Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Feb 2005, 16:42 (Ref:1232569)   #26
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
From tblincoe's LMES list:

Lister or the Jim Gainer Dome could be dangerous if they have reliability and decent pilots.
I am not sure if Lister will be a threat, if it keeps running then sure to do ok, but (and correct me if needed), Laurence Pearce has had a constant struggle to get the requisite power from the engine, and 5% and 50kgs will undo two years' work. Hope I am wrong though.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 16:44 (Ref:1232573)   #27
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thought Lister was going to have a hybrid???

Last edited by jhansen; 22 Feb 2005 at 16:47.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 16:46 (Ref:1232576)   #28
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
Nope - suspended the project, in lieu of full blown new spec car in 2006
Old 22 Feb 2005, 16:48 (Ref:1232579)   #29
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, I did not catch that bit of news. If that is the case then yes I agree with you.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 17:07 (Ref:1232592)   #30
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
The Zyteks (& one DBA) still have a long way to go in the realiability department. I see a lot of wishfull thinking going on at the moment from folks that are tired of Audi wins. Creation has the pace no doubt about it. I wouldn't be surprised if they sweep all five poles this year. But their finishing record was miserable last year. And that is no easy nut to crack.

I still say any car designed to the old 675 regs will always have reliability trouble in comparison to the heavier 900 designed cars.

Creation's entire 2005 effort (and budget) has been channelled into the one car. The change to Michelins and Judd power are very positive steps but the emphasis on their testing programme shows how serious they are about ironing out those small technical glitches which can be so costly in a race. Sure, things can go wrong, but this season (like the Audis) they are far more likely to be racing incidents than mechanical failure.

I genuinely think this team start every race as favourite in 2005. And by the end of 2005 will have won the LMES in the top category. The fact that they also seem to be the peoples favourite is coincidental.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 17:16 (Ref:1232601)   #31
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
How much testing have they done? I would think it would need to be a lot to solve the glitches that they have had, learn the new Judd, and adapt to the Michelins.

Again, it's not their pace I doubt. I just find them to be a bit like the Dyson team on this side of the pond. So close to being so good, but not quite close enough.

Last edited by jhansen; 22 Feb 2005 at 17:23.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 17:50 (Ref:1232621)   #32
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i am not sure about Lister's plans actually, there are conflicting reports of when the new LMP1 will be ready to race...

its hard to speculate on who is a favorite before the first race due to the vast list of unknowns as far as the performance of the restricted cars vs. the LMP1-spec factory entries from the likes of Courage and Dome. there are a ton of package changes as well, including the likes of Creation Autosportif and Rollcentre so there are a lot of story lines for the new season... we shall see soon enough!
Old 22 Feb 2005, 17:54 (Ref:1232624)   #33
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Two days testing at Magny Cours a couple of weeks ago and the LMES test days April 1/2 to include a 24 hour run are the only specifics. But, although the car is currently undergoing further wind tunnel testing/aero development they intend to test regularly from now until Spa (mid April). The team would have liked to have gone to Sebring, but testing has taken priority.

Yes, I'm sure there are a lot of reliability issues to resolve, but that is exactly what the team is focussing on
Old 22 Feb 2005, 18:18 (Ref:1232641)   #34
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblincoe
i am not sure about Lister's plans actually, there are conflicting reports of when the new LMP1 will be ready to race...
!
Check out LP's quote on DSC (26 January I think).

What other reports are there thus far apart from this - I've trawled everywhere, but can't find anything that differs from this
Old 22 Feb 2005, 21:24 (Ref:1232825)   #35
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The official/Gainer Dome will be Mugen-powered, not Judd. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win a race; they are serious.

The LMP1s will be advantaged on many LMES tracks since they're fast... Pescarolo will do as well as his budget permits, and Nasamax will be in contention for podiums. And look at the LMP2's power-weight ratio; I see overall podium for them.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 21:33 (Ref:1232831)   #36
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj79
Check out LP's quote on DSC (26 January I think).

What other reports are there thus far apart from this - I've trawled everywhere, but can't find anything that differs from this (re.Lister)
There are no other reports to find. Towards the end of last year Laurence announced that Lister were taking the hybrid route for 2005/6. Plans for the car were completed and it was just a case of building it. But, as so often happens over the winter months, a change of direction. Full LMP1 for 2006 now instead of a hybrid. This gives the car a much longer life. It will also be made available to customers and will not be limited to the chevy engine alone.

The nett result for 2005 season therefore is last years model with the inherent penalties and restrictions.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 22:28 (Ref:1232879)   #37
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
Nett result = unlikely Lister will feature in list of winners this year. Mind you, Everton in Champions League, Liverpool to leather Leverkusen 3-0 - it's a funny old game...
Old 22 Feb 2005, 23:12 (Ref:1232929)   #38
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Nett result = unlikely Lister will feature in list of winners this year.
I think the priority this year is probably their return to FIA GT with the Storm. Creations decision to pull out almost certainly led to a rethink of Lister's 2005 programme.

Quote:
Mind you, Everton in Champions League, Liverpool to leather Leverkusen 3-0 - it's a funny old game...
Arsenal going down 3-1 at Bayern Munich
Old 22 Feb 2005, 23:19 (Ref:1232936)   #39
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
Off thread Bentley03, and dont know who you follow, but watching Terry Henry tonight is makes me think of Tom K driving a WR...if you see what I mean.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 23:36 (Ref:1232958)   #40
marcush.
Racer

Equatorial Guinea
Bad Ems /Germany
marcush. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I confess again being biased,but I anticipated the woes they had last year and the teams key players were well aware of the weaknesses they had in their package.
The biggest issue was clearly manpower.If you just don´t have the time to work on the car ,and you even have had no time to spent a night at home between races things happen .The boys worked wonders ,believe me .But without testing you effectively go testing on race weekends.
And for the things that happened ,the biggest issue was the nature of a P675 car:it doesn´t take well to contact being made.It´s a hard lesson to be learned for spirited drivers but you just have to avoid the chaps muscling their way .
With michelin tyres they will be on equal terms with audi double or triple stinting their rubber and for the rest we will see.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 23:46 (Ref:1232967)   #41
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Off thread Bentley03, and dont know who you follow, but watching Terry Henry tonight is makes me think of Tom K driving a WR...if you see what I mean.
Couldn't resist...

And yes, I know exactly what you mean
Old 22 Feb 2005, 23:56 (Ref:1232975)   #42
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Exactly marcush. Creation might be able to fix the mechanical woes, but the light weight 675 reg cars just get punished over the course of a race. Especially the endurance type races.
Old 23 Feb 2005, 00:08 (Ref:1232987)   #43
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is the Gainer/Factory Dome really going to be Mugen powered? i did not know that...

hopefully they get the small technical niggles worked out as that is a very strong engine as shown by the Kondo team last year...