Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 30 Apr 2007, 20:31 (Ref:1903721)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Where is this?

A quick, fun (?) quiz question (not for prize, yours or mine):

Where are these pictures taken, and what are they of?

There has been some editing, just to remove (small clues).
Attached Thumbnails
1.JPG   2.JPG   3.JPG  

Old 30 Apr 2007, 20:45 (Ref:1903739)   #2
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donington collection?
Old 30 Apr 2007, 20:48 (Ref:1903746)   #3
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Easy...(i think)

Nürburgring, Juan Manuel Fangio statue

(unless there is a similar structure behind the statue in Buenos Aires)
Old 30 Apr 2007, 20:58 (Ref:1903755)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickkicker
Donington collection?
I couldn't find my picture of that statue, but a quick internet search returned this small picture of Alex Lloyd with that statue of Senna and Fangio:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/derby/content/a..._feature.shtml
No, it isn't that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
Nürburgring, Juan Manuel Fangio statue
Partly right...
Old 30 Apr 2007, 21:04 (Ref:1903760)   #5
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And then I realised I missed that particular statue where I took a picture myself...Monte Carlo, Ste. Devote corner

Last edited by Marcel ten Caat; 30 Apr 2007 at 21:11.
Old 30 Apr 2007, 21:06 (Ref:1903763)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Ah, now you are 2/3rds right!
Old 30 Apr 2007, 21:11 (Ref:1903766)   #7
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Ok, I give up Pretty sure it was the Ste. Devote corner.
Old 30 Apr 2007, 21:59 (Ref:1903792)   #8
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Its the Fangio statue outside the Erlebniswelt Museum at the Nurburgring with a Mercedes W196 Grand Prix car from 1955.
Old 30 Apr 2007, 22:01 (Ref:1903794)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Correct, but Stranger has done twice as well as you
Old 30 Apr 2007, 22:08 (Ref:1903798)   #10
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Adam, there is one in Buenos Aires but it doesn't have a corrigated roof near it and that amount of foilage! Thank you!
Old 30 Apr 2007, 22:15 (Ref:1903804)   #11
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
rcarr: my first guess was Nurburgring as well, with the grey background looking like the Erlebniswelt.

But looking at it again it looks like the statue that is placed in Monaco and the greyish item is a barrier. I thought it was in the Ste. Devote, but that is a different car.

This one is on the other side of the straight, pit in. Avenue du Port - Boulevard Albert 1er crossing.

Right?
Old 30 Apr 2007, 22:15 (Ref:1903805)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr
Adam, there is one in Buenos Aires but it doesn't have a corrigated roof near it and that amount of foilage! Thank you!
I will double check where I took these three photos, but you are still only partly right. Thanks!
Old 30 Apr 2007, 22:19 (Ref:1903807)   #13
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Quote:
rcarr: my first guess was Nurburgring as well, with the grey background looking like the Erlebniswelt.

But looking at it again it looks like the statue that is placed in Monaco and the greyish item is a barrier. I thought it was in the Ste. Devote, but that is a different car.

This one is on the other side of the straight, pit in. Avenue du Port - Boulevard Albert 1er crossing.

Right?
The one at Ste. Devote:

he has a straighter arm at the one at the Nurburg. The 1st 1 must be Monace and nos 2 and 3 are the Nurburg. The one at Ste. Devote is more oxidised and is greener whereas the one at the Nurburg is better maintained (good one you fellow Germans) and is still closer to the bronze colour.

Last edited by rcarr; 30 Apr 2007 at 22:22.
Old 30 Apr 2007, 22:21 (Ref:1903809)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:

Right?
Nurburgring (outside the Museum) is correct!
Boulevard Albert, Monaco is correct!
Buenos Aires is wrong!

Yes, the pictures are from three different locations.
Old 30 Apr 2007, 22:22 (Ref:1903811)   #15
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
LOL
Old 30 Apr 2007, 22:26 (Ref:1903814)   #16
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
3rd one, Brooklands?
Old 30 Apr 2007, 22:36 (Ref:1903821)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Good guess as MB World is right next door to the Brooklands Museum and is built on the old circuit. However I didn't see one there when I was there on Friday. I guess it is inappropriate as Fangio never raced there.

The first is Monaco, the second Monza and the third is, as you said, Nurburgring. I apologise for the deceit.

The reason for the thread was to ask how many of these statues are there? I have learnt that there are at least four now that I know there is one in Buenos Aires. These four are all at places he has raced and won. Although he never won Monaco in a Mercedes.

Are there any more?
Old 30 Apr 2007, 22:57 (Ref:1903830)   #18
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
I think there maybe one outside the Mercedes Museum in Stuttgart.

I went last summer but was quickly ushered out by the bouncers because my fiancee and I had turned up on the thursday before the German GP. As things were being explained to us, we were passed by Kimi Raikonnen, Gary Paffett, Norbert Haug, Ron Dennis and Pedro dela Rosa.

It clicked and I apologized and went out the door!
Old 1 May 2007, 06:29 (Ref:1903924)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I nearly went to the museum, but time was tight and we pushed on to Hockenheim for the DTM. As far as I know there isn't one at Hockenheim!

So that might be five...