Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Which Pairing Is Going To Win Bathurst?
#1 - Winterbottom/Canto - The Bottle O PRA Ford 4 7.55%
#2 - Tander/Luff - Shark Bite HRT Holden 1 1.89%
#3 - Heimgartner/A.Russell - Plus Fitness LDM Holden 0 0%
#4 - Davies/van der Drift - Ultra Air Erebus Holden 0 0%
#6 - Waters/Le Brocq - Monster Energy PRA Ford 0 0%
#7 - T.Kelly/Campbell - CarSales NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#8 - Bright/A.Jones - BOC BJR Holden 0 0%
#9 - Reynolds/Baird - Penrite Erebus Holden 1 1.89%
#12 - Coulthard/Youlden - Shell V-Power DJRTP Ford 4 7.55%
#14 - Slade/Walsh - Freightliner BJR Holden 1 1.89%
#15 - R.Kelly/Ingall - Sengled NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#17 - Pye/D'Alberto - Shell V-Power DJRTP Ford 1 1.89%
#18 - Holdsworth/Reindler - Preston Hire WP Holden 0 0%
#19 - Davison/Webb - Darrell Lea Tekno Holden 0 0%
#21 - Blanchard/M.Jones - Cooldrive Distribution BJR Holden 1 1.89%
#22 - Courtney/Perkins - Shark Bite HRT Holden 2 3.77%
#23 - Caruso/Fiore - Nissan NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#33 - McLaughlin/Wall - Wilson Security GRM Volvo 3 5.66%
#34 - Moffat/Golding - Wilson Security GRM Volvo 0 0%
#55 - Mostert/Owen - SuperCheap Auto PRA Ford 3 5.66%
#88 - Whincup/Dumbrell - Red Bull 888 Holden 8 15.09%
#96 - Wood/D.Russell - GB Galvanising NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#97 - van Gisbergen/Premat - Red Bull 888 Holden 15 28.30%
#111 - Pither/Stanaway - IceBreak PRA Ford 0 0%
#222 - Percat/McConville - Clipsal 500 LDM Holden 0 0%
#888 - Lowndes/Richards - Caltex Vortex 888 Holden 8 15.09%
#360 - De Silvestro/Gracie - Harvey Norman NisMoAu Nissan 1 1.89%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Oct 2016, 05:36 (Ref:3678034)   #101
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
SO far car 888 isn't doing much
Old 7 Oct 2016, 05:40 (Ref:3678035)   #102
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rear damper change for 888

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 7 Oct 2016, 06:00 (Ref:3678037)   #103
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Anyone else noticed how good young M Jones has been running? Quicker than Timmy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 7 Oct 2016, 07:44 (Ref:3678057)   #104
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
DeSilvestro with about a 300 metre tyre lock up.
SdS was apparently in the process of logging a low 7 laptime, according to Ms Gracie.

Old 7 Oct 2016, 07:54 (Ref:3678061)   #105
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
...perhaps his last ever shot as lead driver at Bathurst too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwhk View Post
Anyone else noticed how good young M Jones has been running? Quicker than Timmy.
The way young M Jones has been running I think Bright should retire and put Macaulay in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
SdS was apparently in the process of logging a low 7 laptime, according to Ms Gracie.
I didn't see the timing but looked like she was well wide and braked way too late, as quite a few have done today, she had so much speed on she was still braking in the sand trap, which is why she didn't get out.
Old 7 Oct 2016, 07:58 (Ref:3678063)   #106
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
[QUOTE=Mixer;3678061]The way young M Jones has been running I think Bright should retire and put Macaulay in the car.

It's just a shame the 21 is a pay seat, it'd be nice if they were able to have it fully funded and have 3 competitive cars.
Old 7 Oct 2016, 10:09 (Ref:3678082)   #107
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

I actually wondered if something had failed in the front end.. the lhs front wheel flopped funny when it was was locked, like a damper or upright broke or something..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 7 Oct 2016, 10:11 (Ref:3678083)   #108
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
The way young M Jones has been running I think Bright should retire and put Macaulay in the car.
He will be retiring, but not with that replacement..
Old 7 Oct 2016, 10:40 (Ref:3678088)   #109
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Looks tough...!
Old 7 Oct 2016, 11:41 (Ref:3678099)   #110
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shame they couldn't get the red pinstripe and the blue sections to line up straight.
Old 7 Oct 2016, 14:08 (Ref:3678129)   #111
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Yeah, that Nissan looks incredible.

Should be the full time scheme, imo.
Old 7 Oct 2016, 20:27 (Ref:3678232)   #112
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It's cold here again.. perfect for turbo engines, and/or ones with clever fuel/air mapping... why did they move away from the 10am shootouts?
Old 7 Oct 2016, 22:33 (Ref:3678256)   #113
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very interesting that while only Saturday morning, Natsoft has already had 44,000 views for the Bathurst weekend.
Old 7 Oct 2016, 22:36 (Ref:3678257)   #114
STEVO
Veteran

STEVO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's cold here again.. perfect for turbo engines, and/or ones with clever fuel/air mapping... why did they move away from the 10am shootouts?
I used to love the 10am shoot out and THEN the 60 min free kick practice in the arvo. Then they swapped it.

Ratings, ratings, ratings.
Old 7 Oct 2016, 22:39 (Ref:3678259)   #115
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I can remember one year with 10am shootout and they broadcast it late afternoon pretending it was live.

The problem was they interrupted the broadcast for a news update told us that Gardner had got pole, even though shootout broadcast was only half way through.

Talk about the left hand not telling the right hand what they were doing....

I think reason for 10am shootout was to allow time for repairs before Sunday race.

Today the shootout starts at 5:10pm, but now they have a cast of thousands to repair them.
Old 7 Oct 2016, 23:26 (Ref:3678260)   #116
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVO View Post
I used to love the 10am shoot out and THEN the 60 min free kick practice in the arvo. Then they swapped it.

Ratings, ratings, ratings.
Terry S is on the money - the change was made to manage fatigue with the teams.

As only 10 cars are in the shootout, the rest would spent all Saturday at the track for a late practice session then very late or all night putting in race engines etc. Back then the teams were in pit bunkers with sheds, tents etc out the back so it would take a while to get all the gear back to the tent to even start work.

By running the P session earlier, the majority of teams could get the work done, get a little sleep and be back at the track at 5:00 AM ready for the race morning warm up.

Moving the shootout to the afternoon was a by-product but of course network 10 loved the idea and it WAS good for ratings - can't see it reverting personally.

These days, with garages on pit lane, later start on Sunday and larger head counts for the teams, the timing of the session would probably be less of an issue but that is why the change was made at the time.
Old 8 Oct 2016, 00:55 (Ref:3678271)   #117
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Looked like it was really only Prodrive playing for times in the warmup..
Old 8 Oct 2016, 01:18 (Ref:3678275)   #118
Umai Naa
Veteran

Impending rain in the shootout probably negates any need to go all-out in that session.
Old 8 Oct 2016, 01:31 (Ref:3678278)   #119
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Impending rain in the shootout probably negates any need to go all-out in that session.
Doesn't feel like it will rain.. and there is blue sky around.. gotten significantly cooler however
Old 8 Oct 2016, 01:41 (Ref:3678279)   #120
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Looked like it was really only Prodrive playing for times in the warmup..
I wondered why no one else had a crack. Thought maybe comfortable with setup, impending rain or only one set of greens left?

Love the extra codriver session's and larger tyre bank. Yesterday's codriver session was a cracker with some of the times being pumped out on greens. Years ago it was rare for the codriver to get greens.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk
Old 8 Oct 2016, 01:45 (Ref:3678280)   #121
Umai Naa
Veteran

Amateur hour at HNSG:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/10/08/...ded-5000-fine/

Borrowed an Audi-liveried truck from MPC. Forgot to ask to be excused from the transporter parade for said livery.
Old 8 Oct 2016, 02:31 (Ref:3678282)   #122
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What kind of moron of a team manager doesn't at least ask for formal permission instead of just assuming it'll be okay? Bizarre.
Old 8 Oct 2016, 02:42 (Ref:3678284)   #123
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wow, Steve Owen's moment at the top, very nearly an expensive repair job!

Also feeling for Simona and Renee, with Russell Ingall's comments about the straight line speed deficit of the Nissan, could be a long day when those girls don't have the experience to drive so hard at the top as Caruso is doing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 8 Oct 2016, 02:59 (Ref:3678288)   #124
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
[VASC16R25] SuperCheap Auto Bathurst 1000: 6-9 Oct (WITH POLL)

Quote:
Amateur hour at HNSG:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/10/08/...ded-5000-fine/

Borrowed an Audi-liveried truck from MPC. Forgot to ask to be excused from the transporter parade for said livery.

Should've rolled up in the Audi liveried rig anyway and showed the crowd what a real supercar looks like :P

I jest people-put the pitchforks down.

I've finished my Saturday morning shift and from now on its all about Bathurst til Sunday night. This race never ceases to enthrall me. Can't wait.
Old 8 Oct 2016, 03:04 (Ref:3678289)   #125
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Meantime, the clouds are gone & its gotten hot again...