Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 14 Nov 2003, 17:15 (Ref:783438)   #76
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Redracer57
We would cover all the FF1600 Championships (NOT Zetecs) SWFF, SOM, NWFF, CCFF, Classics and Historics (r they not the same?)

Each club would need 2 members to the production team. One as the driver rep/chairman of the Championship for example Diz in NWFF or Peter Daly in the SOM etc (if they were keen) and each championship would then have a website manager for example Paul Rayner in the NWFF and Ian for the SOM etc. They would be responsible for updating news, results and pictures as soon as possible after each race. THIS IS KEY. An updated site is a USED site. If it is not updated people will stop using it and it will fail. The website would then have to be designed to include a CMS system (Content Management System). This would allow the web editor for each championship an ultra easy way of up dating the info which can be used on any computer with an internet connection.

We would then have other areas of the site such as -

Entry Details, For Sale, News, Forum, Billboard, "Live" MST timings (TBC).
Time for me to put my worth in from my part-time web site making experience.
Sounds like this will be part-time for lots of people, which may make it difficult to keep it up-to-date with too much information. Because of this I would be wary of trying to run before you crawl.

Entry details are simple - a link to the right place on the organiser's web site, for sale details could be good, but would need to be very regularly updated (another source of income maybe?), forum and billboard - isn't that the same, basically this place? Live MST times I would think would be quite expensive (and besides, are many people really going to watch other regional championships live on MST?)

Reports would be simple enough - get someone along to the races, and write stuff - but this would have to be impartial, not influenced by championship organisers. Another thing that was mentioned was pictures - that could be good, but you'd need to find a photographer for each championship that could supply same-day photos to the site in an alright size, perhaps they could then sell the full-size ones through the site?
Old 14 Nov 2003, 18:00 (Ref:783463)   #77
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1.) Ian, PM's have been sent.
2.) If a few people from each championship are included as suggested so there is multiple people there and then 1 of them updates it it should be fine.
3.) I know Jeff Glendall from www.autoimages.co.uk covers all the combe races and a few other ones I am sure there is at least 1 photographer for each area that is a regular, if not more.
4.) Live times may be a bit essesive, but qualifying times and race times post race along with the report would be good enough to show people the pace and paint a picture along with the images.

Failing all this, if each championship just develops its own website, you could use the URL as a hub for accessing formula ford links ?
Old 14 Nov 2003, 19:41 (Ref:783571)   #78
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Everyone is making good points. In response to Paul Rayner in particular - yes, we're aware it's a massive task which is why we're not launching into it without thinking about feasibility.
Old 14 Nov 2003, 21:12 (Ref:783640)   #79
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
plus this is the perfect time to do the groundwork for next season (winter series notwithstanding)
Old 14 Nov 2003, 21:18 (Ref:783646)   #80
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
just as a matter of interest were you guys all squirrelled(#?!?) away in a corner of the BRDC bar on Sunday plotting your world domination?
Old 14 Nov 2003, 22:29 (Ref:783719)   #81
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you mean were people discussing the club and website - not as far as I'm aware. This (the website) was an idea Redracer57 was keen on and I was happy to support him in. Bringing it to Ten Tenths was the natural progression.
Old 15 Nov 2003, 09:08 (Ref:784125)   #82
MikeM
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wilmslow, UK
MikeM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Redracer, sounds good and I would support it.
Old 15 Nov 2003, 14:43 (Ref:784321)   #83
BlackArrow24
Rookie

BlackArrow24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow! The start of this thread caught my attention with what is a good idea. It sounds good to get a website up and running along with a club. The initial cost was a couple of thousand pounds. We now seem to be talking £10K-£12K. Do we believe this cost is realistic or will it be more like £50K on completion? Is there noone out there with the experience of web design that will be a less expense?
Old 15 Nov 2003, 15:07 (Ref:784339)   #84
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BlackArrow24
Wow! The start of this thread caught my attention with what is a good idea. It sounds good to get a website up and running along with a club. The initial cost was a couple of thousand pounds. We now seem to be talking £10K-£12K. Do we believe this cost is realistic or will it be more like £50K on completion? Is there noone out there with the experience of web design that will be a less expense?
Welcome BlackArrow24. Redracer57 is "the man" with experience of web design. If you read his post where the £10-12k is mentioned, he is talking retail. Pure cost he puts at approx £5k and has offered to stump up 50% of this himself and suggests where the other £2.5k could come from. The finance is not the problem at present, rather getting the framework in place for both the "club" and the website.
Old 16 Nov 2003, 19:43 (Ref:785154)   #85
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*First time have read this thread!*

It seems an exellent idea, it can raise awareness, and report races. Not only that we could build in a how-to section to help peolple less techically minded, i.e a resourse for an FF1600, or propctive racer.

If a club was forme with a joining fee of £20-£30 say, and we could get 200 members in the first year (realistic) then tis will go some way to capital investment in the website.

We really need a tie-up with companies such as DT, Avon tires, Mintex etc, with discounts to members to make it viarable for the member, this coupled with the "backup" for other members, and a website could make it a must for any FF1600 team owner, or competitor.
Old 16 Nov 2003, 23:47 (Ref:785295)   #86
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Justin

Thanks for your ideas and support.

I will be e-mailing a few people tomorrow concerning the club in an attempt to establish this working party (for the club), so any further volunteers please get in touch!
Old 17 Nov 2003, 07:24 (Ref:785494)   #87
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
remember... not club, association
Old 17 Nov 2003, 09:19 (Ref:785567)   #88
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Club is the working title

FF1600RA anyone?
Old 17 Nov 2003, 09:24 (Ref:785576)   #89
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
The Popular Front of Jud...oops wrong thread
Old 17 Nov 2003, 12:59 (Ref:785817)   #90
JFW
Racer

JFW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The historics have their own,

www.historicff.org.uk

this is designed only to give an outline of what the championship involves, not a race collaboration/administration site.

Besides we are mainly polishers, who turn up to let the racer boys think they are quick !!!!

JW
Old 17 Nov 2003, 13:50 (Ref:785913)   #91
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speak for yourself JFW !!!!!!!!!
Remember the Lap time round SPA
Old 17 Nov 2003, 13:53 (Ref:785922)   #92
JFW
Racer

JFW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OH, but of course,

Like a stick of rock ?
Old 17 Nov 2003, 13:55 (Ref:785928)   #93
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL.

J.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 22:43 (Ref:786589)   #94
Ian Sowman
Veteran

All - I am working away for a couple of days therefore I may not be able to collect e-mail and so on. I will be back on Wednesday evening. If anyone wishes to contact me in the meantime please get in touch with JustinDawkins and I am sure he will pass the message on.

Thanks.
Old 18 Nov 2003, 08:36 (Ref:786826)   #95
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you work at Mars Confectionary ?