Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Jun 2011, 21:23 (Ref:2901139)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Felbermayr senior Le Mans injuries .

I didnt hear about this over the Le Mans weekend , but aparantly , according to Austrian newspapers , Horst Felbermayr has cracked or broken ribs which are putting pressure on his lung ..... its not too serious but Its also not good for a man in his late 60's .

I wish him well .

I didnt know he crashed his car . What time did that happen and where please ?
Old 17 Jun 2011, 21:27 (Ref:2901142)   #2
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I didnt hear about this over the Le Mans weekend , but aparantly , according to Austrian newspapers , Horst Felbermayr has cracked or broken ribs which are putting pressure on his lung ..... its not too serious but Its also not good for a man in his late 60's .

I wish him well .

I didnt know he crashed his car . What time did that happen and where please ?
He was caught in the tangle with Mag's Corvette on the way to Ford Chicane. Sunday morning.
Old 17 Jun 2011, 22:06 (Ref:2901154)   #3
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A Get well soon wish to Horst as well as Michael (Wainright), that was a pretty nasty crash he had with Jan, especially the impact with the inside wall.
Old 17 Jun 2011, 22:57 (Ref:2901175)   #4
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reckon Felbermayr will be out of action for the season if he's going to take time to recover? Hope to see him back on track soon anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
A Get well soon wish to Horst as well as Michael (Wainright), that was a pretty nasty crash he had with Jan, especially the impact with the inside wall.
Any updates on Wainwright as well? I hear his was more than just a few bruises too...
Old 17 Jun 2011, 22:58 (Ref:2901178)   #5
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fact that many have not heard of it might be because it was Christian Ried who was listed as driving the car when it happened, so that might have been shown on television or what was said around the Le Mans circuit.
Old 17 Jun 2011, 23:39 (Ref:2901188)   #6
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Nasty accident
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQa7J-gutlg
Old 18 Jun 2011, 00:00 (Ref:2901194)   #7
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be very surprised if he returns to racing at this level again after those injuries at that stage in his life. I'm just glad he made it out relatively intact - once I understood it was him behind the wheel I was quite worried at the time.
Old 18 Jun 2011, 03:07 (Ref:2901225)   #8
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His legs was covered with white tapes after saved out of the car before sent to hospital,and I don't think he will race any more,he's now in his 66!Already the oldest man at LM24 this year

Very suprising,he is still list as #88 Team Felbermayr Proton driver for LMS Rd3
http://www.lemans-series.com/fr/s52_...php?circuit=23

Probably the list was done before LM24,quite sure Sr.Felbermayr won't make the start,Byrce Miller already confirm for that car with Jr.Felbermayr
Old 18 Jun 2011, 04:56 (Ref:2901234)   #9
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul Newman raced well into his 70's. Just saying...
Old 18 Jun 2011, 07:05 (Ref:2901254)   #10
pesca 33
Rookie

pesca 33 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.ph...ebelmayrSr.jpg
Old 18 Jun 2011, 08:51 (Ref:2901286)   #11
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Thats Kevin Costner !!!
Old 18 Jun 2011, 09:06 (Ref:2901297)   #12
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't see him racing again personally. There are plenty of roles he can create for himself within the team.
Old 18 Jun 2011, 10:53 (Ref:2901342)   #13
Lipp
Rookie

Netherlands
Lipp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard on RLM that he also had a broken pelvisbone... A very serious injury indeed...
Old 18 Jun 2011, 10:55 (Ref:2901343)   #14
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
I heard on RLM that he also had a broken pelvisbone... A very serious injury indeed...
That was Wainwright who crashed the Aston earlier in the Porsche Curves, there's still a bit of a degree of confusion between injuries from these two accidents.
Old 18 Jun 2011, 11:02 (Ref:2901347)   #15
Lipp
Rookie

Netherlands
Lipp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh yes you're right!
Old 19 Jun 2011, 02:20 (Ref:2901684)   #16
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Best of luck to both drivers in their recoveries.

Great to see drivers like Felbermayer Snr racing on in that age though, as long as they are not a danger to anyone else (not making any judgements on any individual), all the power to them.
Old 19 Jun 2011, 08:22 (Ref:2901725)   #17
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I read about drivers like Felbermeyer Snr I always feel reminded to Dieter Quester who still won 24h races although he was already in his late 60s

Good luck for a speedy recovery go out to Felbermeyer Snr
Old 19 Jun 2011, 09:40 (Ref:2901759)   #18
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
(not making any judgements on any individual)
LMAO ...... when did this start ?

Im gonta remind you of this possum !!!
Old 22 Jun 2011, 11:31 (Ref:2903423)   #19
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
That was Wainwright who crashed the Aston earlier in the Porsche Curves, there's still a bit of a degree of confusion between injuries from these two accidents.
Autohebdo has a story saying that Wainwright has a broken rib and other injuries. Other injuries could mean a broken pelvis, but I don't know. Are there any other updates on the injured drivers? Horst Sr. is on the Imola entry list, but I don't know if that means anything in regard to his condition.

http://www.autohebdo.fr/endurance/il...bsente-a-imola
Old 22 Jun 2011, 14:48 (Ref:2904281)   #20
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Autohebdo has a story saying that Wainwright has a broken rib and other injuries. Other injuries could mean a broken pelvis, but I don't know. Are there any other updates on the injured drivers? Horst Sr. is on the Imola entry list, but I don't know if that means anything in regard to his condition.

http://www.autohebdo.fr/endurance/il...bsente-a-imola
With a damaged car and an injured driver, I'm not that surprised to see Gulf AMR Middle East sitting Imola out on the grounds of 'force majeure'

At Felbermayr, as you say, Horst Sr. being on the entry list may or may not be an indicator of whether he'll be at Imola or not- He's listed in #88, their LMS 'Am' car, so with both their 'Pro' #77 car and the ILMC #63 car unaffected by his injuries, I guess they can afford to leave #88 on the entry while they make a final decision based on repairing the car in time, Horst Sr.'s fitness or the availability of a substitute driver if they need one
Old 22 Jun 2011, 17:21 (Ref:2904329)   #21
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
didn't see both accidents before, both don't look good.
Just see how fast the aston of Wainwright comes to a stop against the wall, must have been lots of G's in that crash.

Felbermayer's accident looked like a Magnussen mistake to me. Shame he would most probably have won the race in its class.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 18:41 (Ref:2904368)   #22
rdt012237
Rookie

United States
somewhere,I think?
rdt012237 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with you on the Felbermayr accident there nobster. Mags lost the tail caught it then then the nose went out into the porsche almost like a overcorrection. I think if the porsche hadn't been there he would have had an embarrissing tank-slapper and moved on.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 20:05 (Ref:2904417)   #23
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdt012237 View Post
Agree with you on the Felbermayr accident there nobster. Mags lost the tail caught it then then the nose went out into the porsche almost like a overcorrection. I think if the porsche hadn't been there he would have had an embarrissing tank-slapper and moved on.
Has their been any explanation from Corvette Racing for the accident- I've got a vague memory that some of the race coverage at the time (can't remember whether it was DSC or RLM) speculated whether it was driver error or a rear suspension breakage?
Old 22 Jun 2011, 20:17 (Ref:2904423)   #24
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't find anything but I distinctly remember Corvette saying it was suspension failure.

It makes total sense, your car doesn't suddenly veer to the right as quickly as that in the Porsche Curves. I don't think the accident even needs any confirmation from Corvette...
Old 22 Jun 2011, 20:40 (Ref:2904430)   #25
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
your car doesn't suddenly veer to the right as quickly as that in the Porsche Curves.
It does exaclty that when you over correct and the rear bites.