Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 25 Oct 2012, 10:10 (Ref:3157382)   #101
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will CRT close the gap in lap times in 2013?
Old 25 Oct 2012, 10:24 (Ref:3157386)   #102
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I dont think so, I think Rossi's comments about the show being dull are spot on.

If you allowed less electronics you would I think see some really great riders coming through CRT, it could sort of be used as a training ground for the bigger GP bikes, and I dont hav e a problem with that per se.

What I have a problem with is a lack of factory bikes in GP, and that is not easily resolved unless you go Superbike engines in GP chassis and few manufacturers want that!
Old 10 Nov 2012, 18:49 (Ref:3164941)   #103
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
a few decisions .
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/M...rix+Commission

so standard ECU or not . but with less fuel . starting 2014

Moto2 finally gets the minimum rider+bike rule at 215kg .. starting 2013

Ciao Marco
Old 10 Nov 2012, 22:25 (Ref:3165010)   #104
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Edwards and Corti confirmed at Forward for 2013. The team will also have a four bike squad in Moto2 (de Angelis, Pasini, Corsi and Cardus)
Old 10 Nov 2012, 22:41 (Ref:3165012)   #105
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostie View Post
Edwards and Corti confirmed at Forward for 2013. The team will also have a four bike squad in Moto2 (de Angelis, Pasini, Corsi and Cardus)

That is a helluva M2 lineup. Any idea why Zarco didn't sign for VDS?
Old 11 Nov 2012, 04:19 (Ref:3165076)   #106
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
a few decisions .
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/M...rix+Commission

so standard ECU or not . but with less fuel . starting 2014

Moto2 finally gets the minimum rider+bike rule at 215kg .. starting 2013
Great! About time too.

What is the breakdown now, rider/bike?
Old 11 Nov 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3165129)   #107
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
"This will be set at 215kg and should help bigger riders who currently feel unfairly penalised. The existing Moto2 weight is 140kg, so any rider under 75kg will need ballast. Moto3 already has a combined weight, of 148kg."
from
http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/185...ed_weight.html
Old 12 Nov 2012, 20:28 (Ref:3165602)   #108
Tazz
Racer

Romania
Brasov, RO
Tazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Getting to know each other?

Old 12 Nov 2012, 20:52 (Ref:3165607)   #109
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I reckon that will be the last time he is smiling about that pile!
Old 12 Nov 2012, 21:15 (Ref:3165620)   #110
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder how many times he's questioned that move since he put pen to paper?
Old 12 Nov 2012, 21:40 (Ref:3165631)   #111
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I reckon he will try harder than Rossi...
Old 12 Nov 2012, 23:26 (Ref:3165679)   #112
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I guess he might, but ould you try at 31 after winning everything and knowing that no mater what you do 6th is your best result!

You cant ride round problems these days, remember what Mamola was like on the Cagiva, he fooled around, LAwson tried for a year and a bit then gave up, Spncer on the NR500, awesome at first then left alone.

VAle knew the bike was a ple and wasnt prepared to risk it, simple as. You can say he was not commited if you likie but I happen to think he got scared by the leg break, and has literally seen out his contract fully intending to never extend himself unless the bike is right.

Look at Misano, days of testing and they could get it close on a hot day, most tracks, 30 seconds behind, whats the point really.

Eh Dovi!
Old 13 Nov 2012, 03:01 (Ref:3165739)   #113
wnut
Veteran

"whats the point really"

Stoner is mega and Rossi not so much?
Old 13 Nov 2012, 10:06 (Ref:3165822)   #114
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Maybe eith Preziosi moving on they might make the changes they need, it seems he was fairly stubborn, which was kind of why Vale knew he didnt want to ride there in 2004 and chose Yamaha, he was very close to signing for Ducati believe me!

I hope Dovi makes a home there, he is a top lad, and a very good rider, and it does seem odd that all of a sudden Cal was much better than him towards the end of the year, yet there was little between them before he announced he was eaving! Maybe he was ona slightly better bike
Old 13 Nov 2012, 15:59 (Ref:3165928)   #115
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Ducati is a puzzle. The list of riders that couldn't get on with it is rather long, so surly you can't say they all weren't trying! Stoner was the only one that found the way. I read an interview in the last year or two that he stated at some point down the road he'd reveal how he rode the Duc.
Old 14 Nov 2012, 00:27 (Ref:3166094)   #116
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
The Ducati is a puzzle. The list of riders that couldn't get on with it is rather long, so surly you can't say they all weren't trying! Stoner was the only one that found the way. I read an interview in the last year or two that he stated at some point down the road he'd reveal how he rode the Duc.
I think that stoner's secret lies in his ability to ride a bike so far over the ragged edge that nobody else can live with, allied with his ability to sort and develop a bike. The result is, he is just untouchable!

Watching a bike squirm around under him on entry and exit of corners is just plain amazing!

One of the commentators said: "I would pay just to watch him [Stoner] ride around on his own!" I would heartily endorse that view!
Old 14 Nov 2012, 08:02 (Ref:3166154)   #117
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think there might be a bit of science to it too though, because I am not uite so sure thata rider like Hayden or Rssi cant hang it out there, Hayden certainly can and would if he felt thatw as the way to ride it.

I do think Casey has a secret! But I also think a lot of it is just simple talent and the ability to ignore previous traits and just ride. If you listen to Cecchinello the first time he rode the RC211V he was first time on a GP bike, first time ont he tyre etc, etc and was quickest or second quickest in his frst test on a bike thrown together literally hours before the run and a rider who was very tired after sleeping in a car the night before or something!

The guy is a legend, I just feel so sad that it is politics and stuff away from rding the bike that has amde him stop!
Old 14 Nov 2012, 09:49 (Ref:3166184)   #118
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
The Ducati is a puzzle. The list of riders that couldn't get on with it is rather long, so surly you can't say they all weren't trying!.
The list isn't that long if we talk about the factory team - Melandri, Rossi & Hayden, Capirossi won the Jap GP in 07... But, I didn't mention that they where not trying, I just don't think Rossi gave 100% for his whole 2 years there. I reckon Dovizioso will try harder because he won't have the luxury of falling into another factory team if things don't work out - I hope he shocks us all & with the help of the "Jnr" team they get those red bikes back up the front!

Has Rossi been made a legend or do they wait until he retires?
Old 14 Nov 2012, 10:06 (Ref:3166193)   #119
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think Vale is a clever guy, if the bike is capable of a podium he will give more then ever has before.

if not he doesnt, those days ar behind him now, he doesnt need to do that anymore.

You may call it not trying, I call it risk management! He coud be a de Puniet or a Checa and keep trying and crashing! But he knows it is only going to get him crashes, and even couting that Vale has crashed more these past few years than he ever has, and that has to count for something?

Si saying he wasnt trying as much sometimes is a little harsh, I just think that he tried early on, knew it was a dog ad stayed back from that edge, the problem is Vale rides on the edge all the time and has done his whole career, listen to other riders and they will tell you!

Just that on that bike he made the choice to push early on, crashed a lot and pulled back a notch until he next got the feeling.
Old 14 Nov 2012, 10:48 (Ref:3166207)   #120
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
The list isn't that long if we talk about the factory team - Melandri, Rossi & Hayden, Capirossi won the Jap GP in 07... But, I didn't mention that they where not trying, I just don't think Rossi gave 100% for his whole 2 years there. I reckon Dovizioso will try harder because he won't have the luxury of falling into another factory team if things don't work out - I hope he shocks us all & with the help of the "Jnr" team they get those red bikes back up the front!

Bayliss was pretty good at Valencia in 06, winning on the Duke in a one off ride!
Old 14 Nov 2012, 11:45 (Ref:3166229)   #121
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
They wait until he retires, apparently.
Old 14 Nov 2012, 12:01 (Ref:3166233)   #122
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I dont thik you can be a legend while you are riding, loks a bit weird!

But he certainly will be in there!!
Old 14 Nov 2012, 13:18 (Ref:3166251)   #123
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bayliss doesn't count .. he's an aussie

Ciao Marco
Old 14 Nov 2012, 14:22 (Ref:3166275)   #124
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Bayliss would not count anyway he only rode in GP for three yeras and only won one race, hardly justifies legend status

In WSB yes, but not GP
Old 14 Nov 2012, 14:33 (Ref:3166279)   #125
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
should've used quote . was referring to the last post by wnut

Ciao Marco