Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 8 Nov 2015, 21:25 (Ref:3589095)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New Year Rallycross Charity Challenge - Lydden Hill

Just spotted this on Facebook, so I thought I'd post it up here for anyone who hasn't seen it. The British Rallycross Championship have announced a charity rallycross event on Saturday 2nd January. Details from Facebook are as follows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Rallycross Championship Facebook
Lydden Hill is all set for New Year Rallycross Charity Challenge

Lydden Hill, 7th November - Calling all rallycross teams and fans; how would you like to beat the winter blues, race into the new-year in style, and raise money for charity? Then head down to Lydden Hill Race Circuit for the Rallycross Charity Challenge on Saturday 2nd January 2016.
Set to showcase an action packed day of competition from classes normally featured in the acclaimed MSA British Rallycross Championship, as well presenting a unique opportunity to raise money for Cancer Research UK, the date is one not to be missed.

“Lydden Hill be kicking off the new year in style, and what better way to do it than to raise money for charity,” said the new circuit Manager Paul Robinson. “The New Year rallycross bash event has been a favorite in previous years, so we wanted to revive it, and use it as an opportunity to give something back at the same time. Therefore throughout the day, money will raised for a worthy cause.

“It’ll hopefully be a great day - we’re aiming to get a full range of classes along that normally race in the British Championship, so there will be a chance for as many drivers as possible to get out there and mix it up. 2016 is a big year for Lydden Hill, and this is the perfect way to start things off.”

If the on track action wasn’t enough, there will also be a charity raffle of exclusive merchandise and prizes, open to all on the day. As an officially sanctioned MSA event, the Lydden Hill Rallycross Charity Challenge is also an opportunity for newly licensed drivers to gain competition experience, and a qualifying signature, ahead of the British Championship, which traditionally starts in early March.

Competition entries have opened today at £175 per driver. To secure your place, and for any further information, please contact: info@lyddenhill.co.uk.

Gates open to the public at 09:00am, with spectator tickets available on the day, or in advance via info@lyddenhill.co.uk
Old 8 Nov 2015, 22:00 (Ref:3589101)   #2
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Take it all gate receipts go to cancer research?
Old 18 Nov 2015, 09:16 (Ref:3591218)   #3
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby View Post
Take it all gate receipts go to cancer research?
No idea on that! I assume some money will end up going to the track?

I believe there will be auctions taking place during the day with the proceeds going to Cancer Research.

Even flyer doing the rounds on Facebook:

Old 19 Nov 2015, 18:13 (Ref:3591542)   #4
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
Seen it's been advertised via the FIA WorldRX website. Will the cars be back from Argentina by then (assume they'll be shipped back rather than air freighted)? A few made it to Lydden at the end of the season last year for the Top Gear episode so here's hoping.
Old 20 Nov 2015, 12:35 (Ref:3591713)   #5
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Seen it's been advertised via the FIA WorldRX website. Will the cars be back from Argentina by then (assume they'll be shipped back rather than air freighted)? A few made it to Lydden at the end of the season last year for the Top Gear episode so here's hoping.
I have my fingers crossed! Albatec aren't going to Argentina, so hopefully at least their cars and the other UK regulars will be present.

I would think the Solberg DS3 will be heading back to the UK post-Argentina (in preparation for the Autosport show). Unlikely, but would be a pretty cool guest driver if someone could talk him into it!
Old 20 Nov 2015, 16:05 (Ref:3591755)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I hope this does go ahead and get a decent turnout - the old winter series events were good fun to watch (although usually bloody cold! )
Old 20 Nov 2015, 19:06 (Ref:3591800)   #7
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
Doesn't Solberg turn out a Xsara for those events? Also with his car and transporter up for sale probably no rush to get it back. Could also use Liam's DS3 considering they're supposed to be a team this year (SDRX)
Old 20 Nov 2015, 19:08 (Ref:3591801)   #8
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
Would be good to see Tohill shakedown his new OMSE Fiesta too and hope for a few Belgians to pop over. Strangely missed Jos Jansen this year at Lydden
Old 20 Nov 2015, 22:31 (Ref:3591838)   #9
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I hope this does go ahead and get a decent turnout - the old winter series events were good fun to watch (although usually bloody cold! )
Yeah, the last winter rounds at Lydden were bloody freezing! Still, that's the price of having the wait for more rallycross reduced.

Quote:
Doesn't Solberg turn out a Xsara for those events? Also with his car and transporter up for sale probably no rush to get it back. Could also use Liam's DS3 considering they're supposed to be a team this year (SDRX)
I think Solberg had his DS3 on static display at Birmingham last year and he used the Xsara for the live shows?
Old 20 Nov 2015, 22:41 (Ref:3591840)   #10
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I think Solberg had his DS3 on static display at Birmingham last year and he used the Xsara for the live shows?
That is correct.
Old 13 Dec 2015, 11:18 (Ref:3597470)   #11
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
According to posts on Facebook this event has now been cancelled due to lack of entries. Gutted, as I was rather looking forward to some rallycross so early in the year!
Old 14 Dec 2015, 17:35 (Ref:3597736)   #12
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
According to posts on Facebook this event has now been cancelled due to lack of entries. Gutted, as I was rather looking forward to some rallycross so early in the year!
Not surprised! I only heard this was happening today... and now it isn't! It is a great idea but it needs to be marketed properly. If hard-core fans hadn't heard about it there's not much chance of anyone else finding out...
Old 14 Dec 2015, 20:29 (Ref:3597781)   #13
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
The Lydden Facebook page makes mention of a rallycross track day on the 3rd, so there might be something to watch early in the year.