Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jul 2010, 17:23 (Ref:2727671)   #26
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
I'm callin BS on the flavio deal - why would anyone let it slip he was going to be involved while they were trying to impress the fia?

One rumour is a gp2 team is the technical force behind this (piquet sport? Lol)
AFAIK none of the GP2 teams would be capable of actually building a car.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 18:22 (Ref:2728157)   #27
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Somehow i cant see this happening, having said that i would love to see him manage it, it would be cool to see Villeneuve Racing on the grid especially as Gilles dreamed of doing exactly that all those years ago. Fingers crossed for Jacques.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 18:29 (Ref:2728162)   #28
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
One rumour is a gp2 team is the technical force behind this (piquet sport? Lol)
italiaracing suggests it's durango, which is quite possibly the most ridiculous rumour i've ever heard. their gp2 history was dubious to say the least, and they left the series with a steering rack failure halfway up eau rouge during the feature race last year. i don't remember hearing of any resolution to their tax evasion cases either.

allegedly.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2728167)   #29
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, Durango said they were interested before. Only slightly more sensible than Stefanovic.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 18:37 (Ref:2728169)   #30
NeilB
Rookie

England
NeilB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Durango have had their own bid on the table for the 13th slot for some time now. Wouldn't surprise me if they are using Villeneuve as a way of getting investors/money into the team which it desperately needs if it can't run both it's GP2 operations this year.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 19:04 (Ref:2728187)   #31
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
they're only doing auto gp on the international-ish front this year. they gave up their gp2 slot at the end of last year but claim to have a new investor. who of course, would have to fund all the tax shortages before starting anything else. that in itself is a huge investment before you've bought any actual assets...
Old 18 Jul 2010, 10:19 (Ref:2728393)   #32
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post

Stirling Moss was in the paddock last weekend, probably scouting for a drive. I haven't seen the 'Moss coming back?' thread just yet though.

This is my favourite post of yours:

"A friend of mine who works for ferrari said he was there when schumacher used to simulator at the maranello hq I cant believe what he told me!

he said schumi did a race at valencia on "HARD" mode and crashed at the first corner and had to pit but after a long race he was even lapped by them indian cars!! apparently he kept going "just one more go one more" and after a few goes the engineers tried to get him out but he got all violent and they had to inject him to restrain him.

what made it worse was apparently one of the guys kept making hamiltons car extra fast and overtaking him"

There was an article in a recent F1 Racing magazine about Villeneuve. He was saying he'd like to drive for Ferrari.
All three are very ridiculous. Last year, not knowing any better, I seriously suggested the JV threat be shut down. I won't do that again, but I'd like to compare it to the Massa_Number1 thread about Schumi simulator run that was closed. I concede that the JV thread is less ridiculous. It's also true that if you pee in the ocean, the ocean gets bigger. The JV threads end up being pretty funny and entertaining, but the simulator thread was comedic gold, nee platinum. Yet, the simulator thread was shut down and the JV threads spread like a virus. There's even a new strain every year. This year's has developed an owner gene giving it immunity to the 'no one will hire him' argument.

Perhaps I can help...

I talked to Jacques, I call him that because he told me to (I called him Jack, actually Jack***), he said he would never return to F1. He said he couldn't even score points on the old PS1 game in the '97 Williams. He also pointed out how Schumacher is doing this year. He said he finished 3rd in a local lawnmower race and is doing well in general, though.

Last edited by HughGJohnson; 18 Jul 2010 at 10:23. Reason: pasted 2nd hand quote
Old 18 Jul 2010, 15:03 (Ref:2728461)   #33
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughGJohnson View Post
He said he finished 3rd in a local lawnmower race and is doing well in general, though.
No doubt that the 1st and 2nd place finishers now think that they could have easily 'taken it' to JV back in 97.

Bring it on JV! At least we'll have some 'character' back in F1.
Old 18 Jul 2010, 15:39 (Ref:2728486)   #34
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massa_number1 View Post
i think this is a lie while on holiday in america i met him and he said f1 isnt the same anymore and he never wants to come back unless its with williams again and they bring back damon hill as his team mate
Yeah, I met him afterwards and he said you owe him millions of bucks for that **** you sold to him penned as a F1 car that he was planning to use in his F1 entry !
Old 18 Jul 2010, 19:10 (Ref:2728647)   #35
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Yeah, I met him afterwards and he said you owe him millions of bucks for that **** you sold to him penned as a F1 car that he was planning to use in his F1 entry !

Very good...
Old 19 Jul 2010, 11:01 (Ref:2728961)   #36
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I'd love to see JV back. As mentioned above, it'd be another character wouldn't it!

Selby
Old 19 Jul 2010, 16:51 (Ref:2729140)   #37
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If we want characters, what about these?

Then maybe Stirling Moss would come back.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 20:33 (Ref:2729292)   #38
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
http://italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=28206&cat=1

yeah so this whole project isn't at all dodgy then...
Old 20 Jul 2010, 09:05 (Ref:2729512)   #39
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gheddafi Jr.??
Old 20 Jul 2010, 09:19 (Ref:2729516)   #40
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Colonel Gaddafi's son. Seems like the Italians want to spell it differently.

EDIT : Wikipedia articles on father and son. I don't think this team will be getting in if either the Gaddafi Jr or the Flav stuff is true. If both, it would almost be funny.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 08:11 (Ref:2729987)   #41
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
wow, he IS as daft as he looks:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85401
Old 21 Jul 2010, 10:10 (Ref:2730038)   #42
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I find it quite interesting that he's parted ways with Stefan GP for these...?

Selby
Old 21 Jul 2010, 10:41 (Ref:2730048)   #43
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Stefan GP weren't much more than the odd press release.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 11:01 (Ref:2730058)   #44
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
I think they're applying for an entry.

Selby
Old 21 Jul 2010, 11:06 (Ref:2730060)   #45
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Fast forward 6 months:

Quote:
Villeneuve Overlooked by Villeneuve
by Micky T. Kerr

New Villeneuve GP team principal Jacques Villeneuve has quashed rumours that 1997 World Champion Jacques Villeneuve would be signing with them for 2011. "We've seen how difficult it has been for new teams in 2010, and we need to make sure we've got the right personnel" said Villeneuve. "Jacques has been hanging round the factory trying to ingratiate himself, but ideally we want someone quick."
Old 21 Jul 2010, 11:08 (Ref:2730063)   #46
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I think they're applying for an entry.

Selby
Yes. They have as much chance as I would if I applied, promising to race a modified bathtub.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 12:33 (Ref:2730108)   #47
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
I dont know why but every time I see a pic of JV I get the Basement Jaxx song 'Where's your head at' in my head.

The monkey in the song's video has to be related..... (Maybe it should have been 'Basement Jacques')

Old 21 Jul 2010, 12:37 (Ref:2730110)   #48
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://http://msn.planetf1.com/news/18227/6272287/Villeneuve-clarifies-funding-rumours

Yep usual claptrap re funding.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 14:13 (Ref:2730167)   #49
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
Yes. They have as much chance as I would if I applied, promising to race a modified bathtub.
Well, if that's the case, how about a joint venture, Duke??

I'm sure I can find some backhand sponsorship. We'll create a makeshift wind tunnel and put that tub through its paces.

I wonder if the taps would class as an aerodynamic device?

Selby
Old 21 Jul 2010, 14:23 (Ref:2730175)   #50
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Yeah, why not. What about getting a mate of mine to build a railgun to stick on the front? I'm pretty sure the technical regulations don't say "no projectile weapons"