Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Jun 2003, 16:46 (Ref:636793)   #26
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, well, ORECA are now actively looking to develop the new Viper with Chrysler, with a specially developed new generation GTS-R.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 22:45 (Ref:637091)   #27
ViperACR
Rookie

ViperACR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JAG where exactly do you read all of these facts. I am interesred to know where you get all the information that you get a hold of and then post, which is appreciated by all reader including myself. So please tell me where do i find the same source of information

As for your post on the Viper and Oreca does that mean that Chrysler has decided to come back into racing. If it is then that is good news for all sports car racing as you want to see all the best manufacturers and teams compete to see who is the best.

Thanks
Old 19 Jun 2003, 22:51 (Ref:637097)   #28
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ViperACR
JAG where exactly do you read all of these facts. I am interesred to know where you get all the information that you get a hold of and then post, which is appreciated by all reader including myself. So please tell me where do i find the same source of information

As for your post on the Viper and Oreca does that mean that Chrysler has decided to come back into racing. If it is then that is good news for all sports car racing as you want to see all the best manufacturers and teams compete to see who is the best.

Thanks
www.autosport.com

Better still get the magazine. Has lots more info thats not on the website. Motorsport News is pretty good as well.

Of course you take everthing with a pinch of salt, but the ORECA Viper story has 2 paragraphs worth of quotes talking about getting the new Viper program up and going.

Remember it was Autosport who broke the story about the ne Masarati GTS car way, sometime before LM 2002.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 22:56 (Ref:637105)   #29
JAG
Veteran

England
Chrysler are considering racing the new Viper at the moment.

The fact Cheverolet have commited to the ALMS/LM for the longterm, including the introduction of the C6R in the coming years I think Chrysler are beggining to worry the Viper will be overshadowed and past succeses forgotten.

I personally believe Chrsysler wthought Cheverolet would pull out at the end of next year and sit back, The fact they are carrying on has probably got Chrysler rethinking a GTS program for the new Viper.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 23:36 (Ref:637134)   #30
ViperACR
Rookie

The main reason i bought the Viper ACR was due to their racing success. In fact if any manufacturer does well in racing it will drive up sales and awareness. Audi has gotten way more sales since they won LeMans. I never would have thought about buying an Audi before and now I believe that they are probably a better car than the BMW.
Old 29 Jun 2003, 17:57 (Ref:646269)   #31
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, looks like this story has legs, as Autoweek has picked it up as well. De Chaunac IS in talks with Chrysler as to re-start the racing venture again.

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content....0128&224301004

Last edited by veeten; 29 Jun 2003 at 18:06.
Old 29 Jun 2003, 18:10 (Ref:646276)   #32
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by veeten
Well, looks like this story has legs, as Autoweek has picked it up as well. De Chaunac IS in talks with Chrysler as to re-start the racing venture again.

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content....0128&224301004
BTW Oreca were at Donnigton. Don't know in what capacity.

Good to hear the stories still has legs and has not been dismissed.

Last edited by JAG; 29 Jun 2003 at 18:12.
Old 29 Jun 2003, 18:26 (Ref:646295)   #33
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmmm... sounds to me as they were probably in a fact-finding mode, to see which way the new LMES will effect FIA GT. If the cards fall in their favor, expect them to press Chrysler officials to go ahead with this, irrespective of the possible McLaren/Mercedes CLR-GT project.
Old 29 Jun 2003, 18:33 (Ref:646305)   #34
JAG
Veteran

England
They had a truck as well, probably in the same role as the Porsche truck operates, helping out customer teams.
Old 29 Jun 2003, 18:45 (Ref:646320)   #35
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
That's true, being the major source of development of the present GTS-R chassis.
Old 29 Jun 2003, 22:40 (Ref:646573)   #36
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The competition spec CC- Viper has been released and I must say It is very mild twenty horses up on the production car and blahblahbalh
still Chrysler/dodge want this thing to race they have been developing the competition coupe along side the regular car so They need to perfect it and hand it over to ORECA. that's all- what is the surpprise that the Viper will return? what is the surprise it'd be ORECA? and why didn't any one just see it happening? As soon as I saw the concept and the race car concept the same release in a magazine I just knew I had to wait t see it in action, when it goes on sale officially the Vettes and maranello's are ging o have to get tough and fight hard. we know how tough the vipers are
Old 29 Jun 2003, 22:48 (Ref:646584)   #37
Jack Man
Racer

Canada
Mississauga Ont Canada
Jack Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe that Chrysler poured alot of money and resources into it's Nascar Winston Cup teams and then into their Craftsman truck teams to get them developed which took away support from the Viper racing program. But now that these programs are developed and showing positive results this just may open the door for Chrysler to get back to the question at hand, develope the GTS-R and get back on the world racing scene. JMO
Old 30 Jun 2003, 02:58 (Ref:646724)   #38
wibblywobbly
Rookie

wibblywobbly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember seeing TeamOreca back in '99, at the 6 hours of the Glen, with the FIA-GT Championship. They were called in at the last moment as a result of the swift death of the USRRC. There were a few other Viper teams as well. Belmondo and Chamberlain, come to mind. Oreca had, by far the most professional looking/acting team in the garage area. Not to mention, the fastest cars on the track! If Chrysler and Oreca get back together, look out!
BTW, S7R fan, here. Death to 'Vettes![=-P]
Old 30 Jun 2003, 07:08 (Ref:646805)   #39
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I just wanted to point out that, regarding the Donington FIA-GT race's results, the Viper is not dead yet !
Old 30 Jun 2003, 07:16 (Ref:646809)   #40
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just read that Zwaan's Racing Chrysler Viper has been excluded from the results.
Altough the Viper proved to be alive. Let's see what Spa brings..
Old 30 Jun 2003, 07:22 (Ref:646814)   #41
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wout
Just read that Zwaan's Racing Chrysler Viper has been excluded from the results.
Darn ! What happend ?
Old 30 Jun 2003, 10:34 (Ref:646999)   #42
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
from www.fiagt.com
"The nr 18 Zwaan's Racing Chrysler Viper, which crossed the line in second place today, has been excluded from the results due to a number of breaches of the Technical Regulations (articles 13.2.1, 3.4 and 15.3) concerning modifications made after initial scrutineering.

The team has lodged an appeal and the results therefore remain provisional."
Old 30 Jun 2003, 13:43 (Ref:647213)   #43
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
from www.fiagt.com
"The nr 18 Zwaan's Racing Chrysler Viper, which crossed the line in second place today, has been excluded from the results due to a number of breaches of the Technical Regulations (articles 13.2.1, 3.4 and 15.3) concerning modifications made after initial scrutineering.

The team has lodged an appeal and the results therefore remain provisional."
Ouch ! Strange how teams do weird things around the regulations sometimes...
Old 9 Jul 2003, 02:16 (Ref:656437)   #44
ViperACR
Rookie

The new Viper will be racing with Oreca

gttouring, I read your post and would like to know if it is confimed that Chrysler will have a new factory backed Viper racing, and if so will it be next year.

Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
The competition spec CC- Viper has been released and I must say It is very mild twenty horses up on the production car and blahblahbalh
still Chrysler/dodge want this thing to race they have been developing the competition coupe along side the regular car so They need to perfect it and hand it over to ORECA. that's all- what is the surpprise that the Viper will return? what is the surprise it'd be ORECA? and why didn't any one just see it happening? As soon as I saw the concept and the race car concept the same release in a magazine I just knew I had to wait t see it in action, when it goes on sale officially the Vettes and maranello's are ging o have to get tough and fight hard. we know how tough the vipers are