Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Jun 2015, 09:51 (Ref:3551072)   #126
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The very best thing about the thunderstorm - apart from the fabulous lightshow, was that it very firmly put a stop to the acid-house party three rows away in the campsite. Music at ground-shaking levels is bad enough, but cocaine distribution in plain view is just taking the...

But the blessed rain dampened their spirits, even if it's not the heaviest rain I've ever seen at Le Mans. That was at the Classic in 2012 when the heavens opened just in time for the Seventies plateau.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 11:16 (Ref:3551098)   #127
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
The rain didn't do much damage at all. At that moment that is. But it did make the ground very soggy so the pegs and nails didn't had much grip left. Had one freak windgush on the friday afternoon that blew away my gazebo on top of my rental car. Scratches and a few dents. Byebye excess!
Old 18 Jun 2015, 10:53 (Ref:3551831)   #128
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
storm was a bit scary at night but we partly managed to save our gazebo from going up in the air, we left it at the campsite as it was too badly damaged for another year.
Old 20 Jun 2015, 10:15 (Ref:3552381)   #129
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Just got the figures from the rental company (which I am not gonna disclose here) on the amount I have to pay for the damage to their car. Not little, but also a lot less than I feared, as it were two rather large body panels that got damaged. So all in all pretty relieved. Hope the weather Gods have more consideration for my piggy bank next year!
Old 21 Jun 2015, 22:48 (Ref:3552845)   #130
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Just got the figures from the rental company (which I am not gonna disclose here) on the amount I have to pay for the damage to their car. Not little, but also a lot less than I feared, as it were two rather large body panels that got damaged. So all in all pretty relieved. Hope the weather Gods have more consideration for my piggy bank next year!
Impressed - rental companies not known for their generosity in this sort of thing (still smarting over the EUR300 I got stung from in Amsterdam for a wind related scratch I got in Harlingen a few years back). Appreciate it's all a bit 1970s and driving gloves territory but having ended up with a fair bit of pine sap over the car this year I'm wondering if investing in a tarpaulin to put over it for next year is decent investment - would that also insulate against rogue gazebo damage?
Old 22 Jun 2015, 08:22 (Ref:3552929)   #131
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Pine sap was always a problem in TR, and with branches cracking in the high winds we had earlier in the week i am sure you were not the only one, on one of my first stays there we parked my friends range rover under a pine tree and he had real trouble removing it. i suspect you will not park under a pine tree again Ian.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 12:00 (Ref:3553001)   #132
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
...or pay the extra cash upfront for as much insurance cover as they sell...

(My 2014 gazebo damage on the M5 was 'only' was £200 to fix, so I feel your pain)
Old 22 Jun 2015, 14:36 (Ref:3553043)   #133
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Leroy Merlin sells tarps for a little amount.
Old 23 Jun 2015, 16:00 (Ref:3553376)   #134
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Appreciate it's all a bit 1970s and driving gloves territory but having ended up with a fair bit of pine sap over the car this year I'm wondering if investing in a tarpaulin to put over it for next year is decent investment
Surely with your car you could find a new and novel way to fuel it in addition to your racing hybrid system?!