Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Apr 2000, 15:22 (Ref:2229)   #1
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Matt had an on-track clash with Honda's TK and then a bit of an off-track spat as to the guilty party.

I wasn't there so didn't see it. All you ten-tenths eye witness's out there - who was to blame. If it was Matt I guess we can expect to see him despatched into the scenery by the siblings at some point. If not are they ganging up on him already ???

Mind you Matt is prone to the odd rash move. If you remember back to '98 . Rustad won the Independents cup in a slower car, after a steady run, whereas Matt became embroiled with the works cars and ended up off the road - quite often. Are we in for more of the same ?
Old 10 Apr 2000, 15:36 (Ref:2230)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As seen on TV.

He went down the inside, not enough room. they clashed and carried straight on into the barriers.

He was too far back when he made his lunge.
Old 10 Apr 2000, 17:44 (Ref:2231)   #3
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But as Supertourer said, Matt's not going to hide/race as an Indie. He's going to tangle with the best which means Works. OTOH, that could also spell the loss of the championship?
Old 10 Apr 2000, 18:38 (Ref:2232)   #4
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I worry about you, Mr Chow!

Does it matter if he is an independant, or a full works driver if he is going to make rash lunges for non-existant overtakes ?

I'm bored having to repeat it, but 'to finish first, first you have to finish...'

In any case, his interview on TV was in stark contrast to his efforts on the track - 'i'm going to be Mr Consistent this year - last year I went balls out, and we fell back in the championship. This year, we're going for the title...'
Old 10 Apr 2000, 19:57 (Ref:2233)   #5
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor Matty - Now I have to confess I haven't seen the race yet as I was at Brands.

But . . . . Give the bloke a chance, it wouldn't be an interesting race if the drivers didn't go for these challenges once in a while.

Old 10 Apr 2000, 22:38 (Ref:2234)   #6
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Poor Matty - Now I have to confess I haven't seen the race yet as I was at Brands.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm...So was the race...
Old 11 Apr 2000, 16:02 (Ref:2235)   #7
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fatbloke wrote:

&gt;I worry about you, Mr Chow!
&gt;
Funny, you're not the first ST fan who has said that to me? =)

&gt;Does it matter if he is an independant, or &gt;a full works driver if he is going to make &gt;rash lunges for non-existant overtakes ?
&gt;
What I meant was that he could drive more carefully and stay out of the way of the Works cars. Just drive hard enough to beat the independents, but would that make a driver proud? I guess he wants to tangle a bit. That's what Matt said in an interview a while back.

But yes, one thing is tangling, annother thing is going for imaginary spaces and getting punted out.

&gt;I'm bored having to repeat it, but 'to &gt;finish first, first you have to finish...'
&gt;
Ahh, even with his occassional "outs", you and I know he's a sure win for a 2nd championship! ;-)