Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jun 2014, 22:06 (Ref:3414994)   #476
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's probably been asked but what quality is eurosport player?
Old 3 Jun 2014, 22:17 (Ref:3414999)   #477
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
720x404, 1800 kbps and the HD channel(s) if available 2500 kbps.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 23:08 (Ref:3415015)   #478
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't really care about the race, the real question is, will Robbie Nock return to host Le Mans 24 Minutes?

I missed him last year.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 06:08 (Ref:3415092)   #479
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Cool, hadn't seen that one before. Can't go wrong with that quote. Gave me goosebumps.

As for Eurosport I just had the HD-versions of Eurosport 1 & 2 added to my TV-package, so now I'm all set for the race
Old 4 Jun 2014, 15:11 (Ref:3415267)   #480
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
I don't really care about the race, the real question is, will Robbie Nock return to host Le Mans 24 Minutes?

I missed him last year.
Truly this is the most crucial part.

I may have some... umm, good news on that front. Portuguese Eurosport has this describtion of 24 Minutes programme:
"DESPORTOS MOTORIZADOS: Le Mans 24 Minutes - Magazine apresentado por Robbie Nock e Sebastien Tiffert (30min)"

Now since no other Eurosport version appears to be have picked this it is possible it's just some description from few years ago they've recycled meaning he's not gonna be there, however we now better prepare ourself for the possibility of

You know, if this happens it's not really the worst thing ever. I mean obviously Robbie's absolutely awful at presenting, but rarely can you see such comedy gold on sports channel. Watching him is so awkwardly funny that it's totally worth it. Sitcom material for sure.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 16:33 (Ref:3415307)   #481
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Someone could ask him via Twitter - https://twitter.com/NockRobbie or we could just wait till Monday night.....
Old 4 Jun 2014, 21:54 (Ref:3415473)   #482
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
If he's on it, I'll just do what I do every year and just filter out all that Nockery out of there; they'll probably have someone else just as hopeless if he's not on it - it's the Eurosport way. Inept presenters are almost part of Eurosport's charm at this point. You'd be disappointed if they actually drafted in someone competent.

I don't like even good punditry or syrupy lifestyle segments come to think of it. Just relentless raw race coverage that befits an epic; that's what I like about LeMans weekend - you can choke on the raw race coverage there's so much of it, skip over the fluff.

Commentators are a different game. They need to be appropriate. i.e. any slate of chatterboxes sans Kirby.

Last edited by Paradise City; 4 Jun 2014 at 22:00.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 23:49 (Ref:3415493)   #483
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
If he's on it, I'll just do what I do every year and just filter out all that Nockery out of there; they'll probably have someone else just as hopeless if he's not on it - it's the Eurosport way. Inept presenters are almost part of Eurosport's charm at this point. You'd be disappointed if they actually drafted in someone competent.
Liz Halliday was the co-host last year. I don't really like her has a tv commentator but I'd say he is pretty competent compared to Knock. iirc the other host was Sebastien Tiffert, who is ok (ok as in not embarrassing or annoying).
Old 5 Jun 2014, 17:38 (Ref:3415838)   #484
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tiffert's not great either but he's like Martin Brundle in comparison to the two French pitlane ladies with their terrible questions and accents, aka Yvan Muller's pretty girlfriend and the one with exhaustingly long name.

But maybe they kicked one of them out since here's (another) confirmation of Halliday switching to pitlane duties full time: http://www.motorsport.com/lemans/new...ational-debut/

edit: Justine is confirmed
Old 5 Jun 2014, 19:11 (Ref:3415880)   #485
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
edit: Justine is confirmed
Where?

ACO should PAY Eurosport to take their own pitlane reporter (Louise in WEC feeds). Justine detriments the overall broadcast really that much.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 19:32 (Ref:3415890)   #486
Deleted
Veteran

Having re-looked at it, I can't find actual confirmation of it anywhere so my bad, however her re-tweeting this surely gives indication of her return?

Old 9 Jun 2014, 18:26 (Ref:3417719)   #487
Bubak
Rookie

Bubak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBubak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty HOT news! No Carlton Kirby for this year event!

https://twitter.com/carltonkirby/status/475631705303552001

Stuart Hall and Damien Faulkner were reported to join Martin Haven, Jeremy Shaw and Liz Halliday (pit report) two months ago.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 18:28 (Ref:3417721)   #488
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good. After 3 weeks of having to hear him call the Giro I've heard more than enough of him for a while...

Last edited by Canada ALMS fan; 9 Jun 2014 at 18:33.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 18:30 (Ref:3417722)   #489
deggis
Veteran

Finland
@carltonkirby
@Richard_S_Kelly Sadly not this time Richard.

Sadly, "sadly" is not the word I'm having in mind.

ps. My attempt to keep all tv & streaming talk in one thread not working so far http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141812
Old 9 Jun 2014, 18:36 (Ref:3417727)   #490
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alas, perhaps another thread will do it.

I've normally subscribed to Eurosport player for the month of June so I can watch this when I'm not at the track in the build-up. I guess I'll stick to the LM app this year.

As a reminder to all the programmes are all in sky planner in the UK now, so I have set it to record them all.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 22:49 (Ref:3417873)   #491
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who the hell is doing the voiceover on those filler pieces - is it Stuart Hall?
Old 9 Jun 2014, 23:16 (Ref:3417882)   #492
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I think Jeremy Shaw is brilliant. The man has his head screwed on and doesn't pull punches. Haven can be a bit too excitable but with Kirby off the furniture I shant complain. Good slate of commentators, won't have to strain a back muscle with an awkward lurch towards the mute button this year.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 14:52 (Ref:3418167)   #493
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will Eurosport have an uninterrupted commentator free, commercial free stream this year?
Old 10 Jun 2014, 17:18 (Ref:3418239)   #494
Deleted
Veteran

Yes indeedy!

Back to the commentators, yeah without Kirby onboard and more driver input it's indeed very stellar now. Looking forward to it. But I really could do without Chris Parsons's voice of death too. He's sort of passable for the Legends sprint but not really for the main event. Two years ago when he was left alone with Neville Hay (as in no real babysitter to nanny them) during graveyard shift was some of the worst piece commentating I've ever heard. It was like they both suddenly transformed into two drunk old men sitting in Irish pub leisurely chitchatting about race they were following from previous day's local newspaper.

Last edited by Deleted; 10 Jun 2014 at 17:30.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3418247)   #495
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Yes indeedy!
Perfect. I hope RLM syncs up with this really well.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 20:48 (Ref:3418321)   #496
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gotta say the time given to Le Mans by Eurosport is bloody fantastic. They literally cover every session as well as the Group C race, you couldn't ask for more. I mean they even cover the morning warmup on the Saturday which I've never actually seen despite being there live a few times.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 01:46 (Ref:3418386)   #497
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Could we try to keep the discussion in the new thread I made? That was the point in making it. Maybe this thread can be bumped again after the race, for usual whining and ranting (hopefully less need for it this year).

=> http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141812

If more than one thread are up when the race starts, then they probably will both stay up and then the situation is irritating because everything is discussed and posted twice.

Last edited by deggis; 11 Jun 2014 at 01:53.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 06:03 (Ref:3418410)   #498
Articus
Veteran

I tried out the British Eurosport player. I played one of the 24 minutes of Le Mans episodes. I can say I was expecting a higher quality stream. Does the player set this automatically based on connection.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 06:53 (Ref:3418428)   #499
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Could we try to keep the discussion in the new thread I made? That was the point in making it. Maybe this thread can be bumped again after the race, for usual whining and ranting (hopefully less need for it this year).

=> http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141812
This makes sense to me. For the time being, I'll close this one - until everyone whines and rants about it......