Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Apr 2013, 13:22 (Ref:3239655)   #76
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Come on guys. So I take it Bottas is crap then?
Old 26 Apr 2013, 18:15 (Ref:3239729)   #77
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bottas who ?
Old 27 Apr 2013, 11:39 (Ref:3239947)   #78
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well rather than moan at Perez perhaps we should try to get Button to drive faster, he is capable of it but just seems to prefer not to at the moment
Why all the grief for Checo? Whitmarsh and Michael essentially told him to buck his ideas up. So he did......

I thought Perez did well in Bahrain. Button, although a really good driver, seems to have stopped trying. Perez has obviously thought, if it is good enough for Vettel, it is good enough for me. So he door handled Button; so what? Any team mate will want to beat his oppo. Instead of whinging like a big girl's blouse, he needs to up the anti. OK; Perez has had some history but he has shown promise when the car works and the team has tried a different strategy. And the McLaren environment will be strange for him. Look at Lewis now; happy, smiling, chilled................

The problem is that this year's McLaren is a shed. They should have got the 2012 car back out from under the dust sheets. That car at least was getting decent results at the end of last year. Why design something new when the regs are stable and the previous year's car need tweaking?

As an aside, think about this; Sam Michael was TD at Williams - crap car; moves to McLaren - crap car !! Co-incidence or what.
Old 10 Nov 2016, 09:47 (Ref:3686935)   #79
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The America election has hit F1.

Perez has dumped one of his sponsors after they said something about Mexicans.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/pe...mp-row-848033/
Old 10 Nov 2016, 11:35 (Ref:3686941)   #80
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Shows some F1 drivers have common decency, but then what do you expect when his country has been insulted by Drumpf
Old 10 Nov 2016, 15:52 (Ref:3686983)   #81
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
good for him.

typically your hear brands dropping people if they say or do something detrimental to the brand...nice to see it working both ways.
Old 10 Nov 2016, 18:53 (Ref:3687008)   #82
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i have never heard of the brand before so his deciding to ditch them must be better than the exposure they did not get by actually sponsoring him.
Old 10 Nov 2016, 19:13 (Ref:3687014)   #83
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the deal is probably them sending him free stuff so it's not.... huge but good on him for standing up for his country publicly.
Old 10 Nov 2016, 23:39 (Ref:3687061)   #84
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
the deal is probably them sending him free stuff so it's not.... huge but good on him for standing up for his country publicly.
Before we advance Perez to sainthood, maybe we should think how long his Telmex backing would last with that type of secondary sponsor around.
Old 10 Nov 2016, 23:58 (Ref:3687064)   #85
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it would last a long time regardless.

next?

i'm not advancing him to sainthood, and i'm not saying he was right to make a song and dance either. it's all a bit social justice warrior for me. but fair enough, if he took offence and wanted to make a stand then good on him for doing so.