Van Der Garde 0 0%
Chilton 0 0%
Other 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Jul 2013, 20:23 (Ref:3275015)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Race - German GP

The driver of the race.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 20:32 (Ref:3275021)   #2
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I've only seen the BBC highlights, but I reckon Webber deserves it for a great comeback drive, to finish only 37 seconds down after the pit-stop debacle. Obviously the SC helped, but he must have really put his head down and gone for it.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 20:35 (Ref:3275024)   #3
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel.

unabashedvettelfandisclosure
Old 7 Jul 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3275025)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is it OK if I vote for Michael?
Old 7 Jul 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3275045)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Raikkonen. Just a shame he didn't have another couple of laps.......
Old 7 Jul 2013, 21:00 (Ref:3275054)   #6
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Great stuff from Seb:

Blew past Lewis at the start , got past Mark, held off Romain, then Kimi on faster rubber without KERS at one point, lost a bigger advantage due to a SC, had a jittery pit crew, all with the added pressure of wanting so badly to win his home GP.

He kept his cool, and fought hard the entire race. Just like Silverstone, a few more laps may have changed the ending but he was flawless and well deserving...

...even though I was rooting for Alonso who gets HM.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 21:04 (Ref:3275058)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh gawd, not that picture again........
Old 7 Jul 2013, 21:08 (Ref:3275065)   #8
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Old 7 Jul 2013, 21:51 (Ref:3275084)   #9
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Go ahead, you are so funny...
Old 7 Jul 2013, 21:54 (Ref:3275085)   #10
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I voted Grosjean as he outperformed his teammate, but Vettel is much deserving as well.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 22:03 (Ref:3275090)   #11
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Raikkonen. Just a shame he didn't have another couple of laps.......
Maybe even a couple of extra laps would not change anything... Soft tyres had already started falling in performance on Kimi's car while Vettel was constantly improving his pace. Seb did his personal best on the penultimate lap, Kimi was already slowing down the lap before. (same pattern shown on the Grosjean/Alonso comparison)

Old 7 Jul 2013, 22:55 (Ref:3275106)   #12
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I've only seen the BBC highlights, but I reckon Webber deserves it for a great comeback drive, to finish only 37 seconds down after the pit-stop debacle. Obviously the SC helped, but he must have really put his head down and gone for it.
THe is the problems with highlights, it could have been a great drive if he was able to clear the Sauber of Gutierrez after the safety car but he lost at least 5 laps, if he cleared and the way he was driving he may have been 4th or 5th, that would have been worthy.

Spritle, Seb never passed Webber, the got side by side but Seb always had the line, well controlled race for him but it was all management after the pitstop shenanigans

I went the other Lotus driver who towed the company line, too bad he only gets 1 race out of 4 right
Old 7 Jul 2013, 22:57 (Ref:3275108)   #13
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
jsTrecu, Where did you get the graphic? I'd love to see full laptimes for everyone through the race.

DOTR I agree Vettel. He'd already built up a full pit stop over Alonso and almost Raikkonen, so to me the race was between Vettel and Grosjean. Both did a good job, but I think Lotus was a bit quicker and better on it's tyres, and he managed to hold them off despite 2 different strategies. Webber spent a large portion of the race unable to pass even Guttierez while Vettel did have to make a number of pit-stop-overlap passes.

But anyway the top 4 all drove top races. I'm surprised Alonso hung in there at the end too, after pitting so early.

Who else hmmm Button did pretty well to stay within a second of Hamilton, Hulkenberg dragged the Sauber to 10th.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 23:04 (Ref:3275110)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
'Michael' Vettel?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Jul 2013, 23:18 (Ref:3275121)   #15
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Grosjean for me. Seb did a great job under constant pressure and with the "German GP" & "July win" monkeys on his back but a strong race by a usually erratic driver is the thing that stands out to me.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 23:34 (Ref:3275136)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Sebastian is a class act...
Old 8 Jul 2013, 02:23 (Ref:3275172)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Sebastian is a class act...
I have to agree.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 02:26 (Ref:3275176)   #18
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi of course. If he had radio comms he would have probably stayed out with the same tires and won the race.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 02:51 (Ref:3275187)   #19
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By the way, I thought it was funny when that kraut guy asked Vettel about Kimi being his team mate next year...
Old 8 Jul 2013, 05:22 (Ref:3275208)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
after his minor set back in the pits webber still managed to get some points good drive through the pack to recover
Old 8 Jul 2013, 05:44 (Ref:3275213)   #21
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Vettel for me.

Question:

What happened to Massa? I can't believe he just dropped it, he spun before the corner, and then the anti-stall also just happened not to work! My money is that something seized! Any ideas?
Old 8 Jul 2013, 07:59 (Ref:3275258)   #22
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
jsTrecu, Where did you get the graphic? I'd love to see full laptimes for everyone through the race.

DOTR I agree Vettel. He'd already built up a full pit stop over Alonso and almost Raikkonen, so to me the race was between Vettel and Grosjean. Both did a good job, but I think Lotus was a bit quicker and better on it's tyres, and he managed to hold them off despite 2 different strategies. Webber spent a large portion of the race unable to pass even Guttierez while Vettel did have to make a number of pit-stop-overlap passes.

But anyway the top 4 all drove top races. I'm surprised Alonso hung in there at the end too, after pitting so early.

Who else hmmm Button did pretty well to stay within a second of Hamilton, Hulkenberg dragged the Sauber to 10th.
http://en.mclarenf-1.com/
FIA website also have pdf files with lap info HERE. (Timing Information)
Old 8 Jul 2013, 08:12 (Ref:3275271)   #23
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Could have given it to any of the top three. Decided on Grosjean, because it was his best race of the year so far.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 08:35 (Ref:3275281)   #24
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grosjean for me I think. Showed that he has still got the guts to go racing well and is still man enough to be a good team player. Don't forget, folks, team orders are allowed and Kimi is the one who has a chance of winning the drivers' championship. Having said which, Kimi did pull away from Romain at a heck of a rate once past him.

On Massa, Autosport are reporting that he's acknowledged the spin was his own fault but that his gearbox then malfunctioned.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108659
Old 8 Jul 2013, 10:23 (Ref:3275311)   #25
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
can't help but think ferrari are testing some sort of shenanigans on massa's car. isn't it odd how he's had 3, maybe 4 fairly similar accidents now?

i don't really have a standout driver of the race. kimi and vettel both did excellent jobs, and grosjean was very good as well. demonstrates how good he is once he's at the front of the field, but in the middle it starts to go a bit awry.

tempted to give it to hulkenberg though - second points finish in a row in a sauber that's not really a top 10 car? q3 on saturday? that's pretty impressive. he might not be having fun but i think he's doing his reputation no end of good this year.