Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 22 Apr 2009, 11:33 (Ref:2446925)   #1
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BARC Online Volunteering Issues

I was trying to check the dates i had volunteered for on the BARC online volunteering system last night and it refused to let me log in. I knew the details i was using were correct so i've tried again today and still no joy. After ringing Rebecca Harvey at BARC HQ it appears my account and all its details were deleted by mistake. I have a record of all the dates i'm doing this year but i need to recreate my account and submit my days again.

Not sure if anyone else got caught by this or not, but if you have used that service to volunteer it might be worth checking by logging in to ensure you are still there
Old 22 Apr 2009, 12:12 (Ref:2446945)   #2
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had problem with the wife`s account,
i set it up and after receiving the paperwork,i checked on line and there was nowt there.
i phoned becci and some how, a 2nd account was set up and all the info was put on there.
As this system is an ongoing working database,i think the word these days they called it beta,you will get problems,but if you get a problem,its best to let becci know so that problem can be sorted out.

Last edited by gachjoel; 22 Apr 2009 at 12:15. Reason: grammar
Old 22 Apr 2009, 12:36 (Ref:2446966)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Ha ha I registered for racing in some championships and apparently I am down for marshalling at Rockingham!!! I have since phoned and they have corrected it.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 16:22 (Ref:2447111)   #4
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why they just can't use Julian's exellent site is beyond me.

“Beer is not the answer........Beer is the question .........The answer is yes.”
Old 23 Apr 2009, 12:59 (Ref:2447802)   #5
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can answer all of these questions:

Some accounts (mine included) were accidentally 'lost' when we were doing some updates on the database right at the start, I guess those whose details were lost must have registered very early on.

We could use Julian's site but it doesn't print the signing on sheets or include facilities to check who is available at short notice, who has medical conditions, verify attendances etc etc etc.

We are trying to make life easier and some additional functionality will be added later.

I hope that helps.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 09:06 (Ref:2448457)   #6
Norbert
Racer

England
Norbert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletubby View Post
I can answer all of these questions:

Some accounts (mine included) were accidentally 'lost' when we were doing some updates on the database right at the start, I guess those whose details were lost must have registered very early on.

We could use Julian's site but it doesn't print the signing on sheets or include facilities to check who is available at short notice, who has medical conditions, verify attendances etc etc etc.

We are trying to make life easier and some additional functionality will be added later.

I hope that helps.
Being unfortunate to work in IT I understand the enormity of the task to set up this new database.

Once sorted this database looks like it will do everything that both the organisers (BARC) and us marshals require. Both the 'visible' things (e.g. Volunterring/apologies, sign on forms) and the 'invisible' things (e.g. Addresses, NOK etc).

Some things have gone amiss and been delayed whilst it is being set up and de-bugged but I have found that a quick phone call or e-mail to Becci gets it sorted very quickly.

Please bear with everyone involved in setting this up. It may have led to some confusion and delays at the start of this season, but once sorted this database will make things a lot easier and smoother in the future.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 12:17 (Ref:2448594)   #7
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Norbert!
Old 24 Apr 2009, 21:19 (Ref:2448872)   #8
RIXGE
Racer

RIXGE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I used Juluians excellent site last year and this year for various meetings, i heard nothing last year, and hey guess what, yup, have to date heard nothing too.....