Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 May 2014, 03:19 (Ref:3409639)   #1
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
New hotel at MMArena. Expensive.

Take your bargain now!

ACO and the MM-Arena have joined forces and are now renting out "hotelrooms" in the MM-Arena.
Rooms are 6 m² and have 2 beds and are available from wednesday evening till sunday.
Showering and toilets are in the players facilities! But are 'private'.

Parking space is plenty available though.

And all for the bargain price of just 1100 euros.

Why did I not know that earlier? I sure would be interested!!!!

According to the mail I received from ticket@lemans.org today, only 50 rooms are still left. I guess that means that there only 50 rooms to start with????
Old 24 May 2014, 03:26 (Ref:3409642)   #2
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
GE tickets not even included!!!

http://ticket.lemans.org/hotel-mmare...ri2462836.html
Old 24 May 2014, 05:33 (Ref:3409665)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
yes i had the same e mail. real bargain at that price, wonder if they will sell any
Old 24 May 2014, 06:08 (Ref:3409670)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You pays your money, or not, you makes your choice
Old 24 May 2014, 06:49 (Ref:3409677)   #5
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Yep had the same mail in my account yesterday, they are also putting up another grandstand at the outside of the esses at €60 for a seat.
Old 24 May 2014, 07:04 (Ref:3409681)   #6
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Single 6m² room with no toilet/bathroom attached for eleven hundred euros / 4x nights (= 275 euros per night). And surely not even motel standards. What kind of an idiot would go for such a deal?

I mean yeah it has the 'location' but that's pretty much it
Old 24 May 2014, 07:16 (Ref:3409682)   #7
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I'm increasingly thinking we could have a very busy Le Mans this year. Just heard that a friend with four mates has booked too come, fairly last minute, renting a motorhome and staying on Houx Annex, and by his own account, paying quite a lot for the whole package, all largely off the back of Porsche's return.

I think there'll be plenty of folk happy to pay that sort of money, and delighted that the ACO and indeed the city of Le Mans has it as a revenue stream.
Old 24 May 2014, 07:55 (Ref:3409691)   #8
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bought some of the grandstand tickets the other day

Might be a good spot.. no mention of a big screen view though. . At 60€ they should go fast.
Old 24 May 2014, 11:22 (Ref:3409758)   #9
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Thx to the moderators for updating my slightly less PC thread title
Old 24 May 2014, 11:30 (Ref:3409759)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I'm increasingly thinking we could have a very busy Le Mans this year. Just heard that a friend with four mates has booked too come, fairly last minute, renting a motorhome and staying on Houx Annex, and by his own account, paying quite a lot for the whole package, all largely off the back of Porsche's return.

I think there'll be plenty of folk happy to pay that sort of money, and delighted that the ACO and indeed the city of Le Mans has it as a revenue stream.

I agree. If they have 50 rooms, I would expect them to sell them all. Let's not underestimate the lure of Le Mans - there are plenty of people who will go for whom €1100 is chickenfeed...... (And by the way, I'm not one of them..... ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackteck View Post
I bought some of the grandstand tickets the other day

Might be a good spot.. no mention of a big screen view though. . At 60€ they should go fast.
I'm confident there won't be a screen there.
Old 24 May 2014, 11:33 (Ref:3409761)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Thx to the moderators for updating my slightly less PC thread title

Innocent on that one.....
Old 24 May 2014, 18:05 (Ref:3409919)   #12
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The ultimate Namby-pamby experience.
Old 24 May 2014, 18:06 (Ref:3409921)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I have en-suite at mine......
Old 24 May 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3409922)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
If it rains then i will have a shower right outside my tent, sorry ayse for using that word
Old 24 May 2014, 19:03 (Ref:3409950)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No worries, 'tent' is fine........
Old 24 May 2014, 21:17 (Ref:3410012)   #16
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post

True Ian. This afternoon,when I went to the circuit, I spoke to the people working at the shop where they also deliver the tickets. I was told that this year they really expend a lot of people. The hostess said they worry to be overtaken because no other people will join them to work at the ticket office.
Old 25 May 2014, 03:15 (Ref:3410110)   #17
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Thx for the warning! I need to collect some tickets for the Classic Le Mans (I'm not going myself, but bought them on my ACO discount for smb else) so I'll go in the wee morning hours to avoid the traffic.
Old 27 May 2014, 10:29 (Ref:3411223)   #18
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While it seems a ludicrous price to pay, if people are willing to part with that much money to come and see the greatest race then it can only be good for the ACO, and in the long run, us fans.
Old 28 May 2014, 19:13 (Ref:3411988)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I guess it poses the question (possibly more for the 'Tickets on Ebay' thread), how much would you be prepared to pay......?
Old 29 May 2014, 08:48 (Ref:3412236)   #20
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't want to contemplate that question, because I don't know what limit I could place if needed.
Old 29 May 2014, 15:38 (Ref:3412372)   #21
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I guess it poses the question (possibly more for the 'Tickets on Ebay' thread), how much would you be prepared to pay......?
I suspect this is wrapped up directly alongside what are you able to pay?

To take a case in point, we tend not to do Le Mans particularly cheaply - staying in nice hotels on the way down and back - could we afford to do more? Possibly, but not to the extent that it would radically change our overall experience.

If it got to the stage where we could readily pay for a week in a local chateau, would we? Possibly the answer is yes - which would of course change the dynamic, but for the foreseeable future is a completely academic question.
Old 30 May 2014, 07:38 (Ref:3412607)   #22
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We should be thankful that you can enjoy Le Mans on whatever budget you have.

Is there another top level motorsport event where you can still roll up in your car on Saturday morning, buy a GE ticket on the gate, walk onto the terracing on the pit straight and watch 'til you drop?

Or, you can spend thousands on luxury chateaux, hospitality, grandstands, the finest wines available to humanity, and so on.
Old 30 May 2014, 20:11 (Ref:3412879)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, absolutely true Guy