Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 21 Feb 2018, 16:54 (Ref:3802956)   #1
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sebring 2018

I guess it's time for a roll call thread.
We'll be leaving Atlanta predawn on Wednesday.
Time to become OCD and start making check lists.
Old 21 Feb 2018, 19:11 (Ref:3802994)   #2
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there from Wednesday onwards.
Old 22 Feb 2018, 03:28 (Ref:3803064)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Skipping this year. More specifically, I'll be spelunking in a Tennessee cave with Troop 1 and son #1 and won't even be able to follow.

For the race last year, I missed the District Pinewood Derby, which son #2 placed 2nd for speed, I might add. Looking back, maybe I should have....eh, let's not do that. No regrets!

Anyone that does go, head to Turn 10 on Friday night and find the tent. I mean THE tent. And enjoy, Sebring.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 13:28 (Ref:3803602)   #4
btracing82
Rookie

btracing82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leaving either Tuesday night or early Wednesday for the long miserable drive
Old 26 Feb 2018, 11:04 (Ref:3804004)   #5
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btracing82 View Post
Leaving either Tuesday night or early Wednesday for the long miserable drive
How long is long?
Old 27 Feb 2018, 17:50 (Ref:3804360)   #6
btracing82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
How long is long?
Not nearly as long as some but its about 13 hours last year the traffic was horrible especially coming home due to bike week in Daytona it took closer to 17 so im hoping it will be a little better this year but doubt it.
Old 27 Feb 2018, 17:53 (Ref:3804361)   #7
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Not nearly as long as some but its about 13 hours last year the traffic was horrible especially coming home due to bike week in Daytona it took closer to 17 so im hoping it will be a little better this year but doubt it.
Wow, good luck. Here in the UK the longest I've driven to a track is just under 5 hours!
Old 27 Feb 2018, 21:52 (Ref:3804410)   #8
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
going home last year was nuts.
I live in Atlanta and it usually takes close to 9 hours.
It seemed like there was a wreck every 1/2 mile and construction. It took us 12 hours to get back.
Old 27 Feb 2018, 23:27 (Ref:3804424)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
It seemed like there was a wreck every 1/2 mile and construction. It took us 12 hours to get back.
It was dreadful. Think Daytona Bike Week just wrapped up, too. I-75 N was bonkers. Was windy as hell too, iirc.
Old 28 Feb 2018, 06:53 (Ref:3804469)   #10
btracing82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
Interstate 95 was a complete disaster between Daytona and the North Carolina line there was a wreck and dead stopped and/or crawling it seemed like every 30 miles and that's not even getting into construction.
Old 4 Mar 2018, 08:52 (Ref:3805651)   #11
btracing82
Rookie

Where do you guys normally set up and hang out at?
Old 6 Mar 2018, 18:05 (Ref:3806317)   #12
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Skipping this year. More specifically, I'll be spelunking in a Tennessee cave with Troop 1 and son #1 and won't even be able to follow.

For the race last year, I missed the District Pinewood Derby, which son #2 placed 2nd for speed, I might add. Looking back, maybe I should have....eh, let's not do that. No regrets!

Anyone that does go, head to Turn 10 on Friday night and find the tent. I mean THE tent. And enjoy, Sebring.
I'll be missing as well, but only because of St Patty's Day parade in BR. It is a big day to get drunk here. imagine that....
Old 7 Mar 2018, 00:17 (Ref:3806393)   #13
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'll be missing as well, but only because of St Patty's Day parade in BR. It is a big day to get drunk here. imagine that....
All y'all do is find reasons to get drunk, sort of like Green Park. I need to visit BR one day. Too bad the Dawgs and Tiggers play each other in the wrong day!
Old 8 Mar 2018, 16:47 (Ref:3806885)   #14
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
Where do you guys normally set up and hang out at?
Old 9 Mar 2018, 19:21 (Ref:3807127)   #15
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
My buddies and I are heading down at the crack of dawn on Wednesday. Ours is a 9.5 hour drive. Hoping we get there in time for the historics race.

The rest of the local crew will arrive by Friday at the latest, total of 20-25 people in our camp.

We're just down the road from Scottyp, across from the restrooms towards the hairpin. I always fly a Michelin flag and an ALMS flag on my pathetic pvc flag poles. Do stop by if you're in the area.

Funny story. Several years ago I posted a similar message, here's our camp, stop by if you'd like. So on Thursday I think it was these two guys walk towards us in our camp looking all unsure and timid. I'm thinking who the heck are these guys? Then one of them is like, are you ATLFalconsFAN??? And I'm like yeah, what of it? I'd totally forgotten I'd told people to stop by. So it was a father and son (don't recall the son's username). It was their first time at Sebring and they really didn't know exactly what they should be doing, but they brought a tent and so we told them to put their tent next to us. The son was a fun, good guy, but it took a little while for him to get there. I felt like he was a bit shy. He had this long hair that he must have been working on for years, looked straight out of one of those old romance novels where the guy is sitting on a horse. It was either Friday or Saturday night, we'd all been drinking all day and were just hammered. So the kid exclaims, "Let's cut my hair!" We were like, not so sure you want to do that bud, seems like it's kinda your thing and you'll end up regretting it. But he insisted and said he knew what he was doing. Only problem then was that we did not have any scissors. We ended up chopping off like a foot or more of hair with a steak knife! Will never forget that. Surprisingly him and his dad showed up again next year, and then I saw them another time randomly at COTA.

So if you're reading this stop by again. If you need a haircut we can handle it!
Old 9 Mar 2018, 21:14 (Ref:3807147)   #16
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I won't be going this year, but found this news today and thought I would share: https://sebringraceway.com/news/295-...-on-the-midway
Old 9 Mar 2018, 21:44 (Ref:3807153)   #17
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Has anyone else noticed that there has suspiciously been no mention of the famed bikini contest on Saturday??? Not to say it is the greatest thing ever or worth missing any of the race for (I'll admit I did check it out for a bit for the first time last year), but usually they're hyping it up. Is this a case of the #metoo movement taking something from us?
Old 11 Mar 2018, 18:26 (Ref:3807387)   #18
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Has anyone else noticed that there has suspiciously been no mention of the famed bikini contest on Saturday??? Not to say it is the greatest thing ever or worth missing any of the race for (I'll admit I did check it out for a bit for the first time last year), but usually they're hyping it up. Is this a case of the #metoo movement taking something from us?
Even though I never go watch it, I'm sure it will still be going on.
Old 13 Mar 2018, 22:20 (Ref:3807805)   #19
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Anyone at the fan event in downtown Sebring? I usually don't bother with that type of stuff but I was planning on checking it out before getting caught up with other stuff today.

Looking forward to heading to the track early tomorrow. Lovely temperature for a Brit at the moment!
Old 15 Mar 2018, 21:17 (Ref:3808229)   #20
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post

Saturday. High noon. I think I've already crowned the winner.

Damn, I wish I was there!!!