Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Other 1 1.19%
Michael 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Jul 2013, 12:18 (Ref:3272352)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race - British Grand Prix

Who is the driver of the race ?

P.S.: Sorry for the delay. I went to watch the final match of the Confederations Cup.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 12:21 (Ref:3272355)   #2
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
where's the pole? i vote for barbeque.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 13:34 (Ref:3272388)   #3
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton for his great comeback. webbers was a good comeback but he the cause of his comeback was his poor start so doesn't deserve DotR imo.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 13:35 (Ref:3272390)   #4
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Alonso for avoiding Vergne, when the tyre blew!

Top marks to Vettel who did nothing wrong and Rosberg who inherited the win but drove superbly!
Old 1 Jul 2013, 13:36 (Ref:3272391)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
After watching it, I have to give it to Mark Webber.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 13:43 (Ref:3272396)   #6
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I wanted to give it to Rosberg but Vettel's gearbox gifted him that win.

The safety car had a lot to do with some success but I think Alonso's driving those last 7 laps clinched it for me.

HM - Hamilton

DHM - the FIA for not penalizing Rosberg for speeding under yellows. After the obvious advantage gained from the illegal tyre test and the lack of punishment given to Mercedes, it would have been a fair penalty (since it WAS the driver's fault) and would have gone a long way to show that the rules also apply to MB.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 13:44 (Ref:3272398)   #7
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with mattt on this one. Very good recovery drives from all of Webber, Massa and Hamilton, but Webber's situation was self-inflicted by a poor start and Lewis did a little better than Felipe.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 13:49 (Ref:3272400)   #8
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a marshal I'm usually very pleased to hear of drivers being punished for yellow flag infringements. In this case I was one of the marshals on the inside of that section - it didn't appear that anyone else was going any slower either. It's probably an interpretation over did he lift sufficiently.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 14:05 (Ref:3272411)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Webber for me.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3272429)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hamilton.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 14:40 (Ref:3272435)   #11
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Action of the last laps made me to define Webber.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 14:52 (Ref:3272439)   #12
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Alonso just about I think.

Good drive from Di Resta again too, recovered to get some points after the qualifying debacle (shouldn't have had a dump before qualifying Paul ).

Webber drove well after the first lap but he had it in reverse again at the start so he's off the list straight away
Old 1 Jul 2013, 14:57 (Ref:3272440)   #13
kartincolin
Rookie

Ireland
Cavan, Ireland
kartincolin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkartincolin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Webber was phenomenal at the end, but such a miserable start makes side with Hamilton. Vettel drove a great race whilst he was still mobile.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 15:05 (Ref:3272442)   #14
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Chilton, for providing entertainment in his ding-dong battle down the back. How he and GvdG didn't get into each other, lap after lap, going round Luffield I am at a loss to explain.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 15:06 (Ref:3272444)   #15
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi. I can't think of a reason.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 16:16 (Ref:3272478)   #16
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm glad to see that nobody voted for Nico thus far. If they had, I'd have to form a lynch mob. Sure, he won, but he didn't do anything to get the win so much as inherit it after poor luck with the faster drivers.

I voted for Lewis, as he first took the pole and then managed to build enough of a lead on Vettel that Vettel couldn't really do anything, and then after his tire failure demoted him to last place was still able to finish just off of the podium.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 16:48 (Ref:3272501)   #17
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Difficult to vote because safety cars bunched up the cars twice. Voted for Ricciardo. He must be favourite for that Red Bull seat. Very impressive if ultimately let down by a car that is not anywhere near as quick as some of those he overtook and battled with.

Good comeback from Hamilton, although it was safety car assisted. Webber let down by gearbox glitch, but did also well to comeback. Good battles all down the field.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 18:00 (Ref:3272541)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Kimi. I can't think of a reason.
You don't normally need one......
Old 1 Jul 2013, 18:16 (Ref:3272549)   #19
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Felipe Massa; Did you see his start? He passed Alonso off the line with two wheels on the grass! From 12th on the grid to 5th at the end of the lap, all this after another practice shunt, and losing a whole session due to an engine change. Recovered to sixth from dead last behind the safety car, Hammy 'only' dropped to 18th, when his tyre blew.

When Massa is at his best he is a match for Fernando.

Good drives from Hamilton/Sutil/Alonso/Ricciardo.

One man's opinion.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3272556)   #20
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hamilton for me.
Great Q lap, was doing well until the pucture and even after that he was fantastic to watch.

- Webber also good, but not impressive at all considering he was beaten in Q by Vettel again (8/8) and was far behind him in the race until the German's mechanical failure.
- Alonso did well too after Ferrari let him down on Saturday, but had an average start of the race (considering how well Massa did) and struggled with Ricciardo too many laps in my opinion.
- Massa was great too until the puncture, impressive start, but then with the car damaged and all it's hard to tell how good he was.
- Ricciardo should be mentioned too. My favbourite for Webber's seat, and now that the pressure is higher than ever to get it he delivered. STR have improved but still good performance.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 19:15 (Ref:3272574)   #21
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has to be Massa. Driver of the weekend is probably Hamilton, but driver of the day/race (Sunday) is Massa. 12th to 4th, then a tire blowup at the worst possible moment (mid-corner early in the lap), then coming from last to 6th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
Hamilton for me.

- Massa was great too until the puncture, impressive start, but then with the car damaged and all it's hard to tell how good he was.
So you're telling me that doing the exact same thing Hamilton did, but with a slower car and possible damage, is less impressive? What?

Last edited by Beryl; 1 Jul 2013 at 19:23.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 20:28 (Ref:3272611)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan_PJN View Post
I'm glad to see that nobody voted for Nico thus far. If they had, I'd have to form a lynch mob.
Oops.
Quote:
Sure, he won, but he didn't do anything to get the win so much as inherit it after poor luck with the faster drivers.
True, but you provided a much greater reason to vote for Nico.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 21:41 (Ref:3272642)   #23
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Has to be Massa. Driver of the weekend is probably Hamilton, but driver of the day/race (Sunday) is Massa. 12th to 4th, then a tire blowup at the worst possible moment (mid-corner early in the lap), then coming from last to 6th.

So you're telling me that doing the exact same thing Hamilton did, but with a slower car and possible damage, is less impressive? What?
Ferrari is slower in qualifying, but not on Sundays.
I don't know, maybe it's because they showed more Lewis on TV, or because we've seen this season so many times the Ferraris crushing the competition coming from behind with an incredible race pace, the opposite of Mercedes who normally fall back.
But that was my impression, and obviously I may be wrong. Just an opinion.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 22:01 (Ref:3272651)   #24
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mark , was gonna vote Lewis or Felipe but could not decide so went for Mark for his monster charge at the end , 2 more laps and I think he would have been in the middle of the podium . Kudos to Fernando 8th on lap 46 to finish 3rd , Daniel R conducted his interview pretty well . And a pat on the back for Seb for breaking his box of cogs and spicing the championship up a bit !
Old 1 Jul 2013, 22:03 (Ref:3272653)   #25
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Hamilton. He drove away from Vettel. Then passed people on his way to 4th on hard tires. Mind you Webber voters, he was on the mediums along with Alonso, yet only was able to about match or slightly better Rosberg, who like Hamilton was on the Hards! Then you saw Hamilton was able to catch Alonso and finish 7tenths behind him. Also before Vettel retired, Rosberg had closed the gap from 4 seconds to 2 seconds after Vettels pitstop which was 2.6 seconds compared to 3.2 for Rosberg. So on pace alone Rosberg and Hamilton were the fastest cars. Thats why my vote is Hamilton and Rosberg would be 2nd.