Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Which Grandstand will you be sitting in?
T4. Panorama 2 5.71%
T5. Dunlop 4 11.43%
T11. Wimille 0 0%
T12. Benoist 0 0%
T13. Singher 1 2.86%
T14. Bernato 1 2.86%
T15. Chinetti 0 0%
T16. Sommer 1 2.86%
T17. Durand 2 5.71%
T18. ACO 2 5.71%
T19. Lagache 2 5.71%
T20. Leonard 1 2.86%
T21. Tavano 0 0%
T22. Wolleck 0 0%
T23. Raccordement 4 11.43%
T34. Paddock Stands 9 25.71%
No Grandstand seat for me 6 17.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 May 2014, 19:41 (Ref:3404639)   #51
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Maybe you just need to think of Le Mans as a 'friend with benefits' .

Not sure if you have that saying in Denmark.
We do, however it's not so nicely presented here: f*ckfriends .

But Le Mans is just too awesome just be a friend with benefits
Old 10 May 2014, 20:08 (Ref:3404652)   #52
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
To be honest, the closest feeling I have felt to the feeling when the race is done, is the feeling of a break-up.
Not the same thing, but I just feel hollow and don't really know what to do with myself, other than get in the car and sleep...

I don't know if I'm becoming too passionated with Le Mans
Very well said, exactly what I feel. Only the part off getting to the car and sleep is different. Instead I go to my tent, feel sad and start planning for next year.
btw becoming too passionated with Le Mans, is that really possible, I think not.
Anyhow, lets enjoy now and don't talk about the end, I'm so exited....only 29 day till I leave for LM.
Old 10 May 2014, 20:21 (Ref:3404662)   #53
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
We drive about an hour north and stay in a hotel on Sunday. With 25 of us reflecting on the weekend over a great meal and wine it is a highlight of our weekend.
Old 10 May 2014, 21:37 (Ref:3404705)   #54
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
We drive about an hour north and stay in a hotel on Sunday. With 25 of us reflecting on the weekend over a great meal and wine it is a highlight of our weekend.
Traditionally that's what we've done (albeit in a different direction and fewer in number). Once the race is done it's time to move on, reflect on it sure, and at some point in the evening fire up DSC and unpick a lot of what went on; but the concept of staying at the track into Sunday evening holds no appeal.

Much like the end of Frankenheimer's "Grand Prix" a deserted race track after the event feels like something very depressing to me, thus not something to be sought out.
Old 11 May 2014, 07:31 (Ref:3404811)   #55
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I must admit that was one of the big plusses when I was a 'Tourist'. We would actually drive all the way back to the coast on Sunday evening, usually to Cancale and have a fabulous meal and talk about plans for the next year.....

Having said that, the pleasure of being back at our NP hotel, usually within 30-40 minutes of race end enjoying the best shower of the year and then out for a meal is pretty darned good too!
Old 11 May 2014, 11:45 (Ref:3404896)   #56
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I must admit that was one of the big plusses when I was a 'Tourist'. We would actually drive all the way back to the coast on Sunday evening, usually to Cancale and have a fabulous meal and talk about plans for the next year.....

Having said that, the pleasure of being back at our NP hotel, usually within 30-40 minutes of race end enjoying the best shower of the year and then out for a meal is pretty darned good too!
We don't go that far and we are usually in the hotel bar by 6pm
Old 29 May 2014, 03:42 (Ref:3412168)   #57
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
For anyone who hasn't seen this thread already, please feel free to let us know where you will be sitting.
Old 29 May 2014, 19:18 (Ref:3412470)   #58
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would edit T17 Durand to add Bentley03 and tonypowe.......

.....but I can't......
Old 29 May 2014, 21:36 (Ref:3412522)   #59
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
Djcomix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'll be at panorama for the 1 hour and other moments
it will depend of the weather.
Old 31 May 2014, 08:39 (Ref:3413053)   #60
kaseo88
Rookie

kaseo88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
T34 Block C here. Someone can tell me if from there you can see the TV Screen at Audi Grandstand?

Also, you can move between blocks in T34 during the race? Not at start / finish when everyone will be in their seats of course.
Old 31 May 2014, 09:01 (Ref:3413060)   #61
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
I currently have a spare seat in T17 Durand (ACO). If anyone is interested please PM me.
Old 31 May 2014, 10:06 (Ref:3413079)   #62
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseo88 View Post
T34 Block C here. Someone can tell me if from there you can see the TV Screen at Audi Grandstand?

Also, you can move between blocks in T34 during the race? Not at start / finish when everyone will be in their seats of course.
You should be able to see the screen at the exit of the final part of the Ford Chicane.

And yes, you can move freely around all parts of T34 once people move from their seats. You can be one of the 12 people in there at about 4 am on Sunday morning........
Old 31 May 2014, 10:44 (Ref:3413093)   #63
Remus
Racer

Remus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back in lagache this year. Looks like it should be roughly opposite the 14/20 car pits. Would that be right?

Can't bloody wait.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 07:46 (Ref:3414073)   #64
kaseo88
Rookie

kaseo88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You should be able to see the screen at the exit of the final part of the Ford Chicane.

And yes, you can move freely around all parts of T34 once people move from their seats. You can be one of the 12 people in there at about 4 am on Sunday morning........
That’s great news! I wasn’t sure I could be able to see the screen from so far.

Thanks a lot for your answers.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 09:14 (Ref:3414112)   #65
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
I currently have a spare seat in T17 Durand (ACO). If anyone is interested please PM me.
Seat now sorted. I shall be sitting next to CTD, just as in 2012. Looking forward to that!
Old 2 Jun 2014, 18:17 (Ref:3414412)   #66
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Seat now sorted. I shall be sitting next to CTD, just as in 2012. Looking forward to that!
And so do I!
Old 2 Jun 2014, 19:04 (Ref:3414443)   #67
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New tribune no.1 for me.