Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Jul 2010, 04:00 (Ref:2733054)   #201
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
So does anyone want to talk about Red Bull's flexing front wing...?
I thought that was just Webbers mouth moving for no reason.....

BTW, it is also the Ferrari front wing that is suspect.
Old 26 Jul 2010, 10:15 (Ref:2733199)   #202
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85557

Quote:
Q. Over the television we heard several radio messages. Why did Rob Smedley apologise to Felipe after he had let Fernando past?

SD: It was not an apology this way...You have to consider the fact, and you can check with his communication on the radio several times in the past, that Rob Smedley's is correctly in a very good conjunction with Felipe. This is the key of their success. He gave the information to Felipe and he saw what happened and he was not happy about the situation of the car that was not so fast – sorry – was slower than the other one.
I wish Domenicali and the rest of the team wouldn't talk to the world as though it were stupid.
Old 26 Jul 2010, 10:19 (Ref:2733203)   #203
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85557

I wish Domenicali and the rest of the team wouldn't talk to the world as though it were stupid.
It is an insult to everyone's intelligence. Of course, he should just be able to say "Rob apologised for asking Felipe to move aside, but we're quite far behind in the title race and need to put all our eggs in one basket if we're to stay in the hunt" but he can't because of this stupid rule.
Old 26 Jul 2010, 11:04 (Ref:2733230)   #204
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They could have not broken the rule in the first place.

I suppose Fernando will stop moaning about the F.I.A being so against him now, until the next time.
Old 26 Jul 2010, 12:18 (Ref:2733281)   #205
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Domenicali's answers in that interview are hilarious. How can he get away with talking such drivel? Does he honestly think anyone believes that rubbish?
Old 26 Jul 2010, 13:09 (Ref:2733308)   #206
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

I suppose he doesn't think it's believable, but they have to cover their backs because otherwise they're admitting such an infraction.

Also, why wouldn't they appeal the decision if they're not guilty? See here: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85562

Quote:
we have decided not to go through a procedure of appealing against it, confident that the World Council will know how to evaluate the overall facts correctly."
So, in other words, Domenicali, you broke the rules and you know that they know the facts, so you can't appeal. That merely makes the tosh he came out with in the interview linked earlier yet sillier.
Old 26 Jul 2010, 20:36 (Ref:2733616)   #207
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all clear on the red bull front wing so at least one team is happy after Germany
Old 26 Jul 2010, 21:40 (Ref:2733650)   #208
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They could have not broken the rule in the first place.

I suppose Fernando will stop moaning about the F.I.A being so against him now, until the next time.
Nothing can get between Alonso and a good moan session. Next week he'll go mental when a Virgin car is in the same sector as he is during practice.
Old 26 Jul 2010, 23:28 (Ref:2733705)   #209
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I suppose he doesn't think it's believable, but they have to cover their backs because otherwise they're admitting such an infraction.

Also, why wouldn't they appeal the decision if they're not guilty? See here: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85562

So, in other words, Domenicali, you broke the rules and you know that they know the facts, so you can't appeal. That merely makes the tosh he came out with in the interview linked earlier yet sillier.
I think Ferrari have learned that its not breaking the rules that is punished so bad, its protestations of innocence in light of clear guilt that the WMSC comes down hard against.
Old 27 Jul 2010, 03:28 (Ref:2733768)   #210
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Its long been a habit, from Ronspeak to Horner, who is only marginally less beleievable than 'Dumbcharlie'
Old 27 Jul 2010, 05:58 (Ref:2733806)   #211
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am thinking that this mire of trouble that Ferrari are in, may well bring RedBull closer together, as Webber and Vettel can be thankful that they are given the chance to fight it out for the title.

Both of the RBR drivers might well be having a moment of introspection, thankful that they are not Felipe Massa and in the position of being asked to move over for the team mate.

At RBR, all's fair in love and war; the war between team mates on the track. At Ferrari, all's fair for two thirds of the fight, than Massa has to take a dive - and then suffer the ignomony of front the media to protest, he is a professional.

McLaren meanwhile have 2010 as theirs to lose.
Old 27 Jul 2010, 09:33 (Ref:2733889)   #212
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatz the Cow View Post
McLaren meanwhile have 2010 as theirs to lose.
Not sure about theirs to lose. Theirs to win I think. They have had the slower car for most of the season, so in a way they are lucky to be at the top - down to some great drives and decisions. They are really going to have to work to get better times out of the car. Odd it is taken them so long - but I guess last year they were similar trying to catch the Brawn, and they did a very good job towards the end of the season. I'm still optimistic that LH or JB will finish top.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 27 Jul 2010, 11:21 (Ref:2733928)   #213
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Really it's Red Bull who have it to lose. And so far they are doing a damn good job of throwing it away - pretty much every race they mess somthing up. Just in this race alone we had Vettels amaturish start, Webbers Oil problems and the teams wierd decision (or miscalculation) to pit Webber and put him back out in a pack of slower cars on long runs.

McLaren have ended up with 1st and 2nd in the WDC without ever really having the fastest car (apart from odd races when they have been on the tail of the RBR's). I suspect Mclaren can hardly believe their luck at being in the position they are in.
Old 27 Jul 2010, 14:00 (Ref:2733996)   #214
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
McLaren have ended up with 1st and 2nd in the WDC without ever really having the fastest car (apart from odd races when they have been on the tail of the RBR's). I suspect Mclaren can hardly believe their luck at being in the position they are in.
Just like in any other sport, the key is getting consistently strong results when things aren't going your way. Any idiot team can win half of the races if they have the fastest car. But McLaren have been able to win when they don't, which is part luck and part skill.

If they can develop even half as well as they did last year, they should win both championships. If not... I think it'll be tight