Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Sep 2009, 23:20 (Ref:2550889)   #101
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Guessing you aren't a big sportscar fan, they are the same class but that's the rub with trying to balance diesel and petrol engines. Not sure they have the topend that some of the ALMS cars have but the launch off the corner blows everyone else away.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 00:12 (Ref:2550909)   #102
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Guessing you aren't a big sportscar fan, they are the same class but that's the rub with trying to balance diesel and petrol engines. Not sure they have the topend that some of the ALMS cars have but the launch off the corner blows everyone else away.

I think thats what the point was.

L.P.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 02:59 (Ref:2550949)   #103
Ted bennett
Racer

England
Derbyshire
Ted bennett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are those the old videos that were talked about on RLM during the petit commentary, I am looking forward to wasting hours watching all that lot.
Does seem a bit tough on Drayson to get nerfed before they had even turned a wheel.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 12:09 (Ref:2551161)   #104
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think IMSA has a (recent at least) history of doing this. The Doran GT comes to mind, and same with the Viper. It seems they try to ease the car into the fold so as not to ruffle any feathers.

Chris
Old 13 Oct 2009, 09:11 (Ref:2560448)   #105
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was away at a conference all weekend and so no computer or TV access. Come Monday I looked at DSC as usual and was delighted to see what good racing Laguna Seca had provided. Checking back on the hourly reports etcetera the qualifying performance of JC in the Drayson Lola seemed worthy of more than the one line report on DSC. I must say the thought of coming over the brow at Laguna in an LMP1 is somewhat daunting, not to mention the run down the hill. For Cocker to get within 1.5 secs of De Ferran and Brabham on his first visit in the new car was quite an achievement IMO, shame that 'le Patron' binned it on lap 2. I hope to catch the highlights porgramme to see how that happened but they must be encouraged for next season. Now for Asia?
Old 13 Oct 2009, 14:30 (Ref:2560594)   #106
whitec21
Racer

United States
Las Vegas, NV
whitec21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
I was away at a conference all weekend and so no computer or TV access. Come Monday I looked at DSC as usual and was delighted to see what good racing Laguna Seca had provided. Checking back on the hourly reports etcetera the qualifying performance of JC in the Drayson Lola seemed worthy of more than the one line report on DSC. I must say the thought of coming over the brow at Laguna in an LMP1 is somewhat daunting, not to mention the run down the hill. For Cocker to get within 1.5 secs of De Ferran and Brabham on his first visit in the new car was quite an achievement IMO, shame that 'le Patron' binned it on lap 2. I hope to catch the highlights porgramme to see how that happened but they must be encouraged for next season. Now for Asia?
Drayson didn't bin it. Graf got way over-optimistic and dive-bombed him going into turn 9 on the third lap. Turn 9 is also known as one of the worst places to pass so why Graf went for it there we will never know.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 15:09 (Ref:2560618)   #107
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, it was a huge shame for the team to have had their day ended so soon.

L.P.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 16:37 (Ref:2560667)   #108
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks guys, I had not seen it and the reports I read gave no info. I aplogise to Lord Drayson for implying otherwise. They could have had a good result but for this
Old 28 Oct 2009, 10:58 (Ref:2571321)   #109
old man
Veteran

England
UK
Following up to see what they are likely to do in the Asian races I looked at their website: http://www.draysonracing.com/ Interesting video on here