Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 8 Jan 2010, 21:39 (Ref:2610196)   #26
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocmonster7 View Post
Well thank you for that insightful post.

Quite a few top drivers have now been added to the list including;

Bourdais
Collard
Maassen
Hunter-Reay
Luhr
Westbrook

And they are all in one team!

Fingers crossed for a battle as good as last years!
I don't see any of them on the official entry list. What list are you reading that from?
Old 8 Jan 2010, 21:44 (Ref:2610199)   #27
catmanlux
Rookie

Germany
Germany
catmanlux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlongman View Post
I don't see any of them on the official entry list. What list are you reading that from?
http://www.grand-am.com/schedule/ent...ies=r&eid=1480

entry list for the actual test session...
Old 8 Jan 2010, 21:47 (Ref:2610202)   #28
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlongman View Post
Try here.

http://www.grand-am.com/schedule/res...d=1480&sid=713
Old 8 Jan 2010, 22:02 (Ref:2610211)   #29
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I love the old IMSA days at the Daytona 24 when the GTP and GTO/U cars ran together. Sweet days.
Here's a thought, why not run LMIC and FIA-GT1 together as a 24 hours race next year to kick off the season for both of those series? Would be more fun tho if we had some top American teams/constructors in both classes

The DPs are fun, altho it seems odd to me that it should be so hard to get one of those cars to last 24 hours without problems. Wasnt it only one car last year that ran without any bigger problems, out of some 20 starting? Atleast they tend to stay close together when they are all running.
Old 8 Jan 2010, 22:12 (Ref:2610216)   #30
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
I would be more excited if it was actually a 'new' car rather than a new body draped over one of their old GXP-R tube chassis. Hey, it does look better than the Pontiac cough lozenge, but almost anything would...
And it will be using a variant of the engine that actually comes in the car. I sure hope your calling the GXP-R a lozenge and not its predecessor.

I've been once and enjoyed amazing access prior to the race. Opportunity of a lifetime that was. I'll go back when they can find ways to be a little more fan friendly. As always, however, I'll be watching on TV.
Old 8 Jan 2010, 22:15 (Ref:2610217)   #31
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
I would be more excited if it was actually a 'new' car rather than a new body draped over one of their old GXP-R tube chassis. Hey, it does look better than the Pontiac cough lozenge, but almost anything would...
it is better looking the GXP-R but that ain't saying much. and the last Camaros to run in anger (TA) were merely Camaro body draped over a tube frame as well; kinda used to it now.

I guess the reasoning for Stevenson doing so is that merely adding another body to an existing frame is cheaper than developing something from scratch? and wasn't one of the GXP-Rs just an old GTO-R?

but there is just something about the history of the Camaro that i really dig and am looking forward to seeing it on the track, even tho i am not too fond of the new styling. a bit easier to excited for a Camaro, with it's rich racing history than a GXP.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 8 Jan 2010 at 22:20.
Old 8 Jan 2010, 22:35 (Ref:2610228)   #32
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocmonster7 View Post
Well thank you for that insightful post.

Quite a few top drivers have now been added to the list including;

Bourdais
Collard
Maassen
Hunter-Reay
Luhr
Westbrook

And they are all in one team!

Fingers crossed for a battle as good as last years!
I've been checking the list regularly and was hopeful Level 5 would show up. He really did show up with a stellar cast and I'm really looking forward to seeing them run this year. Both cars ran very well at Homestead in the season finale last year before a few minor issues pushed them down in the order. Tucker has been having a run of excellent finishes having won the Ferrari Challenge, the SCCA Championship and even won a Formula Le Mans race in November in Europe. If his luck keeps up, who knows, they might even win the 24 hours! Looks like they will still be running the Riley-BMW at Daytona but I'm looking forward to his Ferrari-powered car if it ever comes off. By the way, you left Bouchut off your list and he may be the best of them all.

DK

Last edited by dxk1; 8 Jan 2010 at 22:41.
Old 8 Jan 2010, 22:39 (Ref:2610230)   #33
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the big names are there, for sure this year....Mags is in the Stevenson Camaro, as well. Flying Lizards have their normal stiller lineup and are setting the pace early.

let's hope for another good race.
Old 9 Jan 2010, 01:44 (Ref:2610287)   #34
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Dane Cameron in the Mazda? A crying shame if that's the case. Him and Bomarito would have been an exciting lineup.
Old 9 Jan 2010, 03:09 (Ref:2610307)   #35
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
Personally I love the old IMSA days at the Daytona 24 when the GTP and GTO/U cars ran together. Sweet days.
Here's a thought, why not run LMIC and FIA-GT1 together as a 24 hours race next year to kick off the season for both of those series? Would be more fun tho if we had some top American teams/constructors in both classes

The DPs are fun, altho it seems odd to me that it should be so hard to get one of those cars to last 24 hours without problems. Wasnt it only one car last year that ran without any bigger problems, out of some 20 starting? Atleast they tend to stay close together when they are all running.
Nope, four cars finished within 16 seconds - so it was not just one car. However, all the Fords except for one DNF'd due to some defect in the engine...
Old 9 Jan 2010, 04:36 (Ref:2610324)   #36
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
The one Ford that made it was the SunTrust #10 Dallara/Ford (Wayne Taylor) that finished 4th; it was the one car with the older batch Ford engine.

What I'm really wondering about from this entry list though is, where the heck has Davy Jones been for all this time?!
Old 9 Jan 2010, 06:41 (Ref:2610342)   #37
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
And it will be using a variant of the engine that actually comes in the car. I sure hope your calling the GXP-R a lozenge and not its predecessor.
Do not worry, I think the Holden Monaro was a great-looking automobile!
Old 9 Jan 2010, 16:22 (Ref:2610540)   #38
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey choccy, I know you are a garra insider from my motorstv days. Do you know if Dirk Werner still has a garra drive for Daytona?
Old 9 Jan 2010, 18:03 (Ref:2610597)   #39
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
RE Dirk Werner: Doesn't look likely, seeing that he is a BMW factory driver now and the only BMWs in Daytona are merely tolerated....
Old 9 Jan 2010, 21:43 (Ref:2610707)   #40
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
RE Dirk Werner: Doesn't look likely, seeing that he is a BMW factory driver now and the only BMWs in Daytona are merely tolerated....
Two active BMW works drivers are in one of the M6s though.
Old 9 Jan 2010, 23:11 (Ref:2610745)   #41
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
Hey choccy, I know you are a garra insider from my motorstv days. Do you know if Dirk Werner still has a garra drive for Daytona?
Looks like your question was already answered but I just wanted to say "Hi".
Old 9 Jan 2010, 23:12 (Ref:2610746)   #42
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Tis true, but unlike Dirk Werner they also have long-standing connections to Turner Motorsport.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 01:32 (Ref:2610785)   #43
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Little drunkish when I posted that...

Rolex Sports cars isn't totally boring I'll admit, the GT racing is quite interesting sometimes. The DP's are slower than GT1 cars and look like ass, but even they have some real close racing. To me all rovals are kind of boring, Indy is nice. Only one with any slight evevation I've seen is Homested, yeah it's hard on a infield roval but board flat tracks are alittle boring I (that includes greats like Sebring). I also like a roval that only uses the pit straight of the oval. Which is another reason I like Indy alot (the new Moto GP layout in paticular, clockwise would be tits). Eurospeedway is another mention.

Anyways, I guess it is the start to the road racing year. The racing year started the 1st with Dakar start ceremonies.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 04:50 (Ref:2610829)   #44
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So the fact that Hand and Auberlen are in the cars is just being ignored by BMW rather than supported?

Chris
Old 10 Jan 2010, 08:50 (Ref:2610866)   #45
catmanlux
Rookie

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
So the fact that Hand and Auberlen are in the cars is just being ignored by BMW rather than supported?

Chris
That isnt any question at the rolex..2 Porsche works driver are in DPs with BMW engine....
Old 10 Jan 2010, 09:33 (Ref:2610874)   #46
Speed-King
Veteran

Used to be works-drivers, if the rumors are true...

In fact Manu Collard already wrote in his endurance-info blog, that he'll no longer be a works driver this year.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 10:07 (Ref:2610884)   #47
catmanlux
Rookie

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Used to be works-drivers, if the rumors are true...

In fact Manu Collard already wrote in his endurance-info blog, that he'll no longer be a works driver this year.
Wow ! That surprise me - no future for Collard and perhaps Massen as Porsche works driver ? Can we expect some new names like Holzer or Ragginger as works driver?
Old 10 Jan 2010, 10:29 (Ref:2610891)   #48
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by catmanlux View Post
Wow ! That surprise me - no future for Collard and perhaps Massen as Porsche works driver ? Can we expect some new names like Holzer or Ragginger as works driver?
Collard, Maassen and Ragginger are out of contract, Holzer will stay on as a junior and development driver of the GT3 R, no new drivers will be brought in.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 12:44 (Ref:2610978)   #49
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
First time (at least in recent history) BMW gives support to a silhouette BMW racing car?
Old 10 Jan 2010, 13:05 (Ref:2610988)   #50
Speed-King
Veteran

cmk said it before: Joey hand and Bill Auberlen have a long relationship with Turner Motorsport, so that's more something they do in their freetime to help out an old friend than an official assignment from BMW...

Although I wonder what happens if a BMW engined car (with Level5's impressive driver lineup and Ganassi's proven strength in this race that's a real possibility) wins the 24hours overall. Will BMW recognize this somehow or just plainly ignore it?