Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Aug 2004, 19:46 (Ref:1063269)   #1
hindy
Racer

hindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Remember it's on SATURDAY

Yup a Saturday LMES race with Marino joining me in the commentary box on site at Silverstone.

Motors Tv on air a little before 2pm Saturday.

If you aren't at the track please support Motors and their commitment to Live sportscar racing

many thanks

John h
Old 11 Aug 2004, 19:59 (Ref:1063281)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Due to commitments I can't make the weekend at Silverstone, however I can spare a quarter of my day in from of the 'box. The wife has been warned

I look forward to watching it live, listening to you Hindy and perhaps having an occasional chat here too. Are we doing the chat room?

Last edited by Adam43; 11 Aug 2004 at 20:00.
Old 11 Aug 2004, 20:34 (Ref:1063314)   #3
bf1
Racer

Ireland
Waterford, Ireland / Swansea, Wales
bf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MotorsTv fourm?
Old 11 Aug 2004, 20:37 (Ref:1063315)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No this forum, we have a chat room which seems to get taken over by sportscar fan during major sports car forums. Sadly I wouldn't be tuning in as I will be at Silverstone...
Old 11 Aug 2004, 20:37 (Ref:1063316)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No offense to that forum, but I think not.
Old 11 Aug 2004, 20:49 (Ref:1063329)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We will be having a gathering in the chatroom.

Asp will be posting full details very soon.

Hope to see you all there.
Old 11 Aug 2004, 21:48 (Ref:1063386)   #7
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Remember it's on SATURDAY

Quote:
Originally posted by hindy
Yup a Saturday LMES race with Marino joining me in the commentary box on site at Silverstone.
Great to hear that they aren't sending you off to Paris for this one John.

Will be looking out for you in the paddock to say hello!
Old 11 Aug 2004, 22:22 (Ref:1063403)   #8
hindy
Racer

hindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be wandering around Thursday and Friday too..

I'll be the one that looks like me! Please stop me and say hello

thanks for the support...

JH
PS if you get passed by a green Sunbeam Alpine I must be late for something and I apologise in advance
Old 11 Aug 2004, 22:48 (Ref:1063415)   #9
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, being in Holland ain't no fun when you'd like to watch the race. No Motorstv as I haven't got a dish (all cable here) and Eurosport & RadioFiveLive are seriously into Olympics as from Friday

Any other broadcast-suggestions, anyone?
Old 12 Aug 2004, 05:51 (Ref:1063594)   #10
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paddy, would suggest the 10ths chat room, and the live LMES timing on lmes.net
Old 12 Aug 2004, 07:05 (Ref:1063616)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, there's a "chat" thread on this now......
Old 12 Aug 2004, 09:31 (Ref:1063707)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by jasongore
Paddy, would suggest the 10ths chat room, and the live LMES timing on lmes.net
Is Radio Le Mans broadcasting?
Old 12 Aug 2004, 10:04 (Ref:1063728)   #13
hindy
Racer

sorry no RLM but the PA is normally broadcat on a low power transmitter at 1602 AM

Sadly that doesn't help those of you not at the circuit but the lack of intrest from SRO in providing a proper circuit/web service has been well documented. I can only reiterate we have tried many times and the silence has been deafening!

JH
Old 12 Aug 2004, 10:24 (Ref:1063740)   #14
E. Becclestone
Racer

E. Becclestone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there recording interviews etc for broadcast via the web in a day or so.
Is there anything in particular that anybody wants to hear- any key people that you want to hear from?????? Can't make any promises that they will agree to being recorded, but I'll give it a shot.
Cheers,
Ernie.

Last edited by E. Becclestone; 12 Aug 2004 at 10:28.
Old 12 Aug 2004, 10:36 (Ref:1063753)   #15
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Embassy Racing are broadcasting I think
This is off their web site http://www.embassyracing.com/

Embassy racing is celebrating the launch of its brand new Embassy Race Radio by giving away a FREE personal radio to the first 1602 fans who register with the official Embassy Racing Supporters’ Club.
Embassy Race Radio will broadcast on 1602 MW at the remaining rounds of the 2004 British GT Championships, providing commentary, comment, interviews, news and reviews of the weekends racing live and direct to race fans at the circuit.There are three opportunities to get hold of your FREE radio.The first 602 fans who join the official supporters’ club by completing the online registration form on our website will be sent their radios in time for their visit to the next GT round at Silverstone in August.
A further 500 radios will be handed out to fans who register with the new Embassy Supporters’ Club at Saturday’s Silverstone round of the Championship.
Another 500 will be handed out on Sunday.
Information on how and where to find your FREE radio will be available at the circuit, just look for the Embassy Racing Girls who, as usual, will be happy to help!
Old 12 Aug 2004, 11:53 (Ref:1063808)   #16
delaney
Rookie

delaney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst I applaud this intiative unless some one pays the licence upgrade it's unlikely that 1602 will be heard very far from the transmitter. At Donington I couldn't get reception on 1602 (on a reasonable Sony unit) in the Paddock!

I suspect that the radios that are given away free will be less sensitive (hopefully not scanning types) and therefore - unfortunately- this excellent idea from Embassy could end up backfiring on them.

This is no criticsm of Johnathon and Embassy just another example of how circuits and series cannot get their acts together to provide the basics to their paying customers....and why aren't the circuits doing this as a matter of course instead of leaving it to a team...

No wonder gates are dwindling and we can't attract 'new' spectators....how are they supposed to understand what's going on when you can't even hear the PA at most tracks... even if there was anything decent on the PA!

It's a disgrace that we have to put up with wittering on the PA by second rate amateurs and few if any pit interviews... it's a sportscar race for god's sake we need to know what's happening in the pits!!!!when the best sportscar team - and by that I mean the Radio le Mans guys - are probably sitting on their hands!

Ok so i know Hindy does TV for LMES - Thanks motors at last one decent professional commentator on the channel! but surely there's a deal to be done here?

OK I'm stepping off my soapbax now.. rant over

Last edited by delaney; 12 Aug 2004 at 11:56.
Old 12 Aug 2004, 12:03 (Ref:1063816)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good rant.
Old 12 Aug 2004, 12:31 (Ref:1063840)   #18
E. Becclestone
Racer

delaney- your comments are spot on. Both Hindy, myself & the rest of the team that you are familiar with are currently working on deals to make exactly what you describe possible......it's all down to the permission & negotiations with the event organisers & the finance it takes to get these Quality broadcasts off the ground.
Radio Le Mans, Motors TV etc have proven that the quality of broadcasts are possible with quality people & quality facilities.....AM broadcasts are limited as you rightly say, which is why we are currently proposing FM & DAB, linked to Sky digibox & internet also.
Please remember that these type of negotiations are difficult to say the least.......but slowly slowly, catchee monkey.
As they say.......watch this space.
The more requests we can have on this type of forum, the stronger becomes our case to all the event organisers we are talking to, so please keep your comments coming.
Ernie.
Old 12 Aug 2004, 12:34 (Ref:1063844)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Nice one Ernie. If we can get this message across to all the members here, virtually every one of them would add their voice, I'm sure.......
Old 12 Aug 2004, 16:34 (Ref:1064063)   #20
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surely with Motors TV using the RLM team for the ALMS races and Hindy for the LMES events, it is not too much of a leap to have some sort of intergrated service with RLM covering both series over the Internet, and on site, plus the very same commentary used on Motors TV/Sky Digital Radio.

Get DSC involved in the service with interviews, updates etc. and you have a dream team!
Old 12 Aug 2004, 16:49 (Ref:1064085)   #21
chris24
Rookie

chris24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Paddy_NL
Hmm, being in Holland ain't no fun when you'd like to watch the race. No Motorstv as I haven't got a dish (all cable here) and Eurosport & RadioFiveLive are seriously into Olympics as from Friday

Any other broadcast-suggestions, anyone?
Paddy, well if you are in Holland and can't get coverage of the race then there is only one option left open to you this weekend.

Get yourself over to Venray, near Venlo, and watch the Formula 1 Stockcars, Gold cup meeting. Its a Saturday and Sunday meeting with a large presence from our UK drivers. Most of my friends are making the trip to Holland for this event but I am going to Silverstone instead !

Regards
Chris
Old 12 Aug 2004, 16:54 (Ref:1064092)   #22
E. Becclestone
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
Surely with Motors TV using the RLM team for the ALMS races and Hindy for the LMES events, it is not too much of a leap to have some sort of intergrated service with RLM covering both series over the Internet, and on site, plus the very same commentary used on Motors TV/Sky Digital Radio.

Exactly, and mobile too !

Now for this bit; Get DSC involved in the service with interviews, updates etc.........
Old 12 Aug 2004, 16:58 (Ref:1064098)   #23
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by E. Becclestone

Now for this bit; Get DSC involved in the service with interviews, updates etc.........

Is that a yes or a no!
Old 12 Aug 2004, 17:05 (Ref:1064106)   #24
E. Becclestone
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
Is that a yes or a no!
Can't say any more than that because talks are still happening........

As before, slowly slowly catchee monkey.......there's a lot of people involved at all sorts of levels, and complete agreement has to be achieved with everyone involved.
Technically it's almost ready........
Old 15 Aug 2004, 16:43 (Ref:1067185)   #25
Williamp
Racer

Williamp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just wanted to say thanks for a good, informative, entertaining and (sometimes unintentionally) funny commentary on both days. Yes I know its still going on, but I had to leave early. I enjoyed both days immensly, and the commentary made ythe race a pleasure.

Will
(just a spectator)