thought that was the best race in motorsports land
for the weekend. Hate my 23 Porsche pick crapped out
in the closing laps.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 17:24 (Ref:3662139)   #90
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship was also live on FOX for the first time this year, and Saturday's GT/PC race at Lime Rock scored a 0.30 rating and averaged 433,000 viewers. (It was also up against NASCAR, in its case the Xfinity race at Indy.
https://www.racer.com/north-american...s-nbcsn-record

Very poor numbers considering it was on FOX network, but then, who's responsible for the brilliant idea of putting it against Xfinity?!
Old 30 Jul 2016, 17:45 (Ref:3662165)   #91
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Not much to say, some pretty poor driving in parts but really enjoyed the race, any racing at Lime Rock is a bit special though.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 22:03 (Ref:3662316)   #92
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's almost no crossover with NASCAR and Sportcars.
Old 31 Jul 2016, 00:05 (Ref:3662337)   #93
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
There's almost no crossover with NASCAR and Sportcars.
I doubt NASCAR fans crossover with any other form of motor racing. When I was a kid in the 90's I followed every form of racing. By 2001 I lost interest in NASCAR. Lost interst in F1 by about 2007. Indy Car by about 2010 and have been a sportscar only fan ever since.

I think media technology such as youtube has allowed us to really become more of niche racing fan. Thus I think the banter and hostility between fans of one form of racing versus another is much more heated than it used to be.
Old 31 Jul 2016, 01:47 (Ref:3662349)   #94
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have heard the Sportscars crowd and the Indycar crowd do intermix, so they could benefit together with some double headers. I think through the GT class probably could get a lot of causal fans but IMSA virtually has no media presence so nobody knows it exists.

They need more GT only races on broadcast.