Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 27 Feb 2010, 10:18 (Ref:2641366)   #1
Citroen Manic
Rookie

Citroen Manic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TOCKWITH Test day March 7th

Just opened an E Mail from PSM, the Open Championship is having a test/media day with tv filming footage and interviews with drivers at Tockwith. Better get the Saxo sorted. Only a week away!!.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 18:47 (Ref:2642080)   #2
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you know if it will be open to the public? Only 20 mins from home, so may have a quick ride over to see what's going on. Was gutted about Croft, so really hoping this works and can be developed into a decent venue. All the other UK venues involve a 2 to 5 hour drive from here.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 07:23 (Ref:2642466)   #3
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Mad Mark Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Do you know if it will be open to the public? Only 20 mins from home, so may have a quick ride over to see what's going on. Was gutted about Croft, so really hoping this works and can be developed into a decent venue. All the other UK venues involve a 2 to 5 hour drive from here.
Hi there
Dont think Spectators are allowed yet as all permits and banking are in place yet however you are welcome to come along with the team of two cars (mine and Adam)as you live so close!
wont be running xsara much just for TV stuff no point in waring out the car before season and i think i know how to drive it by now

mark
Old 1 Mar 2010, 08:36 (Ref:2642484)   #4
StockHatch782
Racer

StockHatch782 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope this goes well; it'd be great to see a new rallycross circuit in Britain. As long as it's good to drive and watch, and has plenty of facilites, it'll be a nice addition to the calendar.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 08:52 (Ref:2642495)   #5
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mark Watson View Post
Hi there
i think i know how to drive it by now

mark

Are you sure ?

Old 1 Mar 2010, 10:05 (Ref:2642531)   #6
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted View Post
Are you sure ?

o yesss!!!
Old 1 Mar 2010, 18:14 (Ref:2642816)   #7
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Thanks for the offer Mark, as I'm new on here it's much appreciated. Sadly, I will not be able to make it as her indoors has dictated that I construct some new bedroom furniture for our un born child! Not worth disagreeing with a 34 week pregnant woman! Once I re surface after said arrival I shall make a point of saying hello at the next event I can get to, probably Tockwith on the 29th Aug. Thanks again.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 07:12 (Ref:2643162)   #8
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Quote:
Thanks for the offer Mark, as I'm new on here it's much appreciated. Sadly, I will not be able to make it as her indoors has dictated that I construct some new bedroom furniture for our un born child! Not worth disagreeing with a 34 week pregnant woman! Once I re surface after said arrival I shall make a point of saying hello at the next event I can get to, probably Tockwith on the 29th Aug. Thanks again.
ah well no problem hope we see you soon at an event!
Old 7 Mar 2010, 20:29 (Ref:2646922)   #9
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, what did people think to Tockwith then?
Old 8 Mar 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2647669)   #10
A20 YBP
Rookie

England
York
A20 YBP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got car finished late Sat night and went on Sunday for a bit of a shakedown. Thought circuit was good, quite fast but loose was a bit rough. Had a good day tho.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 23:00 (Ref:2647808)   #11
GM!
Rookie

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
GM! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I interviewed the drivers for the TV promo towards the end of the day and all agreed that the circuit had lots of potential. It was certainly fast, most were taking the chicane after the first corner flat and changing up mid way through! The circuit reminded me a lot of Croft.

It was always expected that some changes would be needed, especially depending on how the loose sections fared. It was a found necessary to temporarily alter the start/finish area on safety grounds after someone who shall remain nameless (he took enough stick at the time) finally did what he'd been promising to do all day and rolled after clipping the tyres, christening both circuit and car. It certainly slowed things down but most drivers preferred the original layout. The good news is that it should be possible to revert back to the faster layout as a better location has been found for the paddock/spectators.

For a first attempt, the new circuit really did turn out to be far better than the organisors could have hoped for. The cars looked fast too - I think it's going to be a cracking track when the rough edges have been ironed out.
Old 9 Mar 2010, 08:07 (Ref:2647963)   #12
Citroen Manic
Rookie

Citroen Manic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM! View Post
and all agreed that the circuit had lots of potential. The circuit reminded me a lot of Croft.

For a first attempt, the new circuit really did turn out to be far better than the organisors could have hoped for. The cars looked fast too - I think it's going to be a cracking track when the rough edges have been ironed out.

The test day was a huge success and all drivers liked the circuit especialy as it only got the green light a week before, so it all became a bit of a rush for the PSM team to get it ready!!.

It is very similar to the original croft so much so that already i call one corner MAD HATTERS!!
Old 14 Mar 2010, 19:33 (Ref:2652025)   #13
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Just watched the video's on the ROC website, as you say looks very similar to Croft and fast too. Here's hoping it develops in the intended way and we see lots of racing from BOTH championships.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 10:59 (Ref:2652511)   #14
StockHatch782
Racer

Quote:
Just watched the video's on the ROC website, as you say looks very similar to Croft and fast too. Here's hoping it develops in the intended way and we see lots of racing from BOTH championships.
Could you add a link to those please? I'd be interested to see them.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 12:50 (Ref:2652599)   #15
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Hopefully this will work. www.rallycrossopen.com/psmmedia.php
Old 15 Mar 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2652798)   #16
StockHatch782
Racer

Thanks for that, looks interesting. Seems to be a fast circuit; is that what the barrier chicanes are for?
Old 15 Mar 2010, 20:16 (Ref:2652944)   #17
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
I would assume so, drivers who were there should be able to give us a better idea.