Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jun 2010, 22:10 (Ref:2710297)   #51
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
It's bad enough having to try and watch a race where the graphics are smaller than a pixel on a screen (I am watching on a 40+ in telly).
Really? Which ones - Seems ok on my 37"...

M.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 22:55 (Ref:2710370)   #52
Mockenrue
Racer

United Kingdom
Chippenham, Wiltshire, UK
Mockenrue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm watching on a 50" plasma and in HD the graphics are perfectly crisp and clear, but in SD they're only barely legible.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 05:47 (Ref:2710559)   #53
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As said above. The size of the telly isn't the issue, it is the (lack off) decent resolution.
This is standard fare for Eurosport. Made worse as they seem to have a low bandwidth on standard definition.

In the NASCAR forum whinging about the quality of the picture means you aren't a real fan
Old 13 Jun 2010, 06:11 (Ref:2710575)   #54
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm just happy we have nearly the entire race 100% live in Australia via Eurosport and on another channel we are getting most of the Speed coverage on our ONE channel as well.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 06:21 (Ref:2710585)   #55
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yesterday's coverage was good once they got going. I don't find CK as irritating as others so it wasn't too bad.

Eurosport Player is down again this morning, it won't play the LM coverage
Old 13 Jun 2010, 08:17 (Ref:2710687)   #56
moonman
Rookie

moonman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm too happy with the Eurosport coverage, remember that we get 100% coverage of the race + the qualifying sessons. Could be a lot less so we are lucky.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 08:36 (Ref:2710711)   #57
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonman View Post
I'm too happy with the Eurosport coverage, remember that we get 100% coverage of the race + the qualifying sessons. Could be a lot less so we are lucky.
Well, not quite 100% as they did lose about twenty minutes due to some scheduling cock-up late last night.

But yeah, not been too bad.

But what I don't get is, why don't they just show the entire race on one channel? Why do we have to go channel-hopping every couple of hours?!!
Old 13 Jun 2010, 08:50 (Ref:2710734)   #58
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonman View Post
...and we didn't get full coverage of the quali sessions, ES player was down on Thursday night and then they showed the 24 minute programmes rather than the live track sessions....
Old 13 Jun 2010, 09:20 (Ref:2710775)   #59
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
But what I don't get is, why don't they just show the entire race on one channel? Why do we have to go channel-hopping every couple of hours?!!
It's not Euromotorsport and Eurosport 2 has much smaller reach... in a scale of 1:10 if I remember correctly.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 11:43 (Ref:2710937)   #60
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I guess some can't get Eurosport 2. So it would be unfair to have it all on that. It would also be unfair on those who don't like motorsport to have it exclusively on the main Eurosport channel.

Full marks to Eurosport for showing it all, one way all another.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 12:52 (Ref:2711019)   #61
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
IMO they did a good job this year.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 14:37 (Ref:2711116)   #62
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes they did, nice to see them hang about for an extra 30 mins after the race too. Even Carlton was bearable. I'd take him over Liz "when I raced at Le Mans" Halliday anyday.

I wish it would go back to like it was in 2007 though, with Martin Haven doing a monster 26 hour stint in the booth, that was hilarious during the night, when the sleep deprevation kicked in.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 15:15 (Ref:2711155)   #63
Piglet
Veteran

The race was definitely better than qualifying. I don't think I'll ever understand why they ran pre-recorded content whilst there was a live session on track. Can you imagine getting to F1 Q2 and saying "and here's an interview we filmed with someone completely irrelevant 2 weeks ago"? Plus that bloke was really really irritating, they had any number of competent commentators, we don't need someone who doesn't know what he is talking about

I really liked Liz Halliday commentating, at least she knew what she was talking about and can put an intelligent input into what is happening. KC doesn't irritate me as much as he does others

I was very very pleased that they hung around for the podium, last year they finished before the podiums. So that was a real improvement and thanks to ES for that. I'd still like to see the rest of the podiums though.

They need to iron out the problems with the ES player, it's really bloody irritating when it's your only feed and it just doesn't work.

I still prefer the motors coverage from two years ago, but that didn't have an internet option I suppose. At least it appeared to me that ES did a much better job than usual of keeping to their advertised schedule.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 16:14 (Ref:2711191)   #64
RoeDent
Racer

Wales
Wales
RoeDent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'll admit there were a lot more channel changes than last year (where they went from 9.30pm-10am on 'the big dog' as Martin Haven is prone to calling it), but it is only one button and the transitions (barring the 10 mins lost at 11.30pm) were reasonably smooth.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 16:26 (Ref:2711205)   #65
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
HD was fabulous. Have to confess, they were mostly muted in favour of RLM but I'm sure the company doesn't mind as long as I'm on their channel or using Eurosport Player.

Great to have 24 hour coverage.

Do hope they improve their LMS coverage for the final 3 races. It deserves better. The racing is the same as LM, minus a few cars, and just as exciting.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 05:13 (Ref:2711654)   #66
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here in Australia we've only got two Eurosport channels, a sports channel and a news only channel.

We didn't suffer the channel changes you guys did and we got 22 of the 24 hours live (some other sport was shown at around 6:30am our time).

I have to say I enjoyed the banter of the (at the track remembering we are about 8 hours ahead of you guys) pre dawn commentary team where they had no pit reporters and relied on what they saw out the window, on the timing screens, text messages and e-mails.

Eurosport is on Pay TV here but for those without Pay TV they could watch most of the 24hour by tuning into ONE (free to air digital sports channel) and put up with the Speed version of the coverage and interuptions like F1 Qualifying.

I preferred the less slick Eurosport coverage plus there was less and shorter ad breaks as well as being less "American" (Eurosports picture was also about 10 seconds ahead of Speed down here).
Old 14 Jun 2010, 13:33 (Ref:2711903)   #67
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
first time out with Eurosport and my only complaint was the pop up ads. after a bit, i stopped noticing that i could finance my new Porsche at 1.9% and it had no affect on me whatsoever.

*on hold with the salesman at my local Porsche dealer...*
Old 14 Jun 2010, 23:02 (Ref:2712285)   #68
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
This is the last year of the Eurosport deal (I checked it). Hopefully the ratings were good enough that ACO can demand better better. Going to back to Motors would be generally and especially internationally a step back. Is the Intercontinental Cup (especially thinking about 2011) a bargaining tool? And a burden to Eurosport?
Old 15 Jun 2010, 02:45 (Ref:2712342)   #69
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can see here in OZ we missed some of the stuff you guys got belted with over in Europe. But all I can say, is since the local Pay-TV operate added EuroSport onto the the channel list, it has been great! Don't care about the commentators, just the racing!

After having endured with either listening to Radio Lemans or some sort of timing, it was awesome to be able to watch so much of the 24. It was great when one of our free-to-air channels played it last year, but there effort looked half baked this year as compare to what we got via our EuroSport channel feed on Foxtel.

Thank you EuroSport!!!
Old 15 Jun 2010, 07:40 (Ref:2712414)   #70
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Does anyone know if any highlights programme is planned by any of the channels? For those of us at the race, it would be welcome, otherwise we'll have to wait a few months till the DVD appears.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 08:33 (Ref:2712435)   #71
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure the IC is a bargaining chip for the ACO against Eurosport.

On the whole, aside from Le Mans, their sportscar racing coverage is pretty poor.

M.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 14:01 (Ref:2712592)   #72
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Isn't it time the ACO looked at streaming all races live?

Eurosport can still deliver high quality highlights packages when full live coverage isn't posssible?
Old 16 Jun 2010, 09:47 (Ref:2713058)   #73
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Isn't it time the ACO looked at streaming all races live?
Yep . I would have thought it would be a priority. What year are we in? and we still have to put up with some of the crap coverage and second rate streams when they are available.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 19:32 (Ref:2713910)   #74
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Maybe this onboard+some studio commentating stream was a start. It was sponsored by Peugeot but it was at lemans.org.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 20:25 (Ref:2713937)   #75
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Maybe this onboard+some studio commentating stream was a start. It was sponsored by Peugeot but it was at lemans.org.
Although the Peugeot TV shut down as soon as the last Pug was out
Closed Thread