Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jun 2015, 15:10 (Ref:3545217)   #1
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Running club

As I could understand I'm not the only one pondering to do a run around Circuit de La Sarthe I thought a thread dedicated to the subject would be acceptable.

The idea is simply to gather all who wants to do the run in a group and do it together. If it is possible to do all the Km on the track surface I don't know, yet.
All ideas and suggestions to wether it is possible to run the full track is very welcome!

So who is up for a run!?
Old 5 Jun 2015, 15:21 (Ref:3545221)   #2
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm probably going to have a walk around the track hopefully.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 15:42 (Ref:3545230)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Having last 'ran' in about 1982, possibly not, but I shall cheer you on virtually......
Old 5 Jun 2015, 15:52 (Ref:3545235)   #4
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a great idea and I am sure i remember drivers (McNish??) doing it in the past - although being a driver may open some sections of track usually closed.
I won't be there in time, but next year maybe...
Old 5 Jun 2015, 15:59 (Ref:3545240)   #5
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This year will most likely serve as reconnaissance for next year
Old 5 Jun 2015, 17:37 (Ref:3545279)   #6
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I asked a very similar question on pistonheads only this afternoon, as some of the guys have done so before. I know when/where they meet if you want to join in.

I'd like to, but am very very slow, and 8.5 miles will be pretty much be a top distance for me (doing my first HM in October and full one in April next year). I fear there is a lady who's not arriving until Friday who will be dragging me for a run over the weekend too!
Old 5 Jun 2015, 17:42 (Ref:3545282)   #7
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetdave901 View Post
I asked a very similar question on pistonheads only this afternoon, as some of the guys have done so before. I know when/where they meet if you want to join in.

I'd like to, but am very very slow, and 8.5 miles will be pretty much be a top distance for me (doing my first HM in October and full one in April next year). I fear there is a lady who's not arriving until Friday who will be dragging me for a run over the weekend too!
Sounds interesting, if there isn't that many in here who wants to do it, then I might take you up on the offer .

Do you know if they are doing the entire run on the track itself, or is using the spectator area?
Old 5 Jun 2015, 21:09 (Ref:3545339)   #8
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Next year I make sure I'm ready to run. I'll pass for this year. btw already on my way and my running shoes are at home.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 21:35 (Ref:3545351)   #9
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They're doing th whole circuit, will drop you a line mate.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 22:01 (Ref:3545358)   #10
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Haha, Running For Le Mans!

Seriously, too bad I won't be there, would have loved to join the run and quite frankly I don't understand why the ACO isn't organizing something similar (maybe on Friday?) to have various attendees (drivers, team members, officials, spectators, media folks, etc.) participating in a fund raiser for a charity TBA.

Anyways, a challenge nevertheless and that bridge in the Porsche Curves is a killer at 7,5 miles or so into the lap, ouch!
Old 6 Jun 2015, 17:30 (Ref:3545584)   #11
BTCC 318d
Rookie

BTCC 318d has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Early thursday morning at TR for the langostine one - some PHers do it as well.

I'm tempted, but can only really do 5k, not 10 odd. Will try to do a lap by cycle isntead
Old 6 Jun 2015, 20:12 (Ref:3545627)   #12
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Might do the track on my foldable bike. 13.6 kms on foot is a bit too much...
Old 7 Jun 2015, 19:06 (Ref:3545859)   #13
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
And to think I was thinking of a 24 hour running event initially....
Old 7 Jun 2015, 19:16 (Ref:3545861)   #14
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Not everything involves 24hour running David
Old 8 Jun 2015, 05:28 (Ref:3546004)   #15
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We wouldn't want to overshadow the main event....
Old 8 Jun 2015, 09:30 (Ref:3546068)   #16
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
We wouldn't want to overshadow the main event....
Bit of branding and we'll be well away...
Old 8 Jun 2015, 09:36 (Ref:3546071)   #17
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bit of branding and we'll be well away...
now that just sounds painful.. but it might make people run faster!
Old 8 Jun 2015, 21:31 (Ref:3546278)   #18
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
I think I will try to join the PistonHead running group (if I can find their start location), and see how it goes .

Next year however we should plan to have a TenTenths group up and litterally Running
Old 8 Jun 2015, 22:45 (Ref:3546304)   #19
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
If you're on the inside of the circuit, with Tertre Rouge ahead of you, the campsite (and thus entrance) is to your right - behind the big concrete section wall. Team Langoustine - they normally have signs up, it's a bit of a 'you can't miss it' as it's the only campsite along that stretch.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 07:49 (Ref:3546388)   #20
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Thanks David!
I'll investigate a bit in advance once I'm down there
Old 11 Jun 2015, 14:18 (Ref:3547446)   #21
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Congratulations CTD on your run today. Almost a half marathon in very hot and humid conditions.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 21:44 (Ref:3551356)   #22
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Thank you Christopher!
Yes I did it (although it almost killed me), and will do it again in 2016, so I hope more will join me at the same place and time as this year. Team Langoustine campsite at 9:30.

Start the training now, so you are all ready!
Old 17 Jun 2015, 08:58 (Ref:3551477)   #23
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Count me in!
Old 17 Jun 2015, 10:33 (Ref:3551487)   #24
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Started training yesterday....