Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Nov 2009, 23:23 (Ref:2577892)   #626
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Would that be in place of, or addition to, a factory backed team?
Old 8 Nov 2009, 00:23 (Ref:2577923)   #627
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At LM probably an addition, but I highly doubt the factory would run in the ALMS.
Old 8 Nov 2009, 19:36 (Ref:2578390)   #628
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Highcroft dedicated to sportscars and de Ferran looking to head to IRL, I'd imagine Highcroft would be the best choice. Dayton does seem to be quite smitten with the Wirth/Acura products, but if he can get some kind of support from Peugeot, whereas it's dried up from Acura, perhaps the Peugeot makes more sense. Plus then they'd have a car capable of winning Le Mans, which has been Dayton's goal all along.
Old 8 Nov 2009, 19:48 (Ref:2578396)   #629
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
On top of that, Highcroft also has one of Peugeot's Le Mans winners.

They're looking for a new driver to replace Sharp.
Montagny? That would be a good choice based on talent, and will probably please Peugeot too.
Old 8 Nov 2009, 21:10 (Ref:2578431)   #630
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I reckon Pagenaud would be a better choice , he already knows the tracks .
Old 9 Nov 2009, 01:06 (Ref:2578573)   #631
tkelland
Rookie

tkelland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montagny knows most, if not all of the tracks already. He started in 2008 with AGR at Lime Rock, I believe. So LRP, M-O, Rd Amer., Mosport, Rd. Atl., and Laguna he already knows. He did Sebring this past year, 2009 with Peugeot and in 2008 he raced for Forsythe in the last Champ Car race at Long Beach. The only track I can think of that he may not know on the 2010 schedule is Miller Motorsports Park.
Old 9 Nov 2009, 05:21 (Ref:2578663)   #632
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about Brabs and Montagny full time and Pagenaud for the long races as I'm sure de Ferran would like to have him in IRL. All 3 have experience with the Pug, so it'd be easy to have any combination of those 3.

Last edited by WMUCarGuy; 9 Nov 2009 at 05:27.
Old 9 Nov 2009, 10:36 (Ref:2578804)   #633
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pics of François Fillon, prime minister, "testing" the 908 at Le Mans yesterday
http://news.caradisiac.com/Francois-...Les-photos-960

Old 9 Nov 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2578818)   #634
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
http://news-images.caradisiac.com/IM...6/Fillon-7.jpg

It is really a two-seater
Old 9 Nov 2009, 12:13 (Ref:2578862)   #635
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I bet they're glad they're French. I doubt they'd get Gordon Brown in there...
Old 9 Nov 2009, 14:33 (Ref:2578944)   #636
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I bet they're glad they're French. I doubt they'd get Gordon Brown in there...
Or Angela Merkel!, she is small, but wide.
Old 9 Nov 2009, 16:31 (Ref:2579018)   #637
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
They should put Brian Cowan the pig in it , and drive it into a wall full pelt !!!
Old 9 Nov 2009, 18:06 (Ref:2579072)   #638
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
They should put Brian Cowan the pig in it , and drive it into a wall full pelt !!!
This is going off topic in a serious way .

BTW, shouldn't this thread be renamed to "Peugeot 908 for '10"?
Old 9 Nov 2009, 19:08 (Ref:2579098)   #639
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
That is amazing! I wonder what they had to rearrange to make it work.
Old 10 Nov 2009, 01:01 (Ref:2579270)   #640
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Don't most pro-drivers tend to learn a circuit within a couple of laps? We aren't talking about the 'Ring...

Why exactly would Peugeot place a 908 in ALMS? This is what I do not undertand. I understand Highcroft or even DeFarren, they have proven to be good teams. I understand Brabs, he was on the LeMans team. I am having trouble as to why Peugeot is headed here; not in this economy. The only thing I would believe is the Hybrid 908 here as an effort to market their hybrid technology to manufacturers. I have not checked as I am lazy, but does Peogeot even have a hybrid road car in production?

rober
Old 10 Nov 2009, 01:21 (Ref:2579273)   #641
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That is amazing! I wonder what they had to rearrange to make it work.
Now I remember they did the same when Sarrazin and Loeb swapped cars:

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ebSarrazin.jpg

If I remember correctly, somewhere in the technical regulations, it is mentioned that there must be space for a second "theoretical" seat.

Last edited by deggis; 10 Nov 2009 at 01:36.
Old 10 Nov 2009, 03:41 (Ref:2579285)   #642
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry, but does tv not make it over to Europe now? The arguing that a manufacturer wouldn't race here because there's no presence here would be negated by the fact that most fans would be watching rather than attending the race or reading race reports, why would it matter where the cars ran? If they get a rules advantage running in the LMP class, why wouldn't you take it if you wanted to keep the program running for LM2010?
Old 10 Nov 2009, 04:29 (Ref:2579302)   #643
aeroehl
Racer

United States
aeroehl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No way Obama would fit in that thing, especially with his big ole deficit.

Last edited by aeroehl; 10 Nov 2009 at 04:35.
Old 10 Nov 2009, 09:21 (Ref:2579381)   #644
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Don't most pro-drivers tend to learn a circuit within a couple of laps? We aren't talking about the 'Ring...

Why exactly would Peugeot place a 908 in ALMS? This is what I do not undertand. I understand Highcroft or even DeFarren, they have proven to be good teams. I understand Brabs, he was on the LeMans team. I am having trouble as to why Peugeot is headed here; not in this economy. The only thing I would believe is the Hybrid 908 here as an effort to market their hybrid technology to manufacturers. I have not checked as I am lazy, but does Peogeot even have a hybrid road car in production?

rober
I think the talk with Peugeot in USA is about a Highcroft buying an 908, and then recieving technical support from Peugeot (kinda like Porsches Lmp2 program). The 908h, isn't race ready i believe (and the chassis its build from is an old one), but Peugeot do pretty soon launch a 3008 Hybrid, and soon a hybrid model for every car model they produce! (even the RC-Z).
Old 10 Nov 2009, 14:49 (Ref:2579560)   #645
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Was the rule clarified for how hybrid systems could work? Thought Pug had said theirs worked a lot like the F1 systems with a KERS 'boost' button and the ACO wanted a more seamless fulltime intergration over the 'push-to-pass' idea of the F1 style. Could be an easy conversion, but I haven't seen anything about the ACO system lately, if they have a set rule.
Old 10 Nov 2009, 20:26 (Ref:2579722)   #646
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Since June ACO has released couple press releases (PDFs available) related to 2010 rules but I don't remember anything or at least not anything specific about hybrid regs. Maybe clarified when the actual 2010 technical regs are published unless whole idea has been ditched... KERS in F1 wasn't exactly encouraging example (all of the teams, now also including Williams, have agreed not to use KERS in 2010).
Old 10 Nov 2009, 20:47 (Ref:2579733)   #647
deggis
Veteran

Finland
http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0=

According to Saulnier, 2010 program will be "almost the same as this year".
Old 11 Nov 2009, 08:54 (Ref:2579983)   #648
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Since June ACO has released couple press releases (PDFs available) related to 2010 rules but I don't remember anything or at least not anything specific about hybrid regs. Maybe clarified when the actual 2010 technical regs are published unless whole idea has been ditched... KERS in F1 wasn't exactly encouraging example (all of the teams, now also including Williams, have agreed not to use KERS in 2010).
The reason was dumped in F1 was it wasn't giving enough performance for money and weight. In Sportscar KERS (hybrid) has another purpose that performance/range, puplicity!. Toyota was good eksampel on this, as a "hybrid" F1 car (F1 with KERS) wouldn't be special, but a Toyota Lmp1 Hybrid (KERS) would be!
So using KERS (hybrids) in Sportscars, makes more sence than doing it in F1. Also why would Peugeot evolve one, if there wasn't any good in it? (and hint/state, the next car will be one)
Old 11 Nov 2009, 18:16 (Ref:2580255)   #649
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
The reason was dumped in F1 was it wasn't giving enough performance for money and weight. In Sportscar KERS (hybrid) has another purpose that performance/range, puplicity!. Toyota was good eksampel on this, as a "hybrid" F1 car (F1 with KERS) wouldn't be special, but a Toyota Lmp1 Hybrid (KERS) would be!
So using KERS (hybrids) in Sportscars, makes more sence than doing it in F1. Also why would Peugeot evolve one, if there wasn't any good in it? (and hint/state, the next car will be one)
Nonsense. What if it would have been labelled/promoted as a hybrid system in F1 instead of using this awkward acronym? And there you go, very special Toyota Hybrid Formula One car.

Publicity? Indeed. If ACO really wants a hybrid winner, then it will no different to current sad situation with diesels, that it is not about the better technology but publicity and marketing...

It depends on the specific regulations but same problem than in F1 is very possible. Performance advantage that becomes more disadvantage because of ruined weight distribution of the car plus extra reliability worries. For McLaren and Ferrari it took half a season to perfect the systems and finally get some advantage.

edited

Last edited by deggis; 11 Nov 2009 at 18:33.