Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 1 Aug 2014, 10:49 (Ref:3440714)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
British Rallycross R5 - Lydden

Just a few weeks to this, so I thought I'd chuck a thread up.

Anyone have any idea what the schedule is for this round? I have seen no mention of the "Mayhem" show on Facebook and I note that both the British Rallycross and Lydden Hill websites are listing this as a one day (Monday 25th August) event only. Is there racing (or something else?) on Sunday, or is this just a one day only?

Fingers crossed for a decent entry list, be nice to see a few World Rallycross competitors getting some practice in before Loheac!
Old 1 Aug 2014, 13:42 (Ref:3440772)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I'm going to miss this one (first time I've missed a Lydden rallycross event for years). Hopefully it'll be a strong entry though and with any luck the 'mayhem' stuff has been knocked on the head.
Old 1 Aug 2014, 15:17 (Ref:3440787)   #3
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I'm going to miss this one (first time I've missed a Lydden rallycross event for years). Hopefully it'll be a strong entry though and with any luck the 'mayhem' stuff has been knocked on the head.
I personally didn't mind the "Mayhem" package, though I thought the scheduling of last years event was poorly thought out.

Still, I have seen no mention of it on Facebook and, given how early they were promoting the BHP Show, that seems a strong indicator (to me anyway) that its not back for 2014.
Old 4 Aug 2014, 13:09 (Ref:3441384)   #4
stuart107
Racer

England
Faversham
stuart107 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can confirm that this is a one day only event and will be ALL Rallycross. The decision was made to try and have a busy one day meeting, rather than a diluted one day meeting run over two days. Better for spectators (especially families), with just the single day admission.

Adult entry is £15 - Unders 12s are free.

The entry is looking to be VERY good already, with one or two surprises as well!

https://www.facebook.com/events/912899165390946/

Stuart
Old 4 Aug 2014, 13:28 (Ref:3441386)   #5
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Thanks for the confirmation Stuart, I'll be there!
Old 6 Aug 2014, 11:28 (Ref:3441914)   #6
Hawkesfire
Rookie

England
Stockton On tees
Hawkesfire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there in my first run with the swift boys so i hope i can keep up with them and pending if Jennies junior car is repaired in time she will be back out racing !!!!!
Old 6 Aug 2014, 14:19 (Ref:3441943)   #7
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkesfire View Post
I will be there in my first run with the swift boys so i hope i can keep up with them and pending if Jennies junior car is repaired in time she will be back out racing !!!!!
Aren't you racing the Peugeot anymore?
Old 6 Aug 2014, 15:09 (Ref:3441958)   #8
Hawkesfire
Rookie

England
Stockton On tees
Hawkesfire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peugeot is up for sale or will be getting broken for spares as running it and my daughters junior swift as well as all the travel with work was getting too much so i have bought Tony Lynch's old swift so the plan is it will take less to run in the swift class or that was the plan until Jennie had an argument with a barrier at Pembrey but hopefully this is a one off.....

Had the swift out at a test day at Blyton and am really impressed with the speed these little cars go so will see how i measure up against the other swift boys at Lydden
Old 12 Aug 2014, 16:48 (Ref:3443739)   #9
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkesfire View Post
Peugeot is up for sale or will be getting broken for spares as running it and my daughters junior swift as well as all the travel with work was getting too much so i have bought Tony Lynch's old swift so the plan is it will take less to run in the swift class or that was the plan until Jennie had an argument with a barrier at Pembrey but hopefully this is a one off.....

Had the swift out at a test day at Blyton and am really impressed with the speed these little cars go so will see how i measure up against the other swift boys at Lydden
Shame the Peugeot won't be back, but at least you will still be racing.

Fingers crossed this is finished in time to make its debut at Lydden:

Old 13 Aug 2014, 09:04 (Ref:3443912)   #10
Sarge
Rookie

England
Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
Sarge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks great. Let's hope he has some healthy competition at Lydden.

Must be about time for an entry list isn't it?.......
Old 13 Aug 2014, 09:17 (Ref:3443918)   #11
stuart107
Racer

England
Faversham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Looks great. Let's hope he has some healthy competition at Lydden.

Must be about time for an entry list isn't it?.......
Entry list will be up later today on the British Rallycross website.

It is a good entry, with a few nice surprises!
Old 13 Aug 2014, 11:04 (Ref:3443935)   #12
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
I'm personally not sure on the rear arches (the lines don't seem to "flow" as well as the OMSE or M-Sport Mk.7 Fiesta in that picture), but I do like a wide-arch Fiesta so I hope we get to see plenty of it in the British Championship.

Look forward to seeing the full entry list.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 09:28 (Ref:3444182)   #13
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Forgive the double post, but the entry list is now up on the British Rallycross website:

http://www.britishrallycross.co.uk/n...ill-now-online

14 Supernationals so some potential for good racing there. 9 Supercars on the entry including Pat in his RS200, quality!
Old 14 Aug 2014, 09:30 (Ref:3444185)   #14
stuart107
Racer

England
Faversham
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Forgive the double post, but the entry list is now up on the British Rallycross website:

14 Supernationals so some potential for good racing there. 9 Supercars on the entry including Pat in his RS200, quality!
.... And one or two still to be announced......
Old 14 Aug 2014, 10:02 (Ref:3444193)   #15
rallyloverke
Racer

rallyloverke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart107 View Post
.... And one or two still to be announced......
as a final test for Loheac? :-)
Old 14 Aug 2014, 11:48 (Ref:3444213)   #16
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post

Good entry thus far with plenty of time for more to enter but I'm a bit confused. We seem to have sprouted a couple more classes but with just entries from Holland and/or Belgium. Is the Belgium championship running at the event?
Old 14 Aug 2014, 12:34 (Ref:3444224)   #17
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Good entry thus far with plenty of time for more to enter but I'm a bit confused. We seem to have sprouted a couple more classes but with just entries from Holland and/or Belgium. Is the Belgium championship running at the event?
Let's hope they run all the supernationals together. Classes of 3 competititors is not what we need.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 14:08 (Ref:3444242)   #18
stuart107
Racer

England
Faversham
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
There are a few drivers coming over from Holland, and likely to be a few more last minute entries. It will depend on the final numbers, as to whether they run on the their own or are mixed with the British class.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 16:49 (Ref:3444276)   #19
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart107 View Post
There are a few drivers coming over from Holland, and likely to be a few more last minute entries. It will depend on the final numbers, as to whether they run on the their own or are mixed with the British class.
Thanks. Assumed that was probably the case.
Old 19 Aug 2014, 21:40 (Ref:3445540)   #20
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any update on entry? Liam banned from this one too? Any Europeans over? We normally see Jos Jansen but noy sure the cars are back from Canada yet?
Old 20 Aug 2014, 08:04 (Ref:3445620)   #21
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby View Post
Any update on entry? Liam banned from this one too?
Liam has mentioned an appearance at Cadwell Park (for the BSB) this weekend.

I assume that you need a valid license to do demonstration laps?

Its a bit of a trek, but not unfeasible to think they could drive to Lydden from Cadwell Park after the BSB demos are done (though not if the demos are on Monday of course!).

One of the previews on the RallycrossUK site last week (http://www.britishrallycross.co.uk/n...at-lydden-hill) did include the line:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallycrossUK Preview
There are strong rumours too, that there may well be one or two more late additions to the Supercars this weekend to add to the nine already entered for this weekend."
Fingers crossed those additional entries are forthcoming.
Old 20 Aug 2014, 08:14 (Ref:3445623)   #22
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
On the entrylist Pat Doran is listed in the supercars in the RS200 - I thought group B's weren't eligible? I'd have expected to see him in the Retros?
Old 20 Aug 2014, 08:41 (Ref:3445628)   #23
Sarge
Rookie

England
Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
Sarge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wondered that but I don't recall there ever being an official announcement that Group B was out of the British Championship. It would be a waste to have Pat in the Retro's. Will be great to see how close the RS200 is to the likes of Godfrey and Ollie.

No sign of Proctor yet, would have hoped to see him out in the new Fiesta. I have a sneaky suspicion one of the RX150 drivers might be out in a Supercar in the near future.

Why is Liam banned?
Old 20 Aug 2014, 10:10 (Ref:3445639)   #24
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
On the entrylist Pat Doran is listed in the supercars in the RS200 - I thought group B's weren't eligible? I'd have expected to see him in the Retros?
Quote:
I wondered that but I don't recall there ever being an official announcement that Group B was out of the British Championship. It would be a waste to have Pat in the Retro's. Will be great to see how close the RS200 is to the likes of Godfrey and Ollie.
I think the last remaining Group B cars retired before any changes were made? Group B cars are still mentioned in the current Supercar regulations:

http://www.britishrallycross.co.uk/a...3_Draft_v1.pdf

I assume they have made some changes to Pat's RS200 to make it eligible for the Supercars (and presumably even more changes if they intend for it to be competitive). The PR on the car prior to the World round at Lydden...

http://erc24.com/archives/18099

...claimed 800 BHP (so I assume no turbo restriction) and relatively unsophisticated engine management. I guess those must have been changed for this weekend. Would love to see Rosie running in circa-2002 configuration: i.e. with flames belching out of the exhaust on every gear change!

Quote:
No sign of Proctor yet, would have hoped to see him out in the new Fiesta. I have a sneaky suspicion one of the RX150 drivers might be out in a Supercar in the near future.
Ditto on Procter. I was also hoping that a World driver or two would show their face.

New article just gone up on Rallycross World...

http://www.rallycrossworld.com/2014/...to-rallycross/

...indicating that Mark Flaherty will race in the Supercars (in Pat's DS3).

Quote:
Why is Liam banned?
That is a question that no one seems to have the answer to... and if they do they aren't saying!
Old 20 Aug 2014, 10:12 (Ref:3445641)   #25
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The rules still allow for Group B cars to race, in the case of turbocharged cars they just need the usual 45mm restrictor.

In fact Rob Gibson could even step up and use his 6R4, now that would be great to see racing alongside an RS200