Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 28 Sep 2003, 12:37 (Ref:732732)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody going to the Petit Le Mans?

I finally have my arrangements made and will be there (working) -- anybody else?
Old 28 Sep 2003, 20:16 (Ref:733133)   #2
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Anybody going to the Petit Le Mans?

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I finally have my arrangements made and will be there (working) -- anybody else?
I will be a marshal at t-12. I will be wearing my "Official Dunlop Le Mans" coveralls. Just yell out for "thebear". What kind of work will you be doing?:confused:
Old 29 Sep 2003, 01:42 (Ref:733431)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chasing, er, interviewing drivers mainly. I'm making arrangements for Le Mans next year and will be talking to the owners of Petersen White Lightning and to the two lead drivers of Alex Job Racing. Plus Speed World Challenge pilots to be named as soon as can catch them.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 17:22 (Ref:734374)   #4
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello, Liz,

Unfortunately I can't make it - very disappointing, as Petit Le Mans was in my 2004 schedule since... late 2002!

Have a good time there,

Muzza
Old 30 Sep 2003, 18:14 (Ref:735649)   #5
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Liz, post 1 with Lacerat & Blueflagger, think some other Brits, Irish & Dutch are coming too.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 23:58 (Ref:736062)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Good, I like meeting up with corner workers! It gets me out of the house for one thing. You ought to have a lot of interesting work to do at Turn 1.
Old 1 Oct 2003, 02:49 (Ref:736145)   #7
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Liz, I look forward to seeing you there.

In all my visits to RA, I have never worked Turn 1 before. If the cars don't keep me too busy, being on a post by the pits certainly will give me an advantage for using my free time. I can't wait!
Old 1 Oct 2003, 22:54 (Ref:737252)   #8
Liz
Veteran

I wonder if anyone is going to this race just to watch it? Everyone I know is going there to work!

Orbit Racing have just announced their 3rd driver for the PLM -- he's another German Porsche Prodigy, 19 years old. They'll be pushing them to the track in prams soon....
Old 2 Oct 2003, 01:15 (Ref:737336)   #9
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Liz: Orbit Racing have just announced their 3rd driver for the PLM -- he's another German Porsche Prodigy, 19 years old. They'll be pushing them to the track in prams soon.... [/B]
Let's see:
1. Orbit races Porsches
2. Porsche factory has an "interest" in results
3. Porsche factory provides "support/information/services" to Orbit
4. Porsche factory has a `training' series that they support
5. Training requires experience on a variety of tracks
6. "Older" men (women?) do not stand much of a chance of getting into the `program'
7. A phone call, possibly at midnight: "I want you to do me a favor"
:confused: What do you think comes next?
Old 2 Oct 2003, 01:46 (Ref:737348)   #10
Liz
Veteran

I'd guess THIS comes next:

Quote:
Rockenfeller, 19, is a member of the UPS Porsche Junior Team, driving the No. 1 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup race car in the German Porsche Carrera Cup series. He led the series driver championship in September, the youngest driver ever to do so. With one race remaining, he is a close second in driver points, with one pole position, one win, three podiums and six top-five finishes in the eight races this season.
I'm sure he's another fleet footed German lad, but watch him around those Prototypes, you lot at Turn 1! I recall a rather nasty accident to John Force's Porsche when a Panoz used him for target practice right off the line in 2001 ...
Old 2 Oct 2003, 01:56 (Ref:737359)   #11
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I'd guess THIS comes next:

I'm sure he's another fleet footed German lad, but watch him around those Prototypes, you lot at Turn 1! I recall a rather nasty accident to John Force's Porsche when a Panoz used him for target practice right off the line in 2001 ...
Achtung! Achtung! Raus mit der! Bumper tag! You are IT!
Old 2 Oct 2003, 02:46 (Ref:737386)   #12
GTV27
Veteran

GTV27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
?? petit le mans - small men??

How small are these men and why would anybody want to go to look?
Old 2 Oct 2003, 03:47 (Ref:737428)   #13
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do know of someone going to watch. We have a new person in our Atlanta office who races a BMW. I haven't met him yet but might get the chance at the Petit.

GTV27 - When you're my height, most men seem petite. Le petit homme is "the small man." I'll go look at them. Le Mans is the modern spelling for the city of Le Manceaux that has been around for, oh, 4000 years or so.
Old 2 Oct 2003, 03:49 (Ref:737430)   #14
GTV27
Veteran

is it really, really cold there? - in that case it is perfectly understandable, shinkage you know.
Old 2 Oct 2003, 03:58 (Ref:737437)   #15
blueflagger
Veteran

Where? Le Mans or Lake Wobegon or Atlanta?
Old 2 Oct 2003, 04:15 (Ref:737446)   #16
GTV27
Veteran

where the petite men are...wherever that is?
Old 7 Oct 2003, 00:08 (Ref:742448)   #17
Liz
Veteran

Three of them were in the Bentley at Le Mans. If I could get his attention, I could smuggle Capello AND Herbert home in my carry on luggage.

Personally I like compact men.

Quote:
Up the airy mountain, down the rushing glen/we dare not go a'walking, for fear of little men.
Old 7 Oct 2003, 00:23 (Ref:742453)   #18
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Three of them were in the Bentley at Le Mans. If I could get his attention, I could smuggle Capello AND Herbert home in my carry on luggage.

Personally I like compact men.
And they make tasty snacks for her cat.
Old 7 Oct 2003, 17:31 (Ref:743223)   #19
aprescott
Racer

United Kingdom
At a computer in Hampsire!!
aprescott has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I shall be there, hopfully milling around the Corvette pit as per usual!! I may even take along a can of fuel for the Audi boys Altough its only about six hours they should be ok this time round
Old 10 Oct 2003, 01:53 (Ref:745837)   #20
Liz
Veteran

I think Capello could outrun my cat; I don't know about Herbert.

P.S. Do you think if Frank Biela lives to be 100 years old, he will ever live that down?
Old 14 Oct 2003, 15:27 (Ref:750975)   #21
73_Gstock
Racer

United States
Iowa, lovely Iowa
73_Gstock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be at the Petit spedtating. As will a bunch of crazies from the IMSA Forum. I opted out of marshalling as I'll have my wife and I don't trust the guys from the IMSA forum

Anyone from here is welcome to stop by our group in the woods on the inside of turn 10 and share an adult bevvie or two.

See you there.

73 Gstock
Old 15 Oct 2003, 11:39 (Ref:752013)   #22
Liz
Veteran

I leave tonight! I can't wait!
Old 15 Oct 2003, 12:41 (Ref:752096)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A journalist friend of mine has just flown out this morning too. Liz, say 'hi' to an Alastair from Press Association if you see him. Tell him his cat (called Minardi) is fine. That should scare him sufficiently.

Last edited by Adam43; 15 Oct 2003 at 12:42.
Old 15 Oct 2003, 16:38 (Ref:752411)   #24
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by 73_Gstock
I'll be at the Petit spedtating. As will a bunch of crazies from the IMSA Forum. I opted out of marshalling as I'll have my wife and I don't trust the guys from the IMSA forum

Anyone from here is welcome to stop by our group in the woods on the inside of turn 10 and share an adult bevvie or two.

See you there.

73 Gstock
We (blueflagger, lacerat & self) may try and get round socializing on Thursday evening.
(Have the worker party Friday evening) ,more

Working post 1 if you are strolling round back of pits.

What don't you trust about the IMSA guys? That you leave your wife alone with them!

Do like me and bring her too.
Old 15 Oct 2003, 16:42 (Ref:752413)   #25
73_Gstock
Racer

United States
Iowa, lovely Iowa
73_Gstock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by theracegypsy
We (blueflagger, lacerat & self) may try and get round socializing on Thursday evening.
(Have the worker party Friday evening) ,more

Working post 1 if you are strolling round back of pits.

What don't you trust about the IMSA guys? That you leave your wife alone with them!

Do like me and bring her too.
I met some at Road America and not real interested in leaving her with them. Plus, I promised that if she went, we'd spend the time together. She's an ALMS virgin! Nothing like a little 10 hour race to pop that thing, huh?

I've tried getting her to join the ranks, but she feels she wouldn't be able to handle it.

Where's your home track these days?