Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 12 Dec 2015, 13:25 (Ref:3597286)   #1
Stevie Tease
Rookie

Stevie Tease should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Starting Production 8v advice please.

Hi All,

I am interested in getting into rallycross next year and i am looking at the production 8v class.

Can someone tell me where can i find the production 8v meet diary for next year? and how i would actually go about getting me and the car to the start line in regards for booking in for the races please.

I have just applied for my NatB and club membership and live quite close to Croft so that would be my local track.
I have found the regs i need on the BRDA website so the plan is to get a late Saxo VTR and pretty much go from there.

Any advice is appreciated and please feel free to start right at the bottom as i am a total beginner so you will not offend
Cheers
Stevie
Old 13 Dec 2015, 09:35 (Ref:3597463)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
The only advice I can give you is to buy a car that is already a prepared (and known) one for whatever type of racing you are intending doing.
As you are starting "from scratch" it will be cheaper than getting a road car and converting it, although you may not believe this nine times out of ten it proves true and always costs loads more than you think it will.
However if you have unlimited money just pay someone else to build it for you !!!!!!

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 13 Dec 2015 at 09:41.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 13 Dec 2015, 11:06 (Ref:3597469)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Use your licence to get into the Autosport show on the Friday when its cheaper and go and find the rallycross people there, they will sort you out.

You could also use the car for single venue rallies which would be more fun I expect, but obviously need to keep lights seats.

Also praps sprinting or hillclimbing, a few venues up there inc Croft.
Old 13 Dec 2015, 12:32 (Ref:3597479)   #4
Stevie Tease
Rookie

Stevie Tease should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers guys, I managed to find registration through the BTRDA members site eventually and the guy who looks after BTRDA FB page (John Rook) has also got me going in the right direction.
I used to race minis over 20years back (everything has changed since then!) and always built our own, somehow the idea of buying someone's old car has never appealed to me but i totally agree that this would be cheaper.
I will also look into the sprint side of things as this is something i haven't really checked out yet.
Thanks for the advice