Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 17 Jan 2016, 22:55 (Ref:3605746)   #1
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British Rally Championship

Six weeks away from the start of the born-again BRC, anyone heard anything about who might be taking part?
Old 17 Jan 2016, 23:24 (Ref:3605760)   #2
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not that into BRC but might be more interesting now with a "real" championship. When I want to get an overview of different motorsport championships I go to Wikipedia, very good place to read about teams and drivers taking part in different motorsports.

Anyways, I saw that Elfyn Evans was in an R5 Fiesta entered by M-Sport and also Max Vatanen taking part but no car is written. There is no information on how many rounds from them both, just that they entered.
Old 18 Jan 2016, 00:54 (Ref:3605779)   #3
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
16 entries on the Wikipedia page, although that includes a driver/co-driver with no car, and a car with no driver.
Old 18 Jan 2016, 08:57 (Ref:3605836)   #4
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is quite an active thread on the subject over on the British Rally forum (http://www.britishrally.co.uk/forum/)

Some decent names in the confirmed entry though, including Elfyn Evans and Max Vatanen, plus interest from other UK regulars like John Indri and Damian Cole... seems like they have made the most of the year off as it looks like there really is a lot of interest in the renewed Championship.

Just a shame that there are no local events for us Southerners!
Old 18 Jan 2016, 08:59 (Ref:3605837)   #5
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're right! Apparently there were two pages and I was looking at the wrong one
Old 18 Jan 2016, 10:33 (Ref:3605867)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I think the BRC is certainly looking a lot more interesting this year - mostly down to the cars it has to be said - the Fiesta and Fabia both look pretty good. Good to see there is the Toyota GT86 getting a run in the championship too - modern RWD machinery that's rally ready is pretty rare!
Old 19 Jan 2016, 01:41 (Ref:3606067)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That forum is a total joke
You can not register if you use yahoo or gmail email addresses!

Mr Cole is a dangerous person, just so some searching, always throwin his weight around.
Old 24 Jan 2016, 17:56 (Ref:3607649)   #8
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post

Just a shame that there are no local events for us Southerners!
I had hoped that when they got through primary legislation for closed-road motorsport we might have got a closed road tarmac event somewhere is the Midlands/South.

Good to see the BRC back though.
Old 24 Jan 2016, 21:58 (Ref:3607735)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think you are a long way off being able to close roads in the South, the uproar among locals would be catastrophic!

perhaps the odd place in the North, Lincolnshire, Norfolk, but never the South, to many naysayers and nimbys.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 22:13 (Ref:3607973)   #10
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I think you are a long way off being able to close roads in the South, the uproar among locals would be catastrophic!

perhaps the odd place in the North, Lincolnshire, Norfolk, but never the South, to many naysayers and nimbys.
I know the Rally of the Midlands is an official MSA candidate event for closed roads but nothing will happen before 2017. There is quite a lot of very rural bits of countryside on the Staffs/Leics border and Leics/Rutland/Northants border so I guess that's where they are thinking of holding stages. It is not strictly 'the South' but very good location for the M1 and A1.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 09:45 (Ref:3608064)   #11
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
I had hoped that when they got through primary legislation for closed-road motorsport we might have got a closed road tarmac event somewhere is the Midlands/South.
I was hoping that the Rallye Sunseeker/Rallye Dorset might make a return. Sadly it looks like that won't be coming back which is a shame, as I've had a couple of goods days at that over the years.
Old 27 Jan 2016, 09:30 (Ref:3608371)   #12
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Some more good news for the British Championship:

http://www.msabrc.com/channel-4-and-...-championship/

Tv coverage on both Channel 4 and BT sport
Old 27 Jan 2016, 10:30 (Ref:3608391)   #13
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news! Now let's hope they promote the coverage - interest in rallying in the UK has fallen alarmingly in the last 10-15 years. It's going take a while to build up a decent audience.

Roll on the first round; the Mid Wales stages.
Old 27 Jan 2016, 11:10 (Ref:3608406)   #14
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Some more good news for the British Championship:

http://www.msabrc.com/channel-4-and-...-championship/

Tv coverage on both Channel 4 and BT sport
That's excellent news. Will be nice to be able to keep tabs on the Championship without having to trawl the net for coverage!

Tom Cave and Euan Thorburn now confirmed for the whole Championship as well.