Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Jul 2010, 06:00 (Ref:2728853)   #26
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
I hear this is the final act which will give Ron a knighthood
Old 19 Jul 2010, 08:31 (Ref:2728885)   #27
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
Eddie is just playing his role in the broadcasting team. He's not afraid of making a fool out of himself, he knows what are difficult questions for team owners and he has personal experience. That is why he got hired by the BBC, to do the exact job he's doing now. I would much rather see Leggard getting the boot tbh. He offers nothing to the broadcast at all
I agree about EJ. He has asked some cracking questions this year, that most interviewers would not have dared ask (there was that one with the Ferrari spokesman - very amusing I thought). He is a bit irritating of course at times, but you have to take the rough with the smooth. In fact, on the whole I have no problems with the entire team, although I would get Davidson to do the race rather than just the practice sessions. He seems very on the ball.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 22 Jul 2010, 07:53 (Ref:2730491)   #28
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
In fact, on the whole I have no problems with the entire team, although I would get Davidson to do the race rather than just the practice sessions. He seems very on the ball.
I believe you can get him for the race by using the red button. I keep meaning to try it but have never done so yet.

Regarding EJ, there's a rumour on Facebook that some German pranksters are intent on removing his 'cat hat' this weekend!
Old 22 Jul 2010, 07:58 (Ref:2730493)   #29
NeilB
Rookie

England
NeilB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very good comparison of BBC One vs Five Live commentary -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikasr6UkqY8

I'd miss listening to Brundle, but with how poor Legard is it might have to be necessary.
Old 22 Jul 2010, 09:11 (Ref:2730516)   #30
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
I guess I'm the only person here who actually likes EJ as a pundit
I like EJ - I think he does a great job. Surely the whole point of having 2 pundits is that they have differing opinions. If you were to have 2 who agreed with each other all the time, then you may as well only have one.

I admit, EJ does ramble on a bit, sometimes but on the whole I think he adds a different view point, and asks some questions that you couldn't neccessarily see Jake or DC asking.
Old 22 Jul 2010, 09:48 (Ref:2730529)   #31
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
I guess I'm the only person here who actually likes EJ as a pundit
Well there's 3 of us at least. He does make me cringe on behalf of my entire nation at times, but I think the coverage is better for having him. What other former team owner would be any better?
Old 22 Jul 2010, 10:16 (Ref:2730540)   #32
Urgentemente
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool,UK
Urgentemente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Ron's after Eddie's job.
Old 22 Jul 2010, 10:22 (Ref:2730542)   #33
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.O.F. View Post
Well there's 3 of us at least. He does make me cringe on behalf of my entire nation at times, but I think the coverage is better for having him. What other former team owner would be any better?
Niki Lauda? Jack Brabham (but I suspect you might have to bleep some of his comments). Ron Dennis.

Regards

Jim

(All right, Niki was manager of Jaguar, not owner.)
Old 22 Jul 2010, 12:46 (Ref:2730610)   #34
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilB View Post

I'd miss listening to Brundle, but with how poor Legard is it might have to be necessary.
Great link, thank you very much.

Brundle is the guy who has kept me with the main commentary so far, but after hearing that I'm definitely going to try the red button this weekend and not just for free practice.
Old 22 Jul 2010, 16:37 (Ref:2730708)   #35
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilB View Post

I don't think that's a good comparison.
Croft would've annoyed the hell out of me if he was like that non-stop.

Who wants to hear a commentator drone on and on, increasing in volume as he goes, especialy during an onboard lap?
Old 22 Jul 2010, 16:56 (Ref:2730715)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Who wants to hear a commentator drone on and on, increasing in volume as he goes, especialy during an onboard lap?
I certainly don't.
Old 30 Jul 2010, 14:27 (Ref:2735805)   #37
Lord Jagged
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Lord Jagged should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bring back Murray Walker.

I never thought I'd write that.