Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny Will Buxton Quote

http://my.speedtv.com/go/thread/view...ng_in...?pg=41

Quote:
Interesting you mention getting political journos in because I studied politics for 5 years, majoring in organised crime in western Europe. Thought it would prepare me for a future in F1 journalism.
Now that's a man who has his head on straight!
Old 1 Aug 2010, 07:24 (Ref:2736968)   #2
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I liked his crack on Speed during Quali about Sakon Yamamoto. Apparently he DJs, so Buxton has tagged him "DJ DNF". He's fitting in nicely at the Sarcasm channel.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 08:12 (Ref:2736992)   #3
Racer

6157 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buxton is a much better fit for the Speed broadcasts.

He is the complete opposite of Windsor, who always came off as condescending.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 08:20 (Ref:2737001)   #4
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughGJohnson View Post

I liked his crack on Speed during Quali about Sakon Yamamoto. Apparently he DJs, so Buxton has tagged him "DJ DNF". He's fitting in nicely at the Sarcasm channel.
Thanks for that. I ran across that term in one of his postings and from the context, figured out that he was referring to Yamamoto. But I didn't know why.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 08:25 (Ref:2737003)   #5
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6157 View Post
Buxton is a much better fit for the Speed broadcasts.

He is the complete opposite of Windsor, who always came off as condescending.
I couldn't agree more. It seemed that people really didn't want to talk to Windsor; he acted like a little kid trying to be accepted by the big kids. No one ever said anything worthwhile to him during his grid walks.

Buxton, on the other hand, puts together little featurettes, asking (and getting answers to) the questions that the fans would like to ask. He finds and presents interesting information very well. He's aware of the current "hot issues" and pursues them.

Plus, people in the paddock seem to like him a lot better than they liked Windsor. It seems they're more willing to talk to him.

Speed made a great choice when they hired Will. I hope he'll be with them for a long, long time.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 08:56 (Ref:2737024)   #6
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yamamoto and Alguersuari both DJ, incidentally. http://www.marca.com/2010/07/31/moto...280593308.html
Old 1 Aug 2010, 09:09 (Ref:2737033)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Interesting you mention getting political journos in because I studied politics for 5 years, majoring in organised crime in western Europe. Thought it would prepare me for a future in F1 journalism.
It seems he also took the Introduction to sarcasm: how to wow novices on internet forums module.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 09:27 (Ref:2737048)   #8
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It seems he also took the Introduction to sarcasm: how to wow novices on internet forums module.
Sigh. No sense of humor. Not even a trace.

Hint: "Funny" in the thread title should have given you a clue.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 10:05 (Ref:2737080)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm sorry, you obviously missed my sarcasm. I did pass the Intermediate sarcasm: how it gets missed by Americans module. I failed the Advanced sarcasm: no need to label it "funny" for people to get it module. Apparently I didn't take it seriously enough.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 10:10 (Ref:2737087)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Sarcasm is indeed the lowest form of wit.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 10:24 (Ref:2737104)   #11
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Quote:
I'm sorry, you obviously missed my sarcasm. I did pass the Intermediate sarcasm: how it gets missed by Americans module. I failed the Advanced sarcasm: no need to label it "funny" for people to get it module. Apparently I didn't take it seriously enough.
Nice work. Trying to explain a personal insult with another personal insult.

Try harder. You'll learn with experience.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 10:26 (Ref:2737105)   #12
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Sarcasm is indeed the lowest form of wit.
Well done insulting the whole thread with that one sentence post that added nothing to the discussion.

Kudo's to you, my good man.

Incidentally, this post added nothing to the thread either.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 10:35 (Ref:2737107)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Well done insulting the whole thread with that one sentence post that added nothing to the discussion.

Kudo's to you, my good man.

Incidentally, this post added nothing to the thread either.
Nice sarcasm there.....it was sarcasm wasn't it?
Old 1 Aug 2010, 10:45 (Ref:2737121)   #14
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I wouldn't worry too much. You passed the Daily Mail module with flying colours and that's far more difficult.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 11:09 (Ref:2737144)   #15
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Nice sarcasm there.....it was sarcasm wasn't it?
True, at the very least sarcasm is a form of wit, unlike petty insults.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 11:21 (Ref:2737156)   #16
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Anyone fancy a pint?
Old 1 Aug 2010, 11:33 (Ref:2737161)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgms320 View Post
Nice work. Trying to explain a personal insult with another personal insult.

Try harder. You'll learn with experience.
That's my problem it is all theoretical for me. I haven't been able to put it into practice much.
People keep taking it too seriously and taking it personally when it is just meant to be a little funny. I will practice more.

Cheers.

Last edited by Adam43; 1 Aug 2010 at 11:54.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 11:58 (Ref:2737188)   #18
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Anyone fancy a pint?
Yes, I currently have no ale in the house though.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 12:00 (Ref:2737191)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
How did you let that happen?

You'll need a pint so you can drink to forget this boring race coming up.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 12:01 (Ref:2737192)   #20
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I have four cans of C2 (I know, I know) but I'm saving them for when I watch the Liverpool match later.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 12:26 (Ref:2737202)   #21
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
How did you let that happen?

You'll need a pint so you can drink to forget this boring race coming up.
I did my usual thing of drinking them all. Should've saved one.

Blimey. Stuff happening.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2737299)   #22
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At least you can drink during the race, 8 am is really to early to drink enough to forget a boring race.