Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 22 Aug 2007, 19:51 (Ref:1994699)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
WSBK to United States in '08!

It's official, World Superbike will return to the United States in 2008 with a combined weekend with AMA. Sounds like no WSS though. But, it's a multi-year deal. Guess I know where I'll be going for vacation next summer!

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Aug/070822mmp.htm

In your face chunder! Look on the bright side, it's the safest road circuit on the whole continent.

Old 22 Aug 2007, 21:42 (Ref:1994763)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bored bored bored bored
Old 23 Aug 2007, 02:28 (Ref:1994849)   #3
agosling
Racer

agosling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bout time they went back to the States, I would still sooner it was at Laguna though
Old 23 Aug 2007, 18:16 (Ref:1995287)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good stuff.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 13:43 (Ref:2000072)   #5
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
great news for the series. Lets hope the US fans get behind it.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 21:13 (Ref:2000404)   #6
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I would think North America would get behind WSB without any problem.

There is a surprisingly high amount of motorcycle racing on Speed, not to mention filler-crap focused on bikes, thus, I would assume, the market is undoubtedly there.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 23:23 (Ref:2000495)   #7
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unfortunately Dutton, re-runs of NASCAR reality shows draw better than motorcycle race footage...
Old 30 Aug 2007, 23:31 (Ref:2000503)   #8
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, yes, it is a given that NASCAR fluff will draw larger numbers. That is a depressing truism.

There is still enough support out there for a fair amount of motorcycling to be on TV, thus, relatively speaking, it must have some degree of popularity.

When I said "get behind" I did not mean it would suddenly take-over NASCAR and be the prominent issue of the day...I meant it in its appropriate context.
Old 1 Sep 2007, 15:41 (Ref:2001342)   #9
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
...World Superbike will return to the United States in 2008 with a combined weekend with AMA...
It's good to see that WSBK goes to another continent. I don't think it is a good move to combine the weekend with an AMA round. The AMA guys will smoke them and this will not give the WSBK series a good reputation. Enjoy your holiday Jhansen (will you have two holidays next year?)
Old 1 Sep 2007, 22:03 (Ref:2001546)   #10
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Welcome back Gerben!

AMA will run a different track configuration, so no time comparisons will be made. And with WSBK on Pirelli tires, that pretty much rules out any wild cards. So really, I don't see a conflict.

Two hollidays? We are definitely thinking about it!
Old 3 Sep 2007, 12:19 (Ref:2002545)   #11
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Welcome back Gerben!
THANKS

Quote:
AMA will run a different track configuration, so no time comparisons will be made. And with WSBK on Pirelli tires, that pretty much rules out any wild cards. So really, I don't see a conflict.
Didn't realise that, maybe I should start properly reading those links you post .